Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 08:13 AM

189 posts, read 335,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm a Democrat. I've read the article. So what is it that I'm suppose to take away from it?
Many of democrats in DC are claiming that the protesters who oppose the health care bill are not ordinary, angry citizens; that it isn't real grassroots opposition. They are claiming that the opposition protests are manufactured by republican organizers, people are bussed in, etc.

It is obvious that in THIS event, at least, the opposite is true. The pro-healthcare plan side bussed in professional organizers. They even hired a spanish-speaking day-laborer to hold signs he couldn't even read! I mean, PLEASE... Who is being sincere and who is putting on a show?

I am NOT a republican. But this certainly shows what crass hypocrites those democrats are who dismiss the very real citizen opposition to their plan by claiming that they aren't "real" every-day citizens who are really pissed off about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
It is obvious that in THIS event, at least, the opposite is true. The pro-healthcare plan side bussed in professional organizers.
First, its a bit disingenuous to claim that a "photo-essay" by a partisan is reflective of any "facts".

Second;

Seems to be a chicken vs the egg kind of argument. The pro-health care folks made it clear that they were going to up the ante in face of the orchestrated protest against it, so it isn't surprising that this would be the response.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We, Democrats have been at the grassroots organizing for more than 75 years, through the labor movement and civil rights, just because we have perfected the art and science of protest as compared to the rookie attempts by the GOP shouldn't be a big surprise.
I would refer to your reputation as neither art nor science of protest although your reputation does support your claim of grassroots efforts.

Minutemen Protest Storming At Columbia University

Tancredo at UNC

Olympia port protesters stop military-cargo truck

ACORN Breaks Into Baltimore Homes WJZ.com

Chased out of the Castro District

Palm Springs Cross Stomping

You do yourselves proud ! ! !

Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 AM

479 posts, read 660,833 times
Great point, name tags! Too funny.

I can see the e-mail from Barry now

Red Alert to all Dem Grass Roots groups, PUT DOWN THE NAME TAGS!

ROFLMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Very interesting to see just who are the 'organized puppets' isn't it?
I especially liked how the pro-health care 'protesters' apparently independently of each other wore name tags How mighty organized in a spontaneously disorganized way of them, eh?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:33 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
It absolutely amazes me how easily misled people are thru propaganda and right wing front groups. And considering these people want to believe the way they do and also FAIL to see the larger issue here (freedom of choice and medical care for all, not just some) they are trying to prevent medical care like the south tried to prevent civil rights. Its their 21st century rallying cry.

I realize the calculus behind their hatred. Disrupting informational meetings all across the country shows organization by the front groups

Old 08-08-2009, 08:38 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Great point, name tags! Too funny.

I can see the e-mail from Barry now

Red Alert to all Dem Grass Roots groups, PUT DOWN THE NAME TAGS!

ROFLMAO!!!
And from Barbara Boxer . . . "don't wear upscale clothing - it makes you stand out and will raise suspicion that you are a shill."

And from Nancy Pelosi . . . "be sure to hand out swastikas, so we can take pictures and accuse the opposition of being Nazis and threatening our lives."

Old 08-08-2009, 08:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
Many of democrats in DC are claiming that the protesters who oppose the health care bill are not ordinary, angry citizens; that it isn't real grassroots opposition. They are claiming that the opposition protests are manufactured by republican organizers, people are bussed in, etc.

It is obvious that in THIS event, at least, the opposite is true. The pro-healthcare plan side bussed in professional organizers. They even hired a spanish-speaking day-laborer to hold signs he couldn't even read! I mean, PLEASE... Who is being sincere and who is putting on a show?

I am NOT a republican. But this certainly shows what crass hypocrites those democrats are who dismiss the very real citizen opposition to their plan by claiming that they aren't "real" every-day citizens who are really pissed off about this.

They are pissed about alot of things, their handlers told them to target healthcare, so the astroturf outrage organizes trips to vent their bile and disrupt informational meetings with their hatred and thuggery

Old 08-08-2009, 08:57 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It absolutely amazes me how easily misled people are thru propaganda and right wing front groups. And considering these people want to believe the way they do and also FAIL to see the larger issue here (freedom of choice and medical care for all, not just some) they are trying to prevent medical care like the south tried to prevent civil rights. Its their 21st century rallying cry.

I realize the calculus behind their hatred. Disrupting informational meetings all across the country shows organization by the front groups
I love the irony.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:11 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,287 times
Thanks for this post, OP. It was great!!

Old 08-08-2009, 06:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
God Bless America!! The grass roots movement is awesome. The Democrats will have to wake up and smell the coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies