U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM

20,419 posts, read 26,544,024 times

Advertisements

Jill, MF isn't a troll. I think you'd enjoy Margaret and Helen's blog; here's the link to their main page:

About Margaret and Helen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM

13,723 posts, read 25,295,786 times
I, on the other hand, am a troll. I live under the Bridge to Nowhere.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM

7,308 posts, read 6,903,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

What is your problem? People create posts all the time with just links in them.
And if all your friends were jumping off of bridges. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward

You can "suspect" anything you want to "suspect." I told you what "the point" of the thread was. If you don't have anything to respond to, then don't respond!
You didn't tell anyone what the point of this thread was until 5 posts later, and only after having to be asked. And I asked politely, if there was any current relevancy to this thread. Perhaps I missed something, who could tell, you didn't say anything in your OP. And in response, you snottily ask if I have a problem with you posting something humorous. How in the hell am I supposed to know that was the point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Jill, MF isn't a troll. I think you'd enjoy Margaret and Helen's blog; here's the link to their main page:

About Margaret and Helen
I'm sure I probably would enjoy them. But there has been a spate of threads lately that don't appear to be posted with the intent to discuss anything, but just to rile people up. Had the OP bothered to say something like, "OMG, I just found these ladies -- they're hilarious, you have to read them!", that would be one thing. Without that, it just looks like another lame attempt to bash Sarah Palin with what is now stale, old news. The lipsticked pig gives us enough fodder that we don't have to go digging through the archives just to tick off the other side.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM

13,723 posts, read 25,295,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
And if all your friends were jumping off of bridges. . .
...to Nowhere? olol

Old 08-10-2009, 10:40 PM

7,352 posts, read 8,991,144 times
Quote:
And if all your friends were jumping off of bridges. . . You didn't tell anyone what the point of this thread was until 5 posts later, and only after having to be asked. And I asked politely, if there was any current relevancy to this thread. Perhaps I missed something, who could tell, you didn't say anything in your OP. And in response, you snottily ask if I have a problem with you posting something humorous. How in the hell am I supposed to know that was the point? I'm sure I probably would enjoy them. But there has been a spate of threads lately that don't appear to be posted with the intent to discuss anything, but just to rile people up. Had the OP bothered to say something like, "OMG, I just found these ladies -- they're hilarious, you have to read them!", that would be one thing. Without that, it just looks like another lame attempt to bash Sarah Palin with what is now stale, old news. The lipsticked pig gives us enough fodder that we don't have to go digging through the archives just to tick off the other side.
Again, what is your problem? Are you being forced to read or respond to a thread? Have you been elected Forum Police? Is your understanding of a thread necessary to its viability? It's very simple: If you don't like a thread, don't respond to it. But this obsessive insistence on disciplining another poster based on what you, in particular, assess to be a viable thread is just a tad bizarre.

Good lord.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:44 PM

7,308 posts, read 6,903,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Again, what is your problem? Are you being forced to read or respond to a thread? Have you been elected Forum Police? Is your understanding of a thread necessary to its viability? It's very simple: If you don't like a thread, don't respond to it. But this obsessive insistence on disciplining another poster based on what you, in particular, assess to be a viable thread is just a tad bizarre.

Good lord.
Might I ask what your problem is? I opened your thread, saw the link, followed it, and couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be responding to, so I asked. If you don't want people to understand what you're posting, that's up to you. But I'd think you'd prefer to be understood than ignored. The fact that you seem to want to turn this into a fight tells me what I need to know.

Good night.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:47 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,060,346 times
Okay kids, you're both good kids, but step away from the keyboard.
Have a cup of tea and relax.

This is a timeout.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:49 PM

7,352 posts, read 8,991,144 times
Quote:
Might I ask what your problem is? I opened your thread, saw the link, followed it, and couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be responding to, so I asked. If you don't want people to understand what you're posting, that's up to you. But I'd think you'd prefer to be understood than ignored. The fact that you seem to want to turn this into a fight tells me what I need to know.

Good night.
Yes, you asked. And I responded. And you kept going . . .

Which tells me what I need to know.

Good night.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 AM

1,870 posts, read 1,530,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

About Margaret and Helen
I am having a good time reading their blog. So thank you for bringing this here.

MovingForward I am pleased with this thread. I learned something new.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,009,919 times
Quote:

Good night.
NO, MF did NOT turn this into a fight . YOU attacked him because YOU don't understand, YOU couldn't figure it out...you expect HIM to do your thinking for you??? THAT'S weird.

. It was a funny post...and you could've just IGNORED it if it caused you so much DRAMATIC TRAUMA......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or