Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:22 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well again,that is nice to know you think the peoples rights are to be restricted by the mere presence of Royalty.
Plenty of people were arrested and removed from Bush events for wearing t-shirts. I don't remember your concern back then.

I think you're being dishonest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Plenty of people were arrested and removed from Bush events for wearing t-shirts. I don't remember your concern back then.

REALLY?

I believe you will find the Dems also had 'free speech zones' and don't seem to believe too much in the 1st amendment....

I think your criticism being leveled at only one side of the(same) coin is dishonest.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM

18,355 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The rally wasn't about the 2nd amendment ... the guy is an idiot and Chris Matthews pointed that out very well ... Matthews wasn't PWND ... it's the other way around.
The Second Amendment protects all the other rights.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:26 AM

18,355 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

Not true, Oz was pretty critical of that stuff when it was Bush doing it, on other boards he and I are on.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:53 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Maybe Texas is different, but I feel pretty confident is saying that if you are walking around any NH or VT town or city with a handgun open on your belt you want some attention.

And the (perhaps)dozens of folks around you carrying concealed aren't thinking "Boy their goes a guy protecting his Constitutional rights" they are thinking "Boy, there goes a complete attention hound,."

I know enough CCL guys to be pretty confident in that opinion, but it's just that, my opinion. I'm happy to agree to disagree.
I know plenty of folks in NH and other states who open carry for the same reason I carry concealed - for personal protection. If I want attention I'll dye my hair blue or put multiple piercings in my face.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:18 AM

820 posts, read 1,202,479 times
I'm no fan of "Open Carry Movement " --because of the combination of rigid zeal and attention hound syndrome that so many ( but not all) open carry fans display.
That said -- it is a sign of progress that law enforcement authorities did not over-react to the mere presence of a relatively puny mechanical device. The many cars and trucks in the area of the meeting had much more potential for horrific destruction than any 9mm handgun -- and those vehicles recieved no media attention at all.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Well think about this,while we are not Iran,I wonder what the stories would have been coming out of Iran when they protested the election,if the everyday Iranian would have had a right to carry/own a weapon and the goon squads loyal to the Islamic establishment attacked them.

We over here look at someone with a weapon in public as suspicious yet when we see the news reports out of a place like Iran the reason behind the 2nd amendment becomes clear.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Really? People still watch Chris Matthews with his sorry sportscaster-wanna-be-voice faking intelligence over politics? No one watches PMSNBC. No wonder.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Chris Mathews gets pwned by gun toting patriot

I thought that was a good discussion. Kostric came across as reasonable and well-spoken, if not mainstream. Matthews kept trying to trap him, but didn't.

I don't see how anyone could say that Matthews was pwned, though.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The Second Amendment protects all the other rights.
And??? What does a townhall on healthcare have to do with carrying a gun??? Seriously ... he made a fool of himself and his entire ilk. As much as I hate typing this, one this the Cheney regime had down pat was STAY ON MESSAGE ... it's not so much like that anymore. You have people toting bibles to these meetings, the birthers ... what a bunch of maroooons.

YouTube - What A Maroon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies