Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:55 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

If these Senators' would be smart the would sit down and listen to what "we the people" have to say and go work with that. They could start save money by cracking down on fraud, next would be to limit the amount of law suits, so a docotr can limit the amount of unnecessary X-Rays, etc...(my mom got 6 X-Rays for a broken nose...in Europe she would have gotten 1 from the front and 1 from the side...6 is ridiculous, but they need to do it just in case they get sued)....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 12:23 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Do you think there's a danger for the GOP of mainstream America seeing these mobs shouting down Congressmen/women as dangerous wing-nuts rather than contributors to constructive dialogues about health care?
Of course there is. In fact, it's already happening. These angry mobs are hurting the GOP far more than they're helping their cause.

When Congressmen are forced to cancel town hall meetings due to unruly disruptors who won't stop screaming and throwing temper tantrums long enough to let anyone else get a word in edgewise, many non-disruptive people with valid questions, concerns and stories of their own are unable to ask their questions and/or get their answers from their Congressmen. These non-disuptive constituents are definitely not going to look favorably toward the disruptive jerks who're causing the entire process to be halted.

Also, if Congressmen are unable to hold town hall meetings because these groups of loudmouthed jerks make it impossible for peaceful, civil debates to be held and/or because the Congressmen are fearful for their own safety and the safety of other town hall attendees, the Democratic Congressmen will have little choice but to return to Congress and vote the way they planned to (pro public option), because the disruptors caused the Congressmen to be unable to speak to and hear from any other constituents. The Congressmen certainly aren't going to assume that since there were groups of uncivilized, screaming idiots, their entire constituencies are against the public option. They'll have no choice but to vote in favor of the public option that the constituents who voted them into office want passed.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Of course there is. In fact, it's already happening. These angry mobs are hurting the GOP far more than they're helping their cause.

When Congressmen are forced to cancel town hall meetings due to unruly disruptors who won't stop screaming and throwing temper tantrums long enough to let anyone else get a word in edgewise, many non-disruptive people with valid questions, concerns and stories of their own are unable to ask their questions and/or get their answers from their Congressmen. These non-disuptive constituents are definitely not going to look favorably toward the disruptive jerks who're causing the entire process to be halted.

Also, if Congressmen are unable to hold town hall meetings because these groups of loudmouthed jerks make it impossible for peaceful, civil debates to be held and/or because the Congressmen are fearful for their own safety and the safety of other town hall attendees, the Democratic Congressmen will have little choice but to return to Congress and vote the way they planned to (pro public option), because the disruptors caused the Congressmen to be unable to speak to and hear from any other constituents. The Congressmen certainly aren't going to assume that since there were groups of uncivilized, screaming idiots, their entire constituencies are against the public option. They'll have no choice but to vote in favor of the public option that the constituents who voted them into office want passed.
What a bunch of babies. If that is what these Congressmen are gonna do - instead of manning up and answering questions - then they deserve to all be voted out.

There are many ways to get the word out. If Constituents are whipped up into a fury, it is b/c their Congressmen have not communicated through the media - and letters home to constituents - as to their positions - or they have not even attempted to explain what is being considered in committee.

If they can't communicate any better than that, no wonder people are in a froth.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
... because the disruptors caused the Congressmen to be unable to speak to and hear from any other constituents.
I think not. My emails to my Congressman get returned with the same "canned" response on how hard they are working for me and never mention the issue about which I mailed them.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:18 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
What a bunch of babies. If that is what these Congressmen are gonna do - instead of manning up and answering questions - then they deserve to all be voted out.
People yelling and screaming isn't asking questions.

When you ask a question, you wait for a answer.
These folks didn't.

The tea-heads should be the ones voted off the island.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:21 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So the republicans are the mob for using their voice but the union members that are using violence are what?

No I dont think its going to backfire. I think Americans are getting sick of the gov spending. I dont think they want their taxes to go up for this. Remember majority have health insurance. I think Americans are back to really wanting small gov.

I dont think recent comments out of this white house is helping the democrats. I am ready bring on 2010
When I turned on the set I thought, "Wow, what union is thugging this time?"

Old 08-08-2009, 02:23 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think not. My emails to my Congressman get returned with the same "canned" response on how hard they are working for me and never mention the issue about which I mailed them.

My congressman, has a forum/blog where you as 'the public' suggest your question and then you vote on all the questions to create a list for him to answer. The funny part is, half the people are making the same off the wall statements that you see here, instead of asking a question. So far he has answered a bunch of the questions, but still the goons are writing their statements full of name calling and other bs. Of course the only topic is health care right now.

Pretty transparent for government.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:26 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Do you think there's a danger for the GOP of mainstream America seeing these mobs shouting down Congressmen/women as dangerous wing-nuts rather than contributors to constructive dialogues about health care?
I imagine it will further separate the right from their moderate members.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:27 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
There's an old saying..."Sometimes you have to him up beside the head with a two by four to get his attention"

Old 08-08-2009, 02:31 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
People yelling and screaming isn't asking questions.

When you ask a question, you wait for a answer.
These folks didn't.

The tea-heads should be the ones voted off the island.
"The tea-heads should be the ones voted off the island."

It's because of comments like that they feel the need to yell!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies