U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:30 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,674,708 times

Advertisements

How's all that hope and change working out for you....

Foreclosures rise 7 percent in July from June - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Foreclosures-rise-7-percent-apf-1977849903.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset= &ccode - broken link)=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 06:31 AM

9,043 posts, read 11,327,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
How's all that hope and change working out for you....

Foreclosures rise 7 percent in July from June - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Foreclosures-rise-7-percent-apf-1977849903.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset= &ccode - broken link)=
Bush's fault
Obama inherited this mess
Give it time to work
Stop being racist
GOP is blocking everything
People still like him

Did I cover all the bases?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,535,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Bush's fault
Give it time to work
Stop being racist
People still like him

I see you're learning how the world actually works, View! Congratulations.

I worry that the dodos in charge of Congress are holding the money back so the benefits coincide better with their re-election campaigns.

Pretty disgusting if they are. I just don't get why that stimulus money is being withheld. Very frustrating. The whole point is to just give people work until the market recovers and to rebuild infrastructure and such.

At least the economy looks to be on its way up.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:39 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,866,355 times
White House officials estimate that the stimulus program pumped about $100 billion into the economy through June. That was only a small share of the total projected spending, and much of the first wave came in the form of tax cuts, tax rebates and higher spending on safety-net programs like unemployment benefits and health care.

Private analysts say they think it added at least 1 percentage point to economic growth in the second quarter. That was not enough to prevent the economy from shrinking and joblessness from rising, but the pace of the decline slowed substantially compared with the first quarter.
But direct government spending on infrastructure projects and other programs that create jobs immediately is only beginning to get under way. Much of the money so far has gone to people in the form of tax cuts and tax rebates, and consumers have tended to save that money rather than spend it.

Though it makes sense for people to increase their savings during times of heightened insecurity — especially for people who have lost large amounts of wealth as a result of falling home prices and falling stock prices — the heightened saving reduced the immediate impact of the tax cuts on economic growth.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/07/bu...7stimulus.html

Old 08-13-2009, 06:41 AM

Bush's fault
Quote:
Give it time to work
Stop being racist
People still like him

1. Bush fault...to a point your right...but Obama is making it worse...

2. Calling me a racist without knowing me is just complete stupidity...but then again i shouldn't be surprised..

3. The GOP can't block anything...Democrats control both houses...

Old 08-13-2009, 06:42 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,866,355 times
Quote:
Bush's fault

2. Calling me a racist without knowing me is just complete stupidity...but then again i shouldn't be surprised..

um....

Old 08-13-2009, 06:43 AM

5,165 posts, read 5,170,630 times
Quote:
Bush's fault

the poster was being sarcastic.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:08 AM

19,556 posts, read 18,742,485 times
Foreclosures up...

Unemployment up...

Bankruptcies up...

at least some things are going up.

Of course retail sales are dropping too..

It is all good,think happy thoughts and praise Obama.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:12 AM

Jobless claims up, retail sales dip unexpectedly...
things are looking up...

Jobless claims up, retail sales dip unexpectedly - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Jobless-claims-up-retail-apf-1948834182.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset= &ccode - broken link)=

Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM

5,029 posts, read 5,406,519 times
I remember when people posting bad news about Iraq were accused of wanting the terrorists to win.

I guess that no longer applies to those always hyping bad news about our economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies