Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,804,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I'd love for this group to show up at a Town Hall meeting. It would make for good entertainment if nothing else.

And what's the point of posting this anyway?

At any rate, these town halls have taken on a life of their own. I'm in search of genuine answers about proposed health care reform, and a town hall would be the LAST place I'd go to get them. I'd probably get a concussion or a slit to the throat first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 PM

700 posts, read 635,965 times
Quote:
Taking any sign from either side with the intention of causing problems is trouble waiting to happen.

She had the sign to cause problems and you know it.

Why on earth would you take that sign to a town hall debate anyway.

Stop trying to protect the woman, she was a trouble maker from the start there helen st james.
You are one highly partisan human being. Sheesh! How is bringing a rolled up picture of Rosa Parks to an event starting trouble? Seriously! By your way of thinking, I'd have the right to rip the disruptive nazi flags and various posters your rw heros bring to town hall meetings from their hands and destroy them, right? Sorry but I don't think in those terms. That is private property and something only law enforcement has the right to address if posters were banned.

Keep arguing as I know you will but there is absolutely no way to justify this.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,264,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I'd love for this group to show up at a Town Hall meeting. It would make for good entertainment if nothing else.

And what's the point of posting this anyway?

At any rate, these town halls have taken on a life of their own. I'm in search of genuine answers about proposed health care reform, and a town hall would be the LAST place I'd go to get them. I'd probably get a concussion or a slit to the throat first.
I know, team Obama groupies get very upset when you show them they are wrong and you really have to watch them because that group would slice your throat at any given moment.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
YAZ

7,700 posts, read 14,032,520 times
I'm not goin' to sift through this whole thread.....but.....

......where's Rosa Parks and where's the sign?

What the heck was that all about?

I'll just assume it was a Packers fan stealing the sign from a Lions fan.

Go Lions@!.....

Woot!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,894,535 times
Quote:
Taking any sign from either side with the intention of causing problems is trouble waiting to happen.

She had the sign to cause problems and you know it.

Why on earth would you take that sign to a town hall debate anyway.

Stop trying to protect the woman, she was a trouble maker from the start there helen st james.
I can't believe Rosa Parks would offend so many people. Damn.

But hey, bringing in signs with the Nazi symbol and Obama as Hitler is okay!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,978,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Are we surprised that the fringe at townhalls is racist??

Shouldn't be.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
1) You know it was a "white teabagger" how?
2) You know it was a "Rosa Parks" poster how?
3) You know if posters were allowed to the debate how?

While we're making crude assumptions, i'll assume mush for brains is your strong suit.

I was thinking the same things.

The OP purposely tossed in white into the headline not knowing if they were white, half and half, green or yellow.

How does the OP know that this lady did not rub this poster into this persons face before this moment?

I did not see any other race baiting posters in the video like the one she was carrying.

Wonder if she was a plant from the left wing school of racism.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Are we surprised that the fringe at townhalls is racist??

Shouldn't be.

Yes, the lady should not even be at the debate wanting to cause trouble and baiting people like she was.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,582,977 times
Quote:
Yes, the lady should not even be at the debate wanting to cause trouble and baiting people like she was.
Ah, just interested in trolling, I see.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:42 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,894,535 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same things.

The OP purposely tossed in white into the headline not knowing if they were white, half and half, green or yellow.

How does the OP know that this lady did not rub this poster into this persons face before this moment?

I did not see any other race baiting posters in the video like the one she was carrying.

Wonder if she was a plant from the left wing school of racism.
Um, you can clearly see the poster was white. The lady didn't rub it into anyone's face. She held it up, but was warned to put it down and she did. Rolled it up and put it in the seat in front of her. When the photographer wanted to see it, some random ass white dude went up and ripped it for the glory. I don't see how a poster of Rosa Parks is race baiting. You seem to have a big problem with that, but no problem with the Nazi posters that are at these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies