Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, $3800!!! Give me a break! Is there any reason anyone should ever vote for a Democrat again?
$3800 a year for a family of four - that's actually a bargain if you've shopped around recently for private insurance for a family of four.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:07 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,233,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Obama has officially lost his mind (assuming he ever had one.)

Fines proposed for going without health insurance - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090908/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_health_care_overhaul - broken link)
Good! Sounds like a GOP plan for a health care bill. Finally, we can all rest assured someone's going to do something!
Oh, not another thread about health care. jeez.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:07 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,023,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
You can't fix everything at once. I would imagine if everyone is forced to have health insurance, it would become more difficult for illegals to continue to go without it as well.
go into any emergency room and read that gov notice on the wall

Old 09-08-2009, 05:11 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,023,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
"Will eventually be forced to pay"?

I would hope you realize the procedures for creating Laws.

The GOP and the Blue Dog Dems have so far killed pretty much each piece of UHC and/or "reform" that has come down the pipes.

Bamers has already stated he will not support fines, and has been meeting with Congressional Dems in an effort to kill that idea, as stated in the article in the OP, a Bill not even out of Committee at this time.

The POTUS also must sign such a Bill that has gone through the Congressional Procedures before it can become Law, at which time the Judicial can become involved should a citizen challenge said Law in the courts.

So please, for the Love of America, spare us the hysterics. Kthnksbye
hysterics?

Old 09-08-2009, 05:34 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,410,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
hysterics?
"Will eventually be forced to pay..."

Hysterics.

The Bill isn't even out of committee yet, and some are already blowing Gabrial's horn over it.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,410,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
$3800 a year for a family of four - that's actually a bargain if you've shopped around recently for private insurance for a family of four.
That is a fine, not a health insurance premium.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:42 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
That is a fine, not a health insurance premium.
I assume though that it would go into a fund that would pay for healthcare for the uninsured/the people paying the fine. Is that not how it would work? So I could bring my whole clan to the ER for any old thing and not get bitched at for mooching 'free' healthcare off the backs of 'paying' customers - b/c I would pay my 'fine' every year.

(I'm not really this dense, I'm just screwing around - but don't you think there will people that choose this path? At various times in the past I've paid up to $1000/month to provide coverage for my family of four. Heck yeah, people will do this. In the end, what could happen? Go to jail? BINGO! More 'free' healthcare!)

Last edited by tyanger; 09-08-2009 at 05:59 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 06:47 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,467,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Obama has officially lost his mind (assuming he ever had one.)

Fines proposed for going without health insurance - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090908/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_health_care_overhaul - broken link)
We know that you do not read your own links. Assuming you can read.

President Obama had rejected the fine long before it popped up again courtesy of Senator Baucus. Read it.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:13 PM

323 posts, read 502,753 times
A townhall attendant makes an impressive stand on the health care issue. She understands that this is a philosophical issue, and takes the moral position.

YouTube - Come and Take It

Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 PM

192 posts, read 219,795 times
The thing that kills me is that liberals think that the Health Care in Europe is free. I have seen them say it over and over and write it over and over. Typically they do it like this "It's FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!???><><>? Health Care.

It's not free. In Europe they pay a vastly higher percentage of their income in taxes and they pay much much more for goods. Some of these European countries have an almost 20% VAT, which adds substantially to the cost of goods. In England they pay the equivalent of about $7 USD a gallon for gasoline. There is nothing free about their system.

I was a liberal when I was younger, then when I had to go out and get a job I all of a sudden wasn't so liberal anymore. Liberals see this stuff as "free" because most of them are either on welfare, or don't make enough money to pay taxes, so they don't see the "work=money" connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.