Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
McCain isn't a "natural born citizen." He was born in the Canal Zone. I would contribute to a legal fund to take that issue all the way to the Supreme Court.
Born of American citizen parents... natural born citizen... Go ask sotomayer
but no matter where he was born, he would be sooo much better than dumbo.
In fact, so would you be...!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 04:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Anyone who buys pays sales tax. So, in a time of high unemployment, you are suggesting we take away the liberties and voting rights of someone who had the misfortune of losing their job! BTW, are you a Republican?
I tried to rep you for this!!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
For all of the sourgrapers and crybabies who are still licking their wounds over McCain's loss to Obama please realize that McCain sunk his own ship when he chose a moose killing, wolf shooting, trash talking bimbo as his running mate.

If American voters had been undecided up to that point, McCain made certain that they voted for Obama (thankfully).

One of America's biggest fears was electing McCain, who has one foot in the grave already, and having Palin step in to the role of POTUS

Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post

He did not lose by a landslide if you count the votes. On electoral votes maybe. Remember though that he received the minority vote due to his color. They needed smething to make them feel good about themselves so they voted for him due only to his color.
That's a despicable lie. I'd explain to you why, but you aren't worth the keystrokes. I just don't want you to get away with making such an outrageous falsehood without getting called on it.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Yes, I totally agree. And I'm a registered Democrat who voted against Bush twice. I voted against Bush for the same reason I voted against Obama and supported McCain. What we need is a centrist president who takes positions based on the merits of each issue and not based on ideology, whether it's the left or the right. Bush and Obama are both in ideological straitjackets. They are two sides of the same coin. The Obama years will be plagued with the same polarization and left vs. right invective that plagued the Bush years.

McCain was the best presidential candidate to come along in decades. It's too bad that the disgust with Bush pushed the electorate to go to the other extreme.
What disgusted me about McCain was when he sang, "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Iran!"

Old 08-10-2009, 06:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What disgusted me about McCain was when he sang, "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Iran!"
Why should that disgust you? He is correct.

IMO - it will happen - soon,

Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
McCain PROVED he was unfit to lead a cub scout troop when he selected, or allowed the republican party to select that empty headed twit from Alaska as his running mate.

I wasn't going to vote for him, but I respected him, until the Palin announcement. He either made a really really bad choice, or he allowed others to make the decision, proving he is unfit for leadership.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:25 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
For all of the sourgrapers and crybabies who are still licking their wounds over McCain's loss to Obama please realize that McCain sunk his own ship when he chose a moose killing, wolf shooting, trash talking bimbo as his running mate.

If American voters had been undecided up to that point, McCain made certain that they voted for Obama (thankfully).

One of America's biggest fears was electing McCain, who has one foot in the grave already, and having Palin step in to the role of POTUS
You just described me! I didn't care for either ones choice of VP but I could NOT get past Palin. Or the idea that some of the old guard would still be pulling the strings since she clearly brought nothing to the table.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:51 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

McCain PROVED he was unfit to lead a cub scout troop when he selected, or allowed the republican party to select that empty headed twit from Alaska as his running mate.

I wasn't going to vote for him, but I respected him, until the Palin announcement. He either made a really really bad choice, or he allowed others to make the decision, proving he is unfit for leadership.
Even people who were previously supporters, were outraged by his choice of Palin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sullivan

Editor's Note: Historically a John McCain supporter, conservative journalist and blogger Andrew Sullivan takes on the issue of John McCain's integrity as he strives to win the presidency.

. . .

Yes, McCain made a decision that revealed many appalling things about him. In the end, his final concern is not national security. No one who cares about national security would pick as vice-president someone who knows nothing about it as his replacement. No one who cares about this country's safety would gamble the security of the world on a total unknown because she polled well with the Christianist base. No person who truly believed that the surge was integral to this country's national security would pick as his veep candidate a woman who, so far as we can tell anything, opposed it at the time.

. . .

t r u t h o u t | McCain's Integrity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cohen

. . .

I am one of the journalists accused over the years of being in the tank for McCain. Guilty.

. . .

McCain has soiled all that. His opportunistic and irresponsible choice of Sarah Palin as his political heir -- the person in whose hands he would leave the country -- is a form of personal treason, a betrayal of all he once stood for. Palin, no matter what her other attributes, is shockingly unprepared to become president. McCain knows that. He means to win, which is all right; he means to win at all costs, which is not.

. . .

Richard Cohen - The Ugly New McCain - washingtonpost.com

Old 08-10-2009, 09:19 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
That's a despicable lie. I'd explain to you why, but you aren't worth the keystrokes. I just don't want you to get away with making such an outrageous falsehood without getting called on it.
Please humor me and tell me why it is a lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies