Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Actually, even though I thoroughly disagreed with him, when president Bush was the target of malicious insults I most certainly DID defend him. Apology accepted.
You know that saying - Trust but verify?

No apology until you corroborate this statement with proof.

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Off topic people. Stay on topic, is it that hard?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 AM

700 posts, read 638,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You know that saying - Trust but verify?

No apology until you corroborate this statement with proof.

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
How do you propose I prove verbal conversations I had 2-5 years ago? Sorry but I don't have a habit of taping my daily interactions with people. However, I will say that I disapprove of anyone disrespecting either the current (Obama) or former (W. Bush,etc...) president of the United States. That's the best I can give you.

Now prove to me you never insisted that someone not disrespect president Bush as you earlier stated.

Now on topic:

Isn't it to be expected that a THM hosted by the white house would contain Obama campaign donors? What proof is there that this little girl was "planted" by anyone, much less the WH? Again, we have a conspiracy theory based on extraordinarily weak theories. If I were to show that a RW town hall protestor donated to a republican, would it be considered proof that he was receiving instructions and orders by the GOP?

Last edited by 5trillion; 08-12-2009 at 09:45 AM..

Old 08-12-2009, 09:38 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Now prove to me you never insisted that someone not disrespect president Bush as you earlier stated.
Fortunately, I have an actual record to back up my statement - right here on CD. If you're so inclined, you can find it yourself.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I'm waiting for Obama to take to Letterman or The Daily Show in a last ditch effort to stop this from collapsing. Obama's been outplayed at every turn by old folks, angry rednecks, soccer moms and just plain working stiffs. You know foreign leaders will see him as easy pickings from now on.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:58 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I am speechless with anger.

I don't have to ask "what do they think we are" because I have the answer. They don't think we're much.

I see a huge republican victory in 2010 but only if they run some conservatives.
You didn't understand my post, but that is ok.
The paranoid fantasy of this thread is what is so amusing.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Obama in Town Hall meetings means....FAKE, FAKE, FAKE....everything is made so he never has to deal with a real question since he doens't know the answer....just to avoid another "stupidly"!

What else was there to expect from a man with no experience other than having some one else write a book about him!

Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm waiting for Obama to take to Letterman or The Daily Show in a last ditch effort to stop this from collapsing. Obama's been outplayed at every turn by old folks, angry rednecks, soccer moms and just plain working stiffs. You know foreign leaders will see him as easy pickings from now on.
Oh, I'm sure. Just like Bush was easy pickings.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post

I think his best option would be to go on O'Reilly. Not Limbaugh or Hannity or Beck, they are too far out there. But I think O'Reilly would push him just not too hard and would ask good questions. That would at least help his ratings as far as repubs go. Now all that would only be good if he had good, direct answers for the questions.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Both "sides" have "plants". You are stupid if you don't think so.
sanrene and her pal viewfromthepeak think only democrats and liberal-democrats have them only
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies