Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Wish Michael Vick Well
yes 52 43.70%
no 58 48.74%
other 7 5.88%
not sure 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times

Advertisements

i wondered if there was a team low enough to sign vick and i guess we know! i am ashamed of the eagles!

i am throwing out my jacket, and boycotting every game until he is fired or quits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Vick looking for second chance with Eagles - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Vick said. "Why did I risk so much at the pinnacle of my career?"

translation: why did I allow myself to get caught while I was earning millions of dollars a year in contract and endorsements and flush it all down the drain.

notice how he doesn't say he shouldn't have tortured and killed dogs just that it was a risk for his career.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:31 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
NOPE... he will never change... people that would do this as a full grown adult have just learned to "say" what is expected of them. He got caught and that is why he is singing a different tune... and his livelihood is threatened... I don't believe for one second that he has changed inside. I am hoping KARMA will work in his case....

forum rules, please read them

Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Lets also not foget that even after he was caught and while awaiting court, he failed his drug test.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
he's still a creep, if he hadn't been caught he'd still be electrocuting, hanging, drowning and slamming onto concrete these dogs.

he's only sorry he got caught.
I was going to write that he's "still" a creep but changed my mind. Since I wrote that earlier today, one of the cable news channels on TV interviewed the head of the Humane Society of the US, Wayne Pacelle who issued a press release (http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publications/press_releases/statement_of_wayne_pacelle_on_vick_contract_081409 .html - broken link) that is supportive of Vick's new focus on stopping dog fights and abuse of dogs.

The Humane Society is cutting some slack for Michael Vick now that he's served his time and is working on the right side of the issue. I recommend people read the press release....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I was going to write that he's "still" a creep but changed my mind. Since I wrote that earlier today, one of the cable news channels on TV interviewed the head of the Humane Society of the US, Wayne Pacelle who issued a press release (http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publications/press_releases/statement_of_wayne_pacelle_on_vick_contract_081409 .html - broken link) that is supportive of Vick's new focus on stopping dog fights and abuse of dogs.

The Humane Society is cutting some slack for Michael Vick now that he's served his time and is working on the right side of the issue. I recommend people read the press release....
The Humane Society is trying to keep Vick on public alert, and use him to promote action against dogfighting. They don't think for a moment that Michael Vick is not still a torturer at heart. They're not stupid.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:41 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

i am guessing that the humane society received a big check from mr. vick to defend him. this is another organization that got corrupted by the money.

it doesn't change the fact that michael vick is a creep. he didn't need the money, so he just must have been a sadist.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:41 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
I do not wish him well and I think he is disgusting.

A person who can do the horrible things he did to a living being is not right in the head. Adult serial killers have been proven to be the kind of people who abused and tortured animals in their early years. People like that do not have a conscience and are not going to be reformed by a couple of years in jail where they were likely treated pretty well. He's sorry because he got caught; He's sorry because he lost his money and job; He's sorry because he lost the pedestal he was put on. He is not sorry for electrocuting, strangling, hanging, slitting the throats of, or beating those dogs. Give me a break.

I'm all for second chances, but he needs intense therapy for years before he should ever be welcomed back as a reformed member of society.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:42 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Anyone watch the DOGTOWN show that took in some of his dogs?

Old 08-14-2009, 01:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
When we imprison men for the rights of animals we have our priorities skewed.
What part of this behavior do you not understand. People that abuse animals abuse children and women, a proven fact. Even tribesmen in the most remote jungles treat their animals, this sick excuse of a man is the absolute dregs or society, and the fact he can play football doesn't mean squat.

He will be arrested for animal or domestic violence within 3 - 5 years, guarantee it. Has the same attitude as OJ had, and will end up like OJ, rotting in a cell with other of societies rejects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies