Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:39 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times

Advertisements

I don't think Rosie is Anti-American here, she has a different viewpoint that is not popular and not liked much, but that does not make her Anti-American at all here...but everything else about her just makes me want to vomit, but lets be clear here, she is still an American...just doesn't agree with the majority.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Smile Here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
And while you're doing that, Nirvana. Please provide evidence of Rosie's Anti-Americanism. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Here is a video with Rosie's own comments on TV.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/vid...l_and_her.html

In the video, you will hear Rosie's "sweet voice" yapping about her hatred for the US and her love for terrorist nations like Iran.

Here is some more:

Comedian Rosie O'Donnell crossed line with anti-American rants

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

With Investors Business Daily crowning Rosie O'Donnell with the nickname "Tokyo Rosie" for bad-mouthing America, critical mass has been reached for the acerbic comedian. She has crossed the entertainment Rubicon into the dark land of bitter performers who have allowed personal demons to become their public messengers.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070410/COLUMNISTS31/704100302 (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Please provide evidence that it is legal to slap a woman on the street in Syria and Iran. Or are you just making things up again?
Here you go:

Violence Against Women -- In Iran, Abuse Is Part Of The Culture (Part 2)

By Golnaz Esfandiari

No woman is safe from domestic violence -- no matter what country or culture she lives in. According to a new UN report, one in three women will be raped, beaten, or abused during her lifetime. Part two of our four-part series on the occasion of today's world "Eliminate Violence Against Women Day" focuses on Iran, where abuse largely goes unreported and -- officially at least -- unrecognized.

http://www.parstimes.com/women/violence_culture.html

Beyond the Veil - Women in Iran

By Christiane Regelbrugge '04

The issue of the rights of women has over the years become a large one, both nationally and internationally. On the international scale more particularly, women face discriminatory laws everyday, which try to oppress and control them. This is especially the case in parts of the Middle East. In Iran, a revolution twenty-one years ago completely turned the nation around. It went from a very "western-influenced" country to an Islamic fundamentalist state. The Iranian Revolution, in the name of the Koran and Islam, had enormous effects on the treatment and lives of women in Iran.

The religion of Islam is a monotheistic one that is based on the teachings of Muhammad, a prophet of God, or Allah. The Islamic Caliphate, a large empire reigning in the eighth to fifteenth centuries was based on a government with no separation between church and state. It is a good example of what many Islamic Fundamentalists wanted Iran to become. It is important to understand the religion of Islam, as it is a crucial component to women’s rights. Many laws against women are attempted to be justified by the words of Muhammad.

http://www.ccds.charlotte.nc.us/History/MidEast/04/regel/regelbrugge.htm (broken link)

Go to Google and do a search "women abuse in Iran". It is all over the news all over the world. Only YOU never heard of it.

Wanna go farther than that?? Here are Rosie's Anti-Christian hatred rethoric:

Rosie O’Donnell's Anti-Christian Smear
By Don Feder
FrontPageMagazine.com | September 22, 2006

While Muslims were busy threatening to kill the Pope, Rosie O’Donnell – talk-show host, constitutional scholar and celebrity airhead – was busy comparing conservative Christians to Islamo-fascists.

Let’s see if I’ve got this straight:

Militant Muslims behead prisoners. Radical Christians oppose embryonic stem-cell research.

Militant Muslims blow themselves up in crowded shopping malls, slaughtering women and children. Radical Christians defend traditional marriage.

Militant Muslims fly planes into buildings, Radical Christians work to protect the sanctity of human life.

Militant Muslims threaten to kill those whom they believe have insulted their precious Prophet. Radical Christians threaten to launch consumer boycotts.

Militant Muslims issue fatwas. Radical Christians distribute voter guides.

Yep, I can see the similarities all right. The two are as alike as peas in a pod. No wonder Jerry Falwell is so often mistaken for Sheik Nasrallah.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=24544

Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times
None of your links support your claims. I see nothing about it being legal to slap women in public. And your links say nothing about Syria.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I don't think Rosie is Anti-American here, she has a different viewpoint that is not popular and not liked much, but that does not make her Anti-American at all here...but everything else about her just makes me want to vomit, but lets be clear here, she is still an American...just doesn't agree with the majority.
I agree, she is not anti-American. In her own distored and warped way she thinks she is very American. That is what is scary about her. That and that fact that for the past year or so she has had this platform on the View in which unsophisticated people are fed her rhetoric and actually believe she is someone to listen to.
I've said this before, I believe her deep-seated hate and anger at the President started when she tried to adopt a child in Florida and was turned down, she blamed Jeb, and all this hate has been turned loose. To bad a personal vendeta can cause all this upheaval.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:02 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Saganista:

Is Rosie is a center-left person?? Whaaaaaaaaaat? If she is in your opinion, the Hillary Clinton would be Stallin!

Rosie is as far left as you can go. She is an extremist and she got FIRED because she is a nutcase and Americans cannot stand her hate rants over and over again. It gets old after a while.

Maybe Rosie and Imus should get together and have a racist, anti-American and Anti-Christian show. They should do it out of San Francisco, the city with most America-haters in the world. That way, things would be "perfect" for them.
Rosie isn't smart enough to come up with these theories on her own. She's only parrotting what she's being told by the far-left bloggers. Unfortunately, most of what she says is considered accepted in some circles, allegations without facts, much of it heard here on this forum.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
You are saying she was fired, but she and babs say she chose to leave. Where are you getting this info that she was fired? Can this be confirmed? I would hope she was fired but I somehow believe she was not.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:13 AM

LeavingFlorida... are you an Iran-lover too?

Ok, here we go... let the Iran abused women be heard! First one article from the left-wing Amensty Internation:

Women and Children Subject to Increasing Abuse

INTRODUCTION

The Government of Bahrain has engaged in a consistent pattern of human rights violations since the early 1980s. A disproportionate number of targets of such violations have been Shia Muslims, particularly in the aftermath of the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran in 1979. Following an alleged coup attempt in Bahrain in 1981, many people suspected of having links with Iran were arrested, convicted and sentenced to long-term imprisonment after unfair trials. Others were held in incommunicado detention in accordance with the State Security Measures of 1974 which permit administrative detention by order of the Minister of the Interior for up to three years, renewable. The government also resorted to forcible exile as a punitive measure against its suspected opponents and/or their families.

ARBITRARY ARREST AND INCOMMUNICADO DETENTION OF WOMEN

Since late 1994, women have been increasingly active and organized in their campaign for democratic reforms, signing petitions urging the restoration of parliament and joining in demonstrations calling for the release of political detainees. Amnesty International knows of no cases in which women have been charged with involvement in violent acts. Many women were arrested apparently as a means of deterring other women from joining them in public protests. Most were held incommunicado, some in solitary confinement, for up to two months before being released, usually without charge or trial. Several reportedly stated that they had been beaten or pressured in other ways to confess to participation in demonstrations. Others testified that they had been beaten for participating in demonstrations, or for trying to prevent the arrest of their male relatives.

Among the women detained apparently as punishment for the activities of their male relatives, was Afaf Abd al-Amir al-Jamri, a daughter of Sheikh Abd al-Amir al-Jamri, a leading Muslim Shia cleric who was detained for about five months in 1995. She was arrested when she had gone to visit her father in detention on 9 May 1995. She was reportedly beaten by women police officers and then held incommunicado for almost one month before being released without charge or trial.

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/engMDE110181996 (broken link)

Here is another one:

WHAT IS A WOMAN IN ISLAM

A woman in Islam is considered a "toy" (that is why I used the word "what" instead of "who"). This is taken literally from what the prophet Mohammed and the Just Khalif Umar Ibn Al Khattab (one of Mohammed's fathers-in-law) declared; from actual acts toward women in most Islamic countries today; and from the different doctrines concerning women in Islam (marriage in Islam, the rights of women, the status of women compared to men, a woman's duties to her husband, etc.)

In his book Al-Musanaf (Vol 1, part 2, p. 263), Abu Bakr Ahmed Ibn Abd Allah (one of the Muslim scholars) said; "umar (the Just Khalif) was once talking when his wife interjected, so he said to her, "You are a toy, if you are needed we will call you." Amru Bin Al Aas (also a Khalif) said, "Women are toys, so choose" (Kanz-el-Ummal, Vol. 21, Hadith No. 919). Mohammed himself said, "The woman is a toy, whoever takes her let him care for her," according to Ahmed Zaki Tuffaha on page 180 of the book Al-Mar'Allah wal-islam ("The Woman and Islam)

MEN'S SUPERIORITY OVER WOMEN

Sura 4:34 (a chapter in the Koran ) states, "Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other." On page 36 of his book, The Women and Islam, Ahmed Zaki Tuffaha wrote, "Allah established the superiority of men over women by the above verse (Sura 4:34), which prevents the equating of men and woman. For here man is above the woman due to his intellectual superiority…."

In Islam not only is a woman considered a toy and men superior, but woman are also considered to have many deficiencies:

1. Women are deficient in intelligence and religion.

In Sahih Al Bukhari's book, which Muslims consider the most authentic book after the Koran we read, "Allah's Apostle once said to a group of woman ; "I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious, sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The woman asked; "O Allah's Apostle, what is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said; "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said; "This is the deficiency of your intelligence…Is not it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The woman replied in the affirmative. He said: "This is the deficiency in your religion….This Hadith has been agreed upon, which gives it the highest degree of authenticity in Islam. That is why it has been accepted and used by eminent scholars such as Ghazali, Ibn Al Arabi, Razi, and others

2. Women are deficient in gratitude.

In Sahih Al Bukkhari (Part 1, Hadith No. 28) we read, "Women are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds done them). If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking) she will say, "I have never received any good from you"

3. Women are likened to a crooked rib.

In Sahih Al Bukhari (Part 7, Hadith No. 113) it is stated "The woman is like a rib; if you try to straighten her, she will break. So if you want to get benefit from her, do so while she still has some crookedness." This Hadith has been agreed upon

Hey, there are something like over 1,000 articles of women being beaten and abused openly in Iran. I don't have the time to post everyone of the here.

Appranetly, only Rosie and LeavingFlorida09 do not know (or don't care) about the blatant abuses of women and children in Islamic countries, specially in Iran. If they did, they would condemn Iran instead of praising it. Oh.... Kool-aid anyone?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Here is a video with Rosie's own comments on TV.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/vid...l_and_her.html

In the video, you will hear Rosie's "sweet voice" yapping about her hatred for the US and her love for terrorist nations like Iran.

Here is some more:

Comedian Rosie O'Donnell crossed line with anti-American rants

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

With Investors Business Daily crowning Rosie O'Donnell with the nickname "Tokyo Rosie" for bad-mouthing America, critical mass has been reached for the acerbic comedian. She has crossed the entertainment Rubicon into the dark land of bitter performers who have allowed personal demons to become their public messengers.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070410/COLUMNISTS31/704100302 (broken link)
When did "bad mouthing" or questioning ones government become anti-American. Actually that would make her pro-American. She doesn't hate America. She bought into the 9/11 conspiracy, which quite frankly I doubt this administration could've pulled off a stunt like that due to their ineptitude. She simply hates this administration and hates BUSH!!

She'll calm down in 09'.

You sound like O'reilly & Co. blaming everything on "The far left media, the anti-American hollywood actors, blah blah blah...."

This is the most divisive administration EVER!, and you guys are eating it all up.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
When did "bad mouthing" or questioning ones government become anti-American. Actually that would make her pro-American. She doesn't hate America. She bought into the 9/11 conspiracy, which quite frankly I doubt this administration could've pulled off a stunt like that due to their ineptitude. She simply hates this administration and hates BUSH!!

She'll calm down in 09'.

You sound like O'reilly & Co. blaming everything on "The far left media, the anti-American hollywood actors, blah blah blah...."

This is the most divisive administration EVER!, and you guys are eating it all up.
I am NOT even a Bush supporter!! I cannot stand Bush's illegal alien amnesty policy amoung other things. So, I am not eating anything up.

I just cannot accept and sit idly by when people making anti-American and anti-Christian rants over nothing but sheer hatred. Rosie is a self-destructive, hateful woman who attacks everything and everyone she disagrees with, makes false statements that she reads on left-wing blogs and dreams of during her rage fits.

Why does Rosie attacks Christianity if she is only a "Bush hater"?? Any reason?

Why does she attack the 15 British sailors who were unlawfully detained by a TERRORIST COUNTRY of Iran??

Did Rosie never hear that Iran said it will NUke Israel? Did Rosie not hear that Iran will provide Nuclear weapons to all other Islamic nations, including Syria??

I though Liberals did not wnat Nukes being proliferated all over the world. Maybe I am wrong... it seems like Rosie and other liberals WANT a rogue nation like Iran to get NUkes.... That is mind boggling.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times
All I hear is rhetoric coming from Nirvana-Guy. Rogue nation? Of course Iran is a rogue nation by your standards. They aren't bowing to the wishes of the U.S. and they're getting help from the evil Chinese and Russians.

Iran-lover? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? I have at least some understanding of why Iran is the way it is. You don't care. They're simply an obstacle in your view of the world. You don't care how the women are treated. You only post articles as a way to demonstrate your imagined superiority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies