Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
OH and having alot of money in the bank because he can attract idiots, does not make him a person to follow. Think for yourself.
Exploiting idiots for profit is a popular business model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 08:10 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,373,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If you look at history, most times a person's rights have been revoked is when they have abused those rights.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/null/Hat...67&showthumb=0
Your post and quoted material are confusing.
Not sure which side you are arguing for.

Your quoted material says:
Quote:
It is this teaching of contempt, this demonizing of the “other”—this is where is all begins.
http://www.law.columbia.edu/null/Hate+Speech+-+Cotler?exclusive=filemgr.download&file_id=151667& showthumb=0[/quote]
Isn't this what happened to the people who attended Tea Parties?
Isn't this what is happening to people who are speaking out against Obama's Healthcare?

Are there "bad seeds" planted in the crowd - probably.

But people who are opposed to the healthcare plan WANT an opportunity to express their concerns to their elected officials.
What is their purpose of closing down an event?
That just doesn't even make sense.
Do some get overly emotional - sure some do.

I never thought I would see such a vicious attack on American citizens voicing their concerns over govt policies.
It really is a sad day in America.

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee has released a new video to push back against protests happening at town hall meetings across the country, and according to ABC's Jake Tapper, these demonstrators are being depicted as "irrational birthers who want to 'destroy' President Obama." Tapper: 'DNC Suggests Town Hall Protesters are Fringe Birther Mob' | NewsBusters.org
Quote:
Blanche Lincoln, Democratic Senator from Arkansas, not for long, labeled those that would protest health care as un-American. This is How the LEFT (Pelosi & Lincoln) Treats Political Dissent against them … They are Branded Nazis and Un-American | Scared Monkeys
Quote:
Nancy Pelosi, has accused the protesters at Democrat healthcare town halls of carrying swastikas: Was Pelosi So Wrong About Swastikas? | Sweetness & Light
Quote:
Holding up a square of bright green Astroturf, Reid said, "This is not grass roots," and added that the congressional town hall demonstrations are "about as phony as this grass." Harry Reid: 'Phony' Health Care Protests Astroturf, not Grassroots -- Politics Daily
Quote:
President Obama likes to pose as the tribune of the common people, but Americans who show up at town-hall meetings to object to Obama’s plans to nationalize health care are, in the words of Obama’s Democratic National Committee, “the mob,” a bunch of “extremist” yahoos who must be publicly denounced and ridiculed. Insult and Injury by The Editors on National Review Online=
Quote:
Democrats, including White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, have said the disruptions were organized attacks aimed at Democrats by conservative, anti-health care reform interest groups. Several protestors at Thursday's meeting in Tampa angrily rejected that contention. Castor heartened by reaction to town hall tumult
Quote:
The Democratic National Committee is keeping up its attacks on skeptical voters showing up at congressional town halls, using this week to define them the way that conservatives defined anti-Iraq War protesters in 2003: as angry fringe extremists. It’s just sent out a new donation email that’s framed as a fact sheet on the protests. [Entire email can be read on the site]
The Washington Independent » DNC Goes After ‘Sham’ Town Hall Protests
Quote:
DNC releases ad smearing Americans protesting against Obama domestic policies The Saloon dot net :: DNC releases ad smearing Americans protesting against Obama domestic policies

Old 08-07-2009, 08:10 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Silly Limbaugh, Obama's a Marxist.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would go even further than that and remind all the stations that carry his garbage and that of Beck, Hannity and Savage that they are LICENSED to serve the public and that trash is NOT serving the public interest and that it is going to be MY FCC that decides if you get a renewal or not. That is what I would tell ALL the AM stations that carry non stop hate mongers.
Trying once again to stifle free speech KevK? Just because YOU don't like what YOU hear does NOT give YOU the right to say they should be silenced

Are you a Hypocrite KevK?

Are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody should do that. Nobody ON THE AIR WITH A RADIO OR TV SHOW should do that. Nobody should incite fear or violence against The President for entertainment, and that is what these people are. Not journalists, not investigators, ENTERTAINERS. They even admit as much.

But I guess it's "your turn" so we should just let it go. Then when it's "their turn" we just ignore that too. And so on and so forth. And this is how we are going to do things from now on. And you think its a good thing because....?

Jon Stewart is an entertainer? Micheal Moore? Sean Penn? Have you ever heard what these guys have said?

6 posts, read 6,411 times
This is gonna get good ! Screw TV

Old 08-07-2009, 08:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If you look at history, most times a person's rights have been revoked is when they have abused those rights.
The laws of Canada ARE NOT the laws of the United States! They have laws that allow them to stop people from speaking -

We don't - and God help us if people like YOU get your way -

Old 08-07-2009, 08:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Jon Stewart is an entertainer? Micheal Moore? Sean Penn? Have you ever heard what these guys have said?
Yes they are entertainers.

"Comedy Central" pretty much sums it up as far as The Daily Show goes. COMEDY. And he doesn't spew hate as far as I have seen.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 PM

The White House says this:

"But I think what the most important thing is, is that we can have a discussion in our democracy about where we want to go," he added. "The president strongly believes we can do so without yelling at each other, pushing at each other or degrading each other. We have seen some stuff, I mentioned it a week ago, we have all seen imagery that just shocks and surprises us and I think the best thing to do is just take that temperature down a bit."

At the same time the Democratic party it is instructing via a leaked memorandum how to interupt town hall meetings. How to stuff the audience by changing the meeting times. You have all heard of the memo, so there is no need to repeat it. It is as sick as anything they accuse the GOP of.

The Democrats have proved time and time again they don't want a discussion. Obama said it himself yesterday: "we are going to pass this thing whether you like or not." The issue of debate is moot. The issue of Democracy is moot.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yes they are entertainers.

"Comedy Central" pretty much sums it up as far as The Daily Show goes. COMEDY. And he doesn't spew hate as far as I have seen.

The guy has more hate in his little finger than I have in my whole body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies