Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Here are the eight points in Obama's health plan.
Would love to know who objects to any of these plans and why?
  • Reduce long-term growth of health care costs for businesses and government.
  • Protect families from bankruptcy or debt because of health care costs.
  • Guarantee choice of doctors and health plans.
  • Invest in prevention and wellness.
  • Improve patient safety and quality care.
  • Assure affordable, quality health coverage for all Americans.
  • Maintain coverage when you change or lose your job.
  • End barriers to coverage for people with pre-existing medical conditions.
Which of these do you know for sure will come to pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 07:04 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Which of these do you know for sure will come to pass?
None if the anti-Obama idiots have their way.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Have to love you and leave you folks as i am diabetic and going for my annual full eye scan. Costing me absolutely nothing for the eye test, the wicked Govt. is paying for it.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
so geero, you save all that money by not being the US but the country is still in dire financial condition.
So...how is it UHC countries are making up their deficits, did you say?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
None if the anti-Obama idiots have their way.
Yes keep insulting free thinking people who do not want more corrupt government control in their lives.
That tactic has worked wonders so far

Last edited by allydriver; 08-11-2009 at 07:52 AM..

Old 08-11-2009, 07:12 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Have to love you and leave you folks as i am diabetic and going for my annual full eye scan. Costing me absolutely nothing for the eye test, the wicked Govt. is paying for it.
Who/what is the gov't geero?
Taxpayers?
Is the "gov't" paying for it or charging it to the next generation of taxpayers?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:18 AM

485 posts, read 1,454,994 times
Quote:
NO UHC Doctors refuse to see ANY patients. Private insurance companies refuse to see anyone who is not under their plan.
As many on the left have pointed out, Medicare is the closest thing we have to UHC in this country. Many doctors do in fact refuse to see Medicare patients. Since it has been pointed out that UHC is not being proposed AT THIS TIME, many seniors rightly believe that the government plan being proposed will further limit their access to doctor. When I lost one of my doctors due to turning 65 and being forced to give up my private insurance and go on Medicare, I was only able to find a new doctor by convincing the new doctor's receptionist that I really was VERY healthy and would not take a great deal of the doctor's time.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Default "No you can't ! No you can't ! No you can't !"

Quote:
it is now all about defeating Obama
Sadly, for you and your ilk, this is true.

Conservatives had to listen to your hateful hateful ignorance for 8 plus years, and they have learned from you and are now subjecting you to the same treatment.

How do you like it?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Here are the eight points in Obama's health plan.
Would love to know who objects to any of these plans and why?
  • Reduce long-term growth of health care costs for businesses and government.-It has been proven here many times that this plane will NOT reduce costs.
  • Protect families from bankruptcy or debt because of health care costs.- This could be done right now with a 1 page bill and not having to have the government involved in healthcare.
  • Guarantee choice of doctors and health plans. - This is just incorrect or should I say missing information. Yes you can choose the plan you want so long as it meets the GOVERNMENT standards and is part of the HIE, which is run by the Government.
  • Invest in prevention and wellness. "Invest" what do you mean invest?
  • Improve patient safety and quality care. -Again can be done right now with a one page bill and NOT involving the Government.
  • Assure affordable, quality health coverage for all Americans.-Not at the cost of choice and bureaucracy.
  • Maintain coverage when you change or lose your job.- This is WRONG. If I have say Cigna and Cigna does is NOT part of the HIE then I will NOT be able to chose them.
  • End barriers to coverage for people with pre-existing medical conditions.- Again can be done right now with a one page bill and without Government involvement.
Sorry but you are leaving out a lot of information and not realizing that many of the things you mention can be done by passing simple laws, there is no need for the Government to get involved in the distribution of health care.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
With all your tiresome shilling on this forum it's quite obvious that you stand personally gain from any implementation of Obamacare.

.[/quote]

I think we all personally gain with the implementation of a public option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies