Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times

Advertisements

A follow up (from yesterday):
Lest we forget
"....: where are the screaming hoards that descended upon Terri Schiavo’s deathbed in Florida back in March of 2005? Wasn’t Nataline’s life just as important?..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, you're wrong. I don't like insurance companies and I like government even less. But let's not confuse needed health care reform with government run public option. No one needs a public option to reform health care insurance. Anyways, here's the real story.

"The Sarkisyans filed an appeal with the California Department of
Insurance, which sent a letter this week saying it needed more information."

Where have they been while this girl was dying? They sent a letter this week. I don't send anything through the snail mail if I can avoid it. That's not because it cost 44 cents, but because it's too slow, too unreliable and too stupid. Exactly what I would expect the retarded government's bloated, unaccountable bureaucracy to do. And what help arrived in this letter? Sorry, we need more information. Does that inspire you in some way? Don't you get it? These are the same people who work at the DMV. Why would you trust them any more than an insurance company? The people who work at insurance companies have at least average intelligence.

Look how ineffective the government watch dog organization was at holding this insurance company accountable, "need more information". Meanwhile the girl is dying. How effective do you think the controls on a government run system will be? Ever heard of OFHEO?

Public option has been debunked by CBO. It cannot do what those who so desperately want control of our health care say it will. There is absolutely no rational reason what so ever for it other than as a shell game with which to justify all sorts of new taxes that may, or may not, actually be applied to health care.

"Well, I for one hope that the Dems are successful, despite the recent attempts by insurance companies and Big Pharma and their respective astroturf campaigns to disrupt the passage of healthcare reform legislation that this country truly, desperately needs."

Attempts by insurance companies? Big Pharma?

Look who's already onboard. AARP sells health insurance products. The pharmaceutical industry has agreed to run a $150,000,000,000 ad campaign in support of public option. The backroom deals have already been made. Can you just imagine the deals that have been made that we don't know about?

Finally, I have to take the whole story with a grain of salt since an ambulance chaser is putting the spin on everything. It may well be that this insurance company is evil incorporated, but I can't rely on a lawyer already in the process of suing the insurance company for unbiased and objective information. There may be more to the story than we are aware.
"" No one needs a public option to reform health care insurance. ""

Yes, the insurance companies will some day come to see the errors of their ways and reform themselves.....LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, but the neocon/repubs don't want a penny of THEIR money going for other Americans health care!!!!!
They just want their God, The Uber-Wealthy , to take their money....I just can't figure that one out??????
We could counter with......those in favor of the proposed plans don't care about saddling the next generations with the bill for their health care as long as they get it themselves
They want to save their current pennies and use a 'credit card' they won't have to pay off.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
We could counter with......those in favor of the proposed plans don't care about saddling the next generations with the bill for their health care as long as they get it themselves
They want to save their current pennies and use a 'credit card' they won't have to pay off.
I could counter with :

The repubs didn't mind saddling the next generations with the cost of the war in Iraq so they could "feel" safe.

The repubs want the For-Profit-Not-Health Insurance companies to have record profits with their money rather than use it for health care for ALL Americans.
Healthy citizens who don't go broke when they get an illness or are in an accident make a stronger country..... repubs don't want a stronger country with a good economy

Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
BTW, you countered but offered no explanation....

Old 08-11-2009, 12:12 PM

221 posts, read 219,263 times
Quote:
You seem to think that not having some kind of a uhc implemented here will stop the debt to out grandchildren. All that not having a uhc will mean is that there won't be as many grandchildren to pass any debt onto as many potential parents will die through no health cover.
Our grandchildren will have huge debt passed down to them with or without a uhc. Please don't think stopping a uhc will stop America's debt, quite the reverse will probably happen due to more sick days off work for millions from no health cover and the development of illnesses such as unchecked Diabetes, high blood pressure etc.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:21 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
I could counter with :

The repubs didn't mind saddling the next generations with the cost of the war in Iraq so they could "feel" safe.

The repubs want the For-Profit-Not-Health Insurance companies to have record profits with their money rather than use it for health care for ALL Americans.
Healthy citizens who don't go broke when they get an illness or are in an accident make a stronger country..... repubs don't want a stronger country with a good economy
Statements like this just aren't worthy of a response.
All Republicans, Democrats , Libertarians ,Independents and unregistereds are not in favor of everything that takes place during any one presidents term.

Nor is there any sense in responding to an emotionally speculative post as this
"All that not having a uhc will mean is that there won't be as many grandchildren to pass any debt onto as many potential parents will die through no health cover.
"

Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
How you can even ATTEMPT to defend the insurance company and blame the Govt over this is mind boggling. Obviously no matter what evidence you see or hear you are anti Govt and therefore your comments are not formed by facts but just from anti Govt feelings.

Well, first of all the the information presented is second hand and comes from a source that is far from objective. Everyone knows that the left has lost the argument on the merits. So now we get the horror stories and the vilification of the insurance companies. When that doesn't work, you vilify me.

Newsmax.com - Democrats&#39 Healthcare Strategy: Attack Insurance Industry to Push &#39Public Option&#39 (http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/insurance_health_obama/2009/07/30/242165.html - broken link)

Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Statements like this just aren't worthy of a response.
All Republicans, Democrats , Libertarians ,Independents and unregistereds are not in favor of everything that takes place during any one presidents term.

Nor is there any sense in responding to an emotionally speculative post as this
"All that not having a uhc will mean is that there won't be as many grandchildren to pass any debt onto as many potential parents will die through no health cover.
"
I KNEW you wouldn't have an answer.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
I could counter with :

Repubs conveniently forget or ignore everything that has happened before this year. Its a strange symptom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies