Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Her constitutents came to MEET her - in person - face to face. If one of her constitutents called - they could leave a number, and their Representative would / should call them back. It is called courtesy.

Her phone should have been turned off - or on silent or vibrate. My staff and family know that I do not answer phone calls while I am in meetings. The people who came to see me are the most important persons of the moment and will be treated with respect and courtesy. If, and it is a big IF, there IS an emergency that would require my attention, my staff and family know to text message me with 911.

I have to presume you were not schooled in courtesy as a child based on your comments here.

Too bad.
And I can see you weren't schooled in consistency. Scream all you want. The fact remains; you wrote "HER constituents are HER BOSSES - She works for the PEOPLE." If the caller was a constituent, she works for her as well. The caller is her boss. The caller deserves to be heard. Your opinion of what's rude is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 01:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Everybody I have the transcripts from her recorded phone call.

ATT:......

"Hey Girl,

These crazy bleep Republican's asking questions about tyranny and some madness.

For real?

Yes, now they become patriotic when their candidates lose. Hey I talk to you later.

Bye Girl!"

I had to cut thorough the red tape but I wanted to make sure my CD family reads the true comments.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
And I can see you weren't schooled in consistency. Scream all you want. The fact remains; you wrote "HER constituents are HER BOSSES - She works for the PEOPLE." If the caller was a constituent, she works for her as well. The caller is her boss. The caller deserves to be heard. Your opinion of what's rude is irrelevant.
First off - you are mischarcterizing my post - and this is a common thing for you to do with those you disagree with -

I'm not "screaming" whatsoever. Why must you ... "lie" as you do?

Common courtesy, something you obviously never were taught says, you do not answer a phone call - talk on the phone, when you are in a meeting - unless it is agreed to beforehand that phone calls will be taken.

Now, assuming there was no previous agreement to such, as I, and others here, have said, she was being rude.

End of story.

Have a GreatDay

Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Everybody I have the transcripts from her recorded phone call.

ATT:......

"Hey Girl,

These crazy bleep Republican's asking questions about tyranny and some madness.

For real?

Yes, now they become patriotic when their candidates lose. Hey I talk to you later.

Bye Girl!"

I had to cut thorough the red tape but I wanted to make sure my CD family reads the true comments.
Thank you for this.

If this is the case, my assertion that she was being very rude is only bolstered that much more.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:37 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:

Thank you for this.

If this is the case, my assertion that she was being very rude is only bolstered that much more.
Please tell me you weren't really so gullible as to believe that was a real transcript.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:08 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Thank you for this.

It was a fake!!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
It was a fake!!
I know.

As was my response

Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Maybe she was taking a call from a potential new employer. She's got to have something lined up after she leaves office after this term.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:13 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
She was being fed answers as to what to say in a reply. Not enough teleprompters to go around?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
"Hello Sheila, it's your constituents calling."

"Shelia Jackson, a real ding-a-ling."

"Hello Sheila, can you hear me now?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies