Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I was reading an article today that Obama is recieving about 30 or so death threats daily since taking office, a 400% increase compared to the last president. Why do I get a feeling a large percentage of these threats are racial? May God protect President Obama & his family from all of these unhinged whackos coming out of the woodwork.
Well according to posters here (the same ones who claim he is not really black) we should not be surprised since he is the first black president of the U.S. How silly of us not to have thought of this, and how preposterous of us to find the sheer volume of death threats obscene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:23 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
You are walking along the cusp here. I wouldn't be surprised if you would advocate such a horrendous act.

I am sure we have all seen more death wishes from the left wingers. In fact they love death, starting with abortion.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:32 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,648 times
Quote:
At the entrance to the college, one man stood with a small, handwritten cardboard sign that read, “Death To Obama.”

TheHill.com - Sen. Cardin hears an earful on healthcare
The key words are "one man"

Most people oppose healthcare reform, but only a few idiots wish death on the president

Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
The key words are "one man"

Most people oppose healthcare reform, but only a few idiots wish death on the president
You are incorrect.
Quote:
A clear majority of Americans -- 72 percent -- support a government-sponsored health care plan to compete with private insurers, a new CBS News/New York Times poll finds.
Poll: Most Back Public Health Care Option - CBS News
And that poll is specifically about the public option.

Where's your link that most oppose reform?
Last I heard it was 70-80% approved of reform.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
At the entrance to the college, one man stood with a small, handwritten cardboard sign that read, “Death To Obama.”

Doesn't suprise me. The conservatives are praying for his death.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:

Hey liberal, this man is a Patriot exercising his God-given right to free speech. And anyway, abortion.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
"The senator noted that health costs increased by 78 percent between 2001 and 2008, and that last year $2.4 trillion was spent without covering 47 million Americans, including 760,000 Marylanders — raising costs on those who have insurance."

Old 08-13-2009, 06:47 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I guess Obama's healthcare is officially failed if things have gotten desperate enough to have to fall back to this. Trying to create civil unrest is unamerican. The left accuses the right of doing it but they're more guilty than anybody.
Keep it up, they'll only get a few nitwits to believe them and for every one they do they'll get ten citizens to turn against them.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:58 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,667 times
Honestly, I don't pray for much of anything unless I'm in church on Sundays, but last night, I found myself honestly praying to keep Obama safe from these nutbags.

And while yes, the left and many of the right hated Bush, it was rare (if at all) to see people spewing such venom and hatred. The left just isn't as violent as the right, sorry it's a fact. We have no interest in offing people who disagree with us. We will call you names, but wishing death on someone is very "unChristian like" and "un-leftist".

Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
The sign should have read: I hope that the healthcare bill passes, Obama ages very quickly and needs a life saving procedure, goes in front of his death panel..and sees "thumbs down"..better??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies