Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud70 View Post
And that is why we need to ration health care! We do not have the resources to meet the unlimited demand. We have to limit that demand or we can't help the people who should get the treatment.
Make sure the politicians reflect that in their speeches and we as a people will appreciate them for their honesty.

Or will they have to promise us the moon in order to get it passed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Heritage Foundation?
A less biased source next time....thanks and have a good day.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times

While "might" and "could" are a bit distance, other then the effect on my investments & retirement plan, can you tell me why you find a single-payer plan so scary.

I don't see it as much more then "a company provided insurance", using everybody as the resource pool, rather then just those in the company you work for.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
While "might" and "could" are a bit distance, other then the effect on my investments & retirement plan, can you tell me why you find a single-payer plan so scary.

I don't see it as much more then "a company provided insurance", using everybody as the pool, rather then just those in the company you work for.
The everybody will not agree to your terms.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 AM

34 posts, read 44,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Make sure the politicians reflect that in their speeches and we as a people will appreciate them for their honesty.

Or will they have to promise us the moon in order to get it passed?

I don't care what they promise, we all know we can't give everything to everyone. It's just a matter of making hard decisions and since we can't seem to make them for ourselves, we need the government option.

Or do you want to continue to spend all our resources on people who only have a few months to live anyway?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
And that is why we need to ration health care! We do not have the resources to meet the unlimited demand. We have to limit that demand or we can't help the people who should get the treatment.
Who decides that you do not get care?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
I didn't say they should go to jail if they make a mistake. They should go to jail if they when they allow people with diabetes to progress to the point that they need to have a leg amputated just so they can get a bigger fee.
Who is going to judge this? I'm all for executing by firing squad fraudsters like Enron execs. The crime has to be absolutely, 110% egregious, such as a doctor euthanizing a patient instead of dealing with them or harvesting organs.

Quote:
The greedy doctor thinks, who cares if that old lady has only one leg, she now qualifies for a scooter. I'll wave to her as I drive by on my Harley.
Again, I'm not against the punishment. The motive is difficult to establish for something like this, and creating too loose of terms would most definitely drive many more would-be doctors out and have them become lawyers or vets.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Who decides that you do not get care?
Our benevolent government leaders of course! If you don't like their decision, you can just elect them out of office next term.

Oh wait, I forgot. You're already dead because of their decision, so I guess the vote can't count unless an ACORN member votes under your name.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
More Uncle Toms

YouTube - Alicia Healy Columbus Town hall Health Care Response

Or do they refer to black women who submit to their masters as something else? Aunt Theresa?

Someone, quick...get an SEIU member to spit in her face or punch some sense into her.
By the way, this lady is running for Columbus city council, so make sure you go out and support her if you believe that single payer or public option is unConstitutional!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Our benevolent government leaders of course! If you don't like their decision, you can just elect them out of office next term.

Oh wait, I forgot. You're already dead because of their decision, so I guess the vote can't count unless an ACORN member votes under your name.
Actually it will be someone in accounting deciding such matters....just as with the NHS in the UK.

And it will be okay with supporters of such systems right up until it is THEM or THEIR loved ones getting shafted,THEN it will be a tragedy and an outrage.

I have come to the conclusion that the supporters of such systems simply want others to pay for them,it is based upon their own selfishness and has almost nothing to do with helping the less fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies