Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Some use.

Conservatives abuse.
Both use, and both abuse. Junkies can be from both sides of the political spectrum. At the same time, there are those from both sides who don't use nor abuse. However, lost of pot heads and hippies are quite liberal, perhaps because they grew up in the drug and free sex craze of the '60s and '70s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 09:09 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
That's ok, just continue to drown in your ignorance... You have a lot of company here. We on the right side will continue to save you from yourselves... UHC is going down, and that is a nations saving thing...
Please, do us all a favor and quit trying to save us from ourselves, we are okay, really!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:20 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Please, do us all a favor and quit trying to save us from ourselves, we are okay, really!
I find it quite amusing that despite the Republicans' recent so-called attempts to "save us from ourselves," Republicans themselves have proven to be the party that desperately needs saving...literally.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Glenn Beck, just flat out hate all Government, left or right, and even some of those right down the middle, if the stomp on the Constitution, or it just doesn't make sense or add up.

He makes you laugh, before you cry.

It is what it is. Entertainment, while getting a little insight.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:25 PM

459 posts, read 804,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
And I'm not sure what to think. I've been reading so much about him and how people blame him for things so I figured I'd give him a look-see.

I have to ask...is he for real? I mean it does look like a spoof, or like someone trying really hard to ACT like he's spoofing, but this is supposed to be serious? He makes funny noises, does silly voices, makes faces and mugs to the camera, does skits, etc.

I've seen Comedy Centrals shows (The Daily Show, Colbert Report) and I KNOW those are joke shows that touch on real issues, is Glen Beck's show satirical?

This guy walks a very dangerous line. Him and his fellow recovering alcoholic buddy limbaugh are calling the president hitler and a nazi. Basically spewing hatred at our elected president. It's more then ok in my opinion to question a presidents judgments and to question his policies, but these two have gone way overboard. Whats going to happen if a crazy listener of their shows tries to kill a member of congress or the president. I'm all for the first amendment, but you have to show some responsibility in how you use that freedom.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
He makes you laugh, before you cry.
He didn't make me laugh though. He made me uncomfortable. Maybe he's just too low-brow for me.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
This guy walks a very dangerous line. Him and his fellow recovering alcoholic buddy limbaugh are calling the president hitler and a nazi. Basically spewing hatred at our elected president. It's more then ok in my opinion to question a presidents judgments and to question his policies, but these two have gone way overboard. Whats going to happen if a crazy listener of their shows tries to kill a member of congress or the president. I'm all for the first amendment, but you have to show some responsibility in how you use that freedom.

Not too long ago, the same was said about GW on Beck's show. So which is it??

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
So I watched Glen Beck for the first time tonight...

Did your brain shrink?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 PM

459 posts, read 804,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not too long ago, the same was said about GW on Beck's show. So which is it??

which is what? It's not ok if it's GW either. It's irresposible to stir up people with hatred garbage, liberal or conservative. So whats your point?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 PM

838 posts, read 922,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
And I'm not sure what to think. I've been reading so much about him and how people blame him for things so I figured I'd give him a look-see.

I have to ask...is he for real? I mean it does look like a spoof, or like someone trying really hard to ACT like he's spoofing, but this is supposed to be serious? He makes funny noises, does silly voices, makes faces and mugs to the camera, does skits, etc.

I've seen Comedy Centrals shows (The Daily Show, Colbert Report) and I KNOW those are joke shows that touch on real issues, is Glen Beck's show satirical?
It is serious mixed with comedic, all to get the message out. When he was on CNN he was always serious and spoke intellectually, was not always easy to understand. Then he went on Fox and now speaks plainly with comedy added. He said with emotion that he's glad he now has the freedom (on Fox) to say what he wants to say. He thinks he needs comedy to attract viewers I guess but I like him fine when he's plain serious. He is a libertarian and patriotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies