Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 08:30 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,813,559 times

Advertisements

Picking myself off the floor @ that isnt asking citizens to turn other citizens in
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 09:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,680,171 times

YouTube - Limbaugh Compares Democrats To Nazis

Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,136,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I totally agree. Obama is more of a Stalinist type sleaze ball. Hitler wanted to conquer the world whereas Stalin was content to destroy already conquered nations with leftist ideology and murder his own citizens.
reading up on some history may be a good idea before making comparisons.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:57 AM

201 posts, read 432,174 times
Of course Limbaugh has a right to call the president a Nazi. But I just hope he realizes what he's implying and wont back away from responsibility when someone takes him too seriously.

I'm not for taking away anyones freedom of speech, even if it is someone I loathe like Rush Limbaugh. But, I think the "thin ice" statements come from concerns over Obama's personal safety. People are going absolutley nuts with fear. You know what often happens when people become afraid? They become violent. They blow things up and shoot people.

The "adults" participating in this debate (nation wide, not just on CD) need to remember to calm down, realize the implications that come with throwing around the word "Nazi", get their facts straight, and debate like, well, adults.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:36 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,803,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The same CBO said that the "stimulus" would hurt the economy in the long run. It has produced exactly zero jobs to date. So why are we continuing down this same wrong path of stealing from the next generation as though something different were going to happen. Cut

CBO Says Stimulus Bad for the Economy - Marc Thiessen - The Corner on National Review Online=
i got a question for you you think no congress/senate has stolen from the current generation and before that get real. all this stealing from the next generation is cheesy and quite wierd that they seem to care about future generations when we currently are in debt and been in debt in the past by borrowing extensively from china, why hasnt that caused any uproar or next generation talks?

and as far as the stimulus there has been some positive job creations, in the police industry in specific cities, the stimulus also helped some people keep their jobs, i dont know where people are getting their info but they are completely wrong on thwe issue and you are too

Old 08-10-2009, 08:53 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,720,813 times
You do realize what's happened, don't you? The administration has succeeded in changing the subject. We're no longer talking about health care (a national conversation that wasn't going so well for the administration). Instead they have focused attention on the people attending townhall meetings and talk show hosts. Can someone say 'evil genius?'

Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,678,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What about OUR First Amendment rights?? When do WE get to go down to WSB AM and demand time for OUR side to be heard on the issues of the day? Radio is supposed to serve ALL the public. Not just 40% of it.
Air America radio is a conservative station?

MSNBC?

CNN?

Give me a break. You don't like what ONE station has to say, so you resort to trashing the constitution to ensure that nobody that disagrees is given an outlet to disent. Don't make some bogus claim that your side isn't able to be heard.

I am sure you were screaming like this too when all but one station was trashing Bush right? Hypocrite.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:27 AM

221 posts, read 435,835 times
I love hearing these liberals whine and moan about how Rush compared Obama to Hitler... yet Hollywood and all the other leftists openly compared Bush to Hitler for 8 years.

Sorry Obama, cant take away speech rights. Stick to taking away all the other rights you are working on, but speech wont work

Old 08-21-2009, 11:54 AM
ncc

95 posts, read 303,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Rush and Hannity very definitely disagreed with Bush on many of his decisions, here are just a few in which one or both let George Bush have it with both barrels:

1. nominating Harriet Myers for SCOTUS
2. Dubai Ports deal
3. Prescription Drugs program
4. Immigration reform
5. Letting Ted Kennedy write the education bill
6. The bailouts last year
7. TARP
8. Boarder security

Rush and Hannity are first and foremost Conservatives, therefore they would disagree with many of Bush's policies. Bush was a big-governent Republican. The Republican party today is a joke!!! Many of the politicians claim to be Republican but they're just RINO's. It's really sad. I do see a bright future for LA governor Bobby Jindal.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:57 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,580,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Whan an ignorant fool. I can't believe some people actually "follow" this sorry human being.
You are so right...Gibbs is a Communist along with his boss and both are ignorant fools good choice of words...so glad you finally have seen the light....welcome to sanity...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies