Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 06:50 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,137,268 times

Advertisements

I am not going to copy and paste the OP's post. but willl ask instead does she believe it is the responsibility of the federal goverment to provide for each and every americans health care in violation of a couple of amendments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,893,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am not going to copy and paste the OP's post. but willl ask instead does she believe it is the responsibility of the federal goverment to provide for each and every americans health care in violation of a couple of amendments?
Does medicare and social security violate those amendments as well?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Does medicare and social security violate those amendments as well?

yes they do.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,485,769 times
Quote:
Yes, I'll take the guy I helped pick over the anonymouse CEO answering to the board and their stockholders.
Actually, the CEO is more accountable than the politicians.

The government can spend and spend wildly, and there is no limit.

Competition is what drives down costs, and what enables innovation.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,485,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I find that the people who already have insurance are the ones making the most noise and the people without it are relatively quiet.

You're wrong.

I have no health insurance with my job.

Yet, I have no desire to have the Federal government step in.

Because there is a bigger picture. The government has the banks, and if they take over healthcare and energy, they pretty much have it wrapped up. But you think a Marxist takeover in America is just a silly conspiracy theory.

You don't believe that since the time this nation was founded, there have been those who wanted to step in and take over.

Your liberty is such a fine, delicate thing, yet, you take it for granted, thinking nothing could go wrong here.

You see, they aren't going to come and invade our soil from the borders. They come from within, like a cancer.

Think about it.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Actually, the CEO is more accountable than the politicians.
Not to the individual insurance customer, they are not.
To the board and stockholders, yes.

Quote:
Competition is what drives down costs, and what enables innovation.
I agree, we should have a public option to bring competition and drive down costs.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 PM

I look at it this way, if this bill was supposed to be soooooooooooo good, then why is congress exempt from having to participate?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,126,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Coverage is not mandated for illegals in the bill. It simply says taht to PURCHASE insurance someone can not be discriminated against.. on Page 50 , btw.. that insurance companies that SELL insurance can not discrimate against and individual .
TM - insurance companies CAN REFUSE TO SELL insurance to illegals. This is a fact.

The section you refer to deals with PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. They cannot refuse to sell you insurance because of PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I look at it this way, if this bill was supposed to be soooooooooooo good, then why is congress exempt from having to participate?
I'm fine with giving them whatever options they provide for us.
If we get an option (public vs private), they could have the option to keep their current plan or use the public plan.

If we are mandated, they should be mandated (my opinion).

Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I'm fine with giving them whatever options they provide for us.
If we get an option (public vs private), they could have the option to keep their current plan or use the public plan.

If we are mandated, they should be mandated (my opinion).

no retirement plans either, after all they are supposed to public servants, not moochers like they currently are.

term limits comes to mind as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies