Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:12 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times

Advertisements

Good for her. She shouldn't put up with him. Still, I can't help but see the whole thing as tragic. A family disintegrating is still a sad thing to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 06:31 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Sanford wasn't worth a damn before he got caught. Now that he is impaired by the impending loss of his farm, fortune, and three million dollar beach house, he won't get any better.

He is also a republican governor who was one of the loudest voices in the chorus to impeach Clinton because of his lack of FAMILY VALUES.

When he resigns and goes away, he will no longer rate having his own thread, and I, for one, can barely stand the wait.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-10-2009 at 03:17 PM..

Old 08-08-2009, 06:36 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally posted by cuebald
It is if you are in South Carolina like I am.

Sanford wasn't worth a damn before he got caught. Now that he is impaired by the impending loss of his farm, fortune, and three million dollar beach house, he won't get any better.

He is also a republican governor who was one of the loudest voices in the chorus to impeach Clinton because of his lack of FAMILY VALUES.

When he resigns and goes away, he will no longer rate having his own thread, and I, for one, can barely stand the wait.
It must be really interesting being a liberal in South Carolina.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:57 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
It must be really interesting being a liberal in South Carolina.
There was an old Chinese curse that went, "May you live in interesting times".

It should have gone, "May you live in an interesting state". South Carolina is definitely an interesting state.

Smart cookies, those Chinese.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:34 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Dukester, you're the expert. Think Ms. Sanford and Sarah Palin might go roomies in NYC?

Old 08-08-2009, 07:39 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Mr. Sanford did say his mistress was his love of his life!!

I know if I would of said that my wife would have Laurena Bobbit me.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:25 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Mr. Sanford did say his mistress was his love of his life!!

I know if I would of said that my wife would have Laurena Bobbit me.

It's too bad Mrs. Sanford wasn't Laurena Bobbit, then she might have taken the one thing that was important to Mr Sanford.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:12 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
I can't get over a rich woman moving clothes still on hangers. Don't these other women have families? Why did they interfere? Jenny is a love sick woman who must realized she is not a mate for the governor much less a soul mate. I know she is hurting but the time has come to accept the fact he does want you any more. Has he stated he wants to work on the marriage? Leaving will only harm the marriage.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:31 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
COLUMBIA, S.C. — The wife of South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford moved out of the official
governor's residence with their four sons Friday, a little more than a month after he admitted
to a yearlong affair with an Argentine woman he called his "soul mate."

First lady Jenny Sanford and several other women moved bags of clothes, a suitcase and
armloads of suits and dresses on hangers from the governor's mansion in Columbia before
departing in a caravan of sport utility vehicles. Three of the four boys were present,
carrying tote and duffel bags.

Jenny Sanford Moving Out Of Governor's Mansion
Do you ever mind your own business? Marriages fall apart all the time in america are you in their business also? Oh wait its only republicans bedrooms that you care about

Old 08-08-2009, 05:37 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Good for her. She is behaving with dignity and self-respect. He made his choice, now he can live with it. I have never, never, never been able to figure out how a man or a woman can walk away from their kids and chose a "love" partner over their children. There is nothing on this earth that could take the place of my children and there is no earthly man for whom I would have given up my kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies