Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
They don't disagree with Obama's policies. They don't even know what his policies are. They repeat the lies they've been told: that Obama will take their health care plan from them. That Obama will forcibly euthanize seniors. Ad nauseum.
Have you spoken to all of these folks at the townhall meetings?

Always nice to see what our school taxes are paying for.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The town hall protestors - yes.

The teabaggers - not at the "tea parties" that have been held thus far. Those were primarily about taxes. As far as future "parties," maybe.
well there was a tea-party shin dig in the park behind my condo here in boise and some of the things they were saying were RACIST and homophobic.. and extremely christian crazy...I was disgusted by some of the things I heard on a microphone blaring in the park

Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
McCain won the White vote. Obama won all other races by 2-to-1 or better. That might help explain why the angry people are mostly White.

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com
You bet it's about race. The same people were screaming paranoia about Obama before he even took office. "Who IS Barack Obama, really?" "Palling around with terrorists," "Muslim," "Communist," etc. All displaced racial aggression. The right-wing media and corporate leaders know precisely how to manipulate these ignorant folk. They play on their basest fears. Hence, the ridiculous posts on this forum about Obama being "Hitler," or planning to kill seniors, etc. Sad.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 PM

500 posts, read 910,045 times
I used southerners as a polite way of saying racists. That poll last week said most the birthers were over 60 or living in the south.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Have you spoken to all of these folks at the townhall meetings?

Always nice to see what our school taxes are paying for.
No. Just as I didn't speak to the folks at Palin's rallies. The video sound on my computer is just fine: I can hear what they say. And what they say sounds like it's coming from mentally deficient people. The same folks who probably fight the school tax.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
well there was a tea-party shin dig in the park behind my condo here in boise and some of the things they were saying were RACIST and homophobic.. and extremely christian crazy...I was disgusted by some of the things I heard on a microphone blaring in the park
Do you have a noise ordinance in Boise? If so, call the police or code compliance if they have another one.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Is that why Obamas policies are sailing through?
they're not sailing through because the dems don't have a spine.. the silent majority elected them to do what they said they would do.. that includes healthcare...
also, much of the next generation isn't old enough to vote yet.. and the shift of generational power hasn't fully happened yet... I pray for the day when it does...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Do you have a noise ordinance in Boise? If so, call the police or code compliance if they have another one.
it was in the middle of the day... so no noise ordinance.. but to those who say the tea-bagging movement didn't have racist roots is lying...
they all got together and starting getting each other's feathers ruffled up and the REAL feelings started getting expressed.. it was shocking

Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
No. Just as I didn't speak to the folks at Palin's rallies. The video sound on my computer is just fine: I can hear what they say. And what they say sounds like it's coming from mentally deficient people. The same folks who probably fight the school tax.
Nice sweeping generalization.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Absolutely true. My students couldn't care less about gay sex or gay marriage, or keeping America "Christian." The Republicans never learn.
Young and stupid=liberal
After some maturity,responsibility, business ownership, financial accomplishment, etc,they figure out Government is always trying to screw them and their college professors were mostly real life failures.
It's then that most self sufficient adults who understand personal accountability adopt a more conservative value system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies