Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I understand but it seems unnecessarily provocative to the secret service agents. Their job is tough enough without having to figure out if one of the folks with a gun is John Hinkley.
I actually think it would make their job easier. Think about it this guy is letting everyone know he has a firearm on his person. He has nothing to hide. The really danger is the guy with 6 firerams in his gym bag or underneath his shirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:47 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Chris Matthews is horrible. It's fitting that he's found a home on MSNBC. It helps to have all the idiots on one channel - makes it easier to avoid the non-sense.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I actually think it would make their job easier. Think about it this guy is letting everyone know he has a firearm on his person. He has nothing to hide. The really danger is the guy with 6 firerams in his gym bag or underneath his shirt.
I am not sure. Suppose 50 people had weapons it would be harder to identify a threat. If people were prohibited from carrying a weapon around the President it would be much easier to identify the threat.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
shorebaby might be from German stock. They crave authoritarian rule as history shows.
Nope Irish crave whiskey, preferably single malt.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewfromthepeak View Post
not very convincing at playing the role i'm afraid as well as other true conservatives on this thread will attest to.

Might qualify as a rino like mccain or bush, but not too much a conservative, sorry.
lol ok.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:53 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
I am not sure. Suppose 50 people had weapons it would be harder to identify a threat. If people were prohibited from carrying a weapon around the President it would be much easier to identify the threat.
Why does the presence of the POTUS mean the people lose their Constitutional rights?

If the POTUS is so frightened of the people perhaps he should stay hidden behind his walled compound.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:54 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times
Quote:
Prohibition only means those who wouldn't use a firearm except in defense from carrying and any quack who would be a threat still would. Hell one of those 50 people might be the one who would save the president.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why does the presence of the POTUS mean the people lose their Constitutional rights?

If the POTUS is so frightened of the people perhaps he should stay hidden behind his walled compound.
Hey I am pro second amendment. I am also reasonable. I think it would be OK to keep your gun away from an area where the president would be for a couple of hours. It really isn't the same as putting the constitution through a shredder or a slippery slope.

Let me ask you this do you go on commercial airlines? Do you keep your gun with you? No. So maybe it is OK sometimes to put your gun away.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Nope Irish crave whiskey, preferably single malt.
Impossible. The Irish believe in freedom.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Impossible. The Irish believe in freedom.
I'm pretty sure I'm Irish and I certainly believe in freedom and I know I like whiskey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies