Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americaloveitorlveit View Post
My daughter gave birth to 2 severely handicapped children, my grandchildren. They are now ages 11 and 13. They were both born with the same internal and physical problems.
They will never walk, or talk. They will always be in diapers and use a feeding tube in order to eat. One is blind, the other only has partial sight. The list goes on.
If not for the medical care that my daughter has been able to get for them, though not always without a fight, they would not have made it this long. She depends on help from the Government for most of the equipment they need to survive.
Under Obama's Health Care Plan, my grand children's lives are not worth much. I guess they have no value as they will never be any better.
My daughter is terrified of the Government taking away what help she does receive.
Can you show me specifically in the bill where it says special needs children are worth x? Can you show me where it says, "so and so's children" are not worth much?

Until you can show a letter from the United States of America or whatever state your daughter lives in stating that your grandchildren will lose their medical coverage SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF THE HEALTH CARE BILL BEING PASSED IN CONGRESS, I consider this post nothing but bullsh**.

The only way I can see your grandchildren losing medical coverage is if the state is going through budget constraints and needs to medical coverage for children. If that happens, you don't need to blame Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 05:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Kevin - what on earth made you say that? The poster did not make any statement whatsoever that would give anyone the impression that he/she didn't want your family to receive healthcare benefits.

Why did you say such awful stuff? Dern.
What the poster stated was that she is afraid Obama will kill her kids and therefore she opposes healthcare reform. Although it is not true of course, I simply pointed out to her that she is essentially saying "I got mine and to Hell with you" to the kids of other people who cannot afford health insurance and need a public option for their families too. Just like all these old people showing up and raising hen heckles while they sit around and get Medicare- which is taken out of MY paycheck every 2 weeks.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,286 times
Quote:
They will never walk, or talk. They will always be in diapers and use a feeding tube in order to eat. One is blind, the other only has partial sight. .
Honestly - what is the point of keeping those children alive? It's not like they can live any sort of quality life.

They will always be a burden on the tax dollars and contribute nothing (then again - we have plenty of 'healthy' people who do that -- living on some sort of faux disability).

Old 08-07-2009, 05:28 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What the poster stated was that she is afraid Obama will kill her kids and therefore she opposes healthcare reform. Although it is not true of course, I simply pointed out to her that she is essentially saying "I got mine and to Hell with you" to the kids of other people who cannot afford health insurance and need a public option for their families too. Just like all these old people showing up and raising hen heckles while they sit around and get Medicare- which is taken out of MY paycheck every 2 weeks.
where exactly did she say " i got mine and to Hell with you" mister kevk

Old 08-07-2009, 05:28 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2001 View Post
Honestly - what is the point of keeping those children alive? It's not like they can live any sort of quality life.

They will always be a burden on the tax dollars and contribute nothing (then again - we have plenty of 'healthy' people who do that -- living on some sort of faux disability).
Good lord. How offensive and cruel can you be?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth2001 View Post

It's a bit late to say that, the kids are already 11 and 13 I believe...

Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
where exactly did she say " i got mine and to Hell with you" mister kevk
That is essentially what she said.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,355 times
am i still in America this is disgusting. we care more about sick puppies than sick humans

man

Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
My daughter gave birth to 2 severely handicapped children, my grandchildren. They are now ages 11 and 13. They were both born with the same internal and physical problems.
They will never walk, or talk. They will always be in diapers and use a feeding tube in order to eat. One is blind, the other only has partial sight. The list goes on.
If not for the medical care that my daughter has been able to get for them, though not always without a fight, they would not have made it this long. She depends on help from the Government for most of the equipment they need to survive. """

"""Gee, they must be quite a help...those "government" types.""

"""Under Obama's Health Care Plan, my grand children's lives are not worth much. """

WHY? WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT?

I guess they have no value as they will never be any better.
My daughter is terrified of the Government taking away what help she does receive.

Then all she has to do is apply for nice affordable health insurance from some kindly, generous private For-PROFIT-Not-Health Insurance company ....and I'm sure they'll overlook that "pre-existing condition" thingy

How much were you paid to post this bunk?

Old 08-07-2009, 06:08 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Good lord. How offensive and cruel can you be?
Isn't it cruel that the OP wants his/her grandchildren to be covered but not other peoples sick kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies