Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:45 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think the real issue is those of you who hated President Bush, are some how fine with President Obama caring on the same polices and worse.

I see people sticking up for what they hated in President Bush, this just doesn't make sense.
Even if McCain had won, I would have excepted him to make a CHANGE for the people, not CHANGE America.

We seem to have gone off on I like him (Obama), so it doesn't matter what he does, those that voted for President Obama, need to hold him responsible for the CHANGES that he makes. Not bury your head in the sand and act like this is all just okay to CHANGE America into a country we will not even know.
And your proof that we who see Bush43 for what he really was somehow "supporting" the "same policies" that bamers has "carrried over", ignoring for the moment the simple fact that it takes time to dismantle this crap?

Also ignoring for the moment I didn't VOTE for BHO?

I see this from people to the right of my fence quite often, yet they fail to provide one iota of proof to substantiate their statements.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 AM

749 posts, read 946,756 times

Old 08-31-2009, 12:19 PM

125 posts, read 212,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What your NOT SEEING is this is a Democrat view, a liberal view, and Republican view of an independent voter. Not just one party ripping your agenda!!! You are being called out by all sides.

I didn't need you to confirm a win..............it was already obvious!!!!
I agree, it is not a political party thing, it is the government after the people!!
Thomas Jefferson said, words to the effect, "People afraid of their government equals tryanny whereas government being afraid of people equals freedom!
I am a firm believer that every state should take care of their respective state and the federal government should be this little entity that is pulled out when needed and put back.
I, for one, am sick and tired of Big Brother!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmud123 View Post
I agree, it is not a political party thing, it is the government after the people!!
Thomas Jefferson said, words to the effect, "People afraid of their government equals tryanny whereas government being afraid of people equals freedom!
I am a firm believer that every state should take care of their respective state and the federal government should be this little entity that is pulled out when needed and put back.
I, for one, am sick and tired of Big Brother!
"Big Brother" IS the States and We the People in Congress.

If you don't like what the Federal Level is doing, do what rational thinking people do. Write your Congressman and other representatives and vote your concious, not your party.

Gathering in "feel good" pseudo-grass roots movements orchestrated by media wh*res merely looking for ratings isn't the way to change our g'ment's policies.

Threaten the very jobs of those we Elect into OUR Employment. They are HIRED by We the People every election cycle.

The Citizenry of this Naiton have all but forgoten this basic fact, which has only assisted and enabled those currently in g'ment to consider themselves above the law and above reproach by their Employers, us, in effect creating a false sence of tenure once they get hired into Congress.

Until such time as the mentality of the average US citizen being the Employer of any and all of our Elected Employees, at all levels of g'ment, is re-established, radical change will NOT happen and the status quo will be maintained by those we have chose to make our laws..

Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
You know (at least I hope you do!) that the Japanese, Jews and Native Americans rarely bring this up. They certainly do NOT use it every chance they get (and then some) like African Americans do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why should they have to, they got something for their past suffering

Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, this is quite possibly one of the more ignorant posts I've seen on this forum. Congratulations! I don't even know where to begin w/how utterly stupid of a post this is.
In turn, don't know where to begin on your innumerable stupid posts. The job is endless, in your case............

Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why should they have to, they got something for their past suffering
And you haven't? Hahahaha! Ever heard of affirmative action? Jobs when there were far better candidates. Schools admittance (including Obama) when other students were far more qualified. Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.