Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,789 times

Advertisements

Healthcare reform sparks meeting mayhem | 10connects.com | Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater (http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=111086&catid=8 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
Healthcare reform sparks meeting mayhem | 10connects.com | Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater (http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=111086&catid=8 - broken link)
No matter how loud lies and hate is shouted the truth speaks louder. I was at one of these in Hollywood a Nelsons office. I had to leave because I carry a gun and may have shot one of these people. They could care less about health care. There was a bus down the street that brought them. They are paid agitators along with a few uneducated morons who jump on any band wagon as long as they can cause trouble. It is much like we saw in the 60's when they tried to beat down the blacks with lies and intimidation. It is what Hitler used to beat down the people as his lies were spread. It takes very little research to expose the Republican lies. Any objective person with half a brain can find the true information. You should see most of these people. They are one step away from inbreeds. They can't say anything other then what they have on pieces of paper they have been given.
Just the other day in Boca area they crashed a meeting that was nothing more then a bunch of elderly who meet every month to discuss and learn about Social Security issues. They people are just pure hate and fear mongers. They scared the hell out of these old people who had no idea what was going on.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/07/op...gman.html?_r=1

Last edited by mango23; 08-07-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 AM

I'm wondering if someone is going to get killed at one of these soon.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,053 times
Quote:
Yes, absolutely. Nothing is being discussed about health care at those meetings. It is nothing more then hate speech and lies being shouted that has nothing to do with issues. Someone will be killed before this is over, it is just a matter how many. The republicans are promoting a race war. Although I have no real affiliation, I am on mailing lists as a republican to see what is being sent out. They come just short of suggesting bombings. Just as a learning experience register with a few of these republican sites and you will see what real hate is.

It is so easy to appeal to the ignorant. It is hard to believe today with all the information we have access to there are still people who are so uninformed. I don't really care what people believe as long as it is their own informed decision.

Last edited by mango23; 08-07-2009 at 11:35 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times
that is just nonsense. people have a right to express how they feel about the health care bill. i am definitely against the health care bill and nobody is organizing me to protest or paying me to protest. we do not need to pile illegal immigrants into our healthcare system. that will not help ONE AMERICAN WORKER.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 AM

I'm in favor of health care reform. I would support people buying it on the private market it that actually worked, and the premium could be capped at something reasonable for most people like $100/month. But as anyone who buys it as an individual knows the premiums keep spiraling until it becomes unaffordable. Mine is going up to about $250/month soon. I'm not sure if it's viable to keep it provided by private insurers in the long haul. What I'm really concerned about is that one the of the bills is going to prevent private insurers from discriminating against pre-existing conditions. That's great for those people, don't get me wrong, but that won't solve the problem. Once those people are in the private market it will just drive up the premiums for everyone else who buys an individual policy. The simplest way is just to have the government take over the systems, IMO, not these compromises.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,188 times
i know that we have a surplus of labor in this country, thus the rising unemployment.

i know that we have a recession in this country, thus the negative GDP growth.

i know that our country cannot afford to absorb illegal immigrants into our healthcare system from a financial perspective. WHAT DO YOU KNOW DIFFERENT?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-07-2009 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: edited for deleted content

Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
I had to leave because I carry a gun and may have shot one of these people.
Don't know if I would have printed this.

There are pros and cons on both sides of the health care issue.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:28 PM

774 posts, read 2,381,202 times
Quote:
It is hard to believe today with all the information we have access to there are still people who are so uninformed. I don't really care what people believe as long as it is their own informed decision.
That is so true. You would think with things like Twitter, E-mail, etc. we'd be able to get information out and organize people better. The corporate media is worse that useless and only tells one side of the story.

60% of all doctors and over 160,000 nurses favor a single payer system, yet we hear nothing about it in the corporate media. All that would need to happen is to systematically expand the Medicare program to all citizens.

Having "affordable" healthcare like the administration is proposing would be nice, but the insurance companies, who are in total control of the politicians, will never stand for it because they'll have to cut their rates (and that will cost billions of dollars in profit). "Affordable" is the kind of "slippery" term that politicans love.

Here's the rub:

If you took thieving insurance companies out of the loop:

--you'd save $400 billion a year in profits.
--drastically lower the cost of healthcare overall.
--Cover every American (Just not illegal aliens).
-- Negotiate cheaper rates for Pharmaceuticals.
--Have everyone able to pick whichever doctor or hospital they choose.
--Take employer out the the terrible spot of having them deal with/and pay in part for health care for their employees. They could immediately become more profitable and hire more employees as they grow their business.

The U.S. spends double what other industrialized countries spend on healthcare yet is rated "39th" in the world.

Check this link out to hear what one Corporate Insurance whistleblower has to say:

"They Dump the Sick to Satisfy Investors": Insurance Exec Turned Whistleblower Wendell Potter Speaks Out Against Healthcare Industry

Mikey

Old 08-07-2009, 12:37 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
Quote:
There's at least one congressman that's gotten reportedly credible death threats over the health care bill, and a group also burned an effigy of Allen Boyd (FL-2) a few days back. I would not be too surprised to see shots fired soon, given how certain people seem to be stirring up a mob mentality right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies