Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times

Advertisements

Duplicate thread. And as I said in the other thread:
SEC. 440. HOME VISITATION PROGRAMS FOR FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN AND FAMILIES EXPECTING CHILDREN.

`(a) Purpose- The purpose of this section is to improve the well-being, health, and development of children by enabling the establishment and expansion of high quality programs providing voluntary home visitation for families with young children and families expecting children.
THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:12 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
I love how people selectively take out words to make their point and go nuts, when the truth is much more rational. If people need to lie in order to stop something they don't like it disrespects everyone involved. Read the real section 440 and don't believe the ones who want to lie their way into what they want. If they want people to tell the truth they should do the same.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Democrats have missed their last chance at ramming their Socialized Health Care scheme through before people could find out what's in it. Now, as more and more time goes by, people are reading the bills, and coming up with startling (and sometimes scary) discoveries.

Do you suppose the Founding Fathers intended the Federal government to direct families how to raise their children? They certainly didn't put any authority into the Constitution, for the govt to do that.

So why is it in this bill?

(That last question can be asked about nearly every part of the bill, of course.)

--------------------------------------------

Chuck Norris : Dirty Secret No. 1 in Obamacare - Townhall.com

Dirty Secret No. 1 in Obamacare

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
by Chuck Norris

Health care reforms are turning into health care revolts. Americans are turning up the heat on congressmen in town hall meetings across the U.S.

While watching these political hot August nights, I decided to research the reasons so many are opposed to Obamacare to separate the facts from the fantasy. What I discovered is that there are indeed dirty little secrets buried deep within the 1,000-plus page health care bill.

Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare is about the government's coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development.
It's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.

The bill says that the government agents, "well-trained and competent staff," would "provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains ... modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices," and "skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development."

Are you kidding me?! With whose parental principles and values? Their own? Certain experts'? From what field and theory of childhood development? As if there are one-size-fits-all parenting techniques! Do we really believe they would contextualize and personalize every form of parenting in their education, or would they merely universally indoctrinate with their own?

(Full text of this article can be read at the above URL)
Yeah, see this is where I have a REAL problem with attacks on the health plans - outright (or in this case nearly outright) lies. The blurb by Chuck Norris strongly implies that "government agents" are going to force their way into your home and forcably tell you how to raise your kids. That's a bunch of @#% BS!
As oscottscotto mentioned, NO WHERE does it say that this training in mandatory - and yet the blurb above makes it sound that way. There is nothing wrong with having criticisms of the plans (that's what SHOULD be happening - working out flaws in advance will make any plan better) - but when the criticisms are simply UNTRUE that is just plain DISHONEST and shows that the person making the claim is untrustworthy and (quite bluntly) a LIAR who does not have the public's best interests at heart - but rather simply a political agenda he/she is following and that accuracy, honesty and integrity plays absolutely NO PART in their actions. How can ANYONE trust someone who thinks that way?????

This is the kind of BS that just burns my b*tt!

If folks have a criticism of the plan it should be a valid criticism - not a bunch of stupid BS simply meant to energize those too stupid, lazy or ignorant to question what they say.

This is an important issue and the American people deserve to know the TRUTH - not a bunch of made-up lies.

There may indeed be lots of problems with these plans - but the BS mentioned above is NOT one of them.

Ken

Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Democrats have missed their last chance at ramming their Socialized Health Care scheme through before people could find out what's in it. Now, as more and more time goes by, people are reading the bills, and coming up with startling (and sometimes scary) discoveries.

Do you suppose the Founding Fathers intended the Federal government to direct families how to raise their children? They certainly didn't put any authority into the Constitution, for the govt to do that.

So why is it in this bill?

(That last question can be asked about nearly every part of the bill, of course.)

--------------------------------------------

Chuck Norris : Dirty Secret No. 1 in Obamacare - Townhall.com

<snipped due to copyright concerns and brevity issues>

Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare is about the government's coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development.
It's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.
This really made me laugh. I worked in a pilot program for this type of service, oh, 30 years ago. Maybe our research caught someone's attention. The purpose was to reduce the incidence of child abuse. Now there seem to be some on this board who probably think reducing child abuse is a bad idea, but the program worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Do you mean like hussein obama's mother?
I don't ususally read the stuff you post about 'hussein', but this is a low blow. She was married and almost 19 when he was born.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
What do you think of this?

When raising my children one thing I always wanted to have was representitives of the federal government trapping about the inside of my home making notes on how my kids lived.

This plan is dead. Pelosi and her communist buddies can shove it.
I think it's the usual fearmongering, taking the usual advantage of the same demographic that's too scared or whatever to think for themselves. Yawn.

Do you just blindly believe what you read, as long as it's from....Chuck Norris?

The dirty little secret in Chuck Norris ()'s diatribe is that this about money to states for standard home visitation.

When the fed govt gives money to states they expect and measure for certain success outcomes. Hence the detailed description of what needs to be accomplished in a typical program that includes home visitation.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:19 AM

529 posts, read 1,300,637 times
This one has been debunked already.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The right wing believes the government taking tax money to pay for someone else's health care is a theft but when a monopolistic drug company overcharges for a necessary medicine it the the proper way of things. In fact the latter is a theft and the formed a social duty.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The politboro will train because, more than anything, this piece of garbage is a 100% full employment bill for every left wing lunatic with a BA in sociology.

The bill says that the government agents, "well-trained and competent staff," would "provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains ... modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices," and "skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development."

This is a function of the federal government? Are you crazy?
The ONLY game in town hiring is the government. Says alot

Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Where in the bill does it say that this is MANDATORY? It doesnt, it is a service you can receive by CHOICE.

Good job, try again.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
This one has been debunked already.
So this passage is not in the bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies