Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
As was the sex offender when he/she committed their crime, and disgusting on top of it. Let the child-molesting, raping filth live under bridges. Its well deserved, and I cant believe you've sympathy for those (and I use this term loosely) people.
Believe it. I have sympathy for them too, more than I would if such a misfortune befell a bag of dirt like yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Believe it. I have sympathy for them too, more than I would if such a misfortune befell a bag of dirt like yourself.
You'd have sympathy for some sicko that preyed sexually upon children? Or that raped some poor woman in an alley somewhere? Are you nuts?
Let me guess...you're thinking
"Oh that poor man! Big bad society forced him to hang out at that playground and lure children into that van. Its not his fault he assaulted that little girl..if we put him in counseling he'll never do it again"
PUH-LEASE!
And you call ME a bag of dirt? HA! Unbelievable. Then again, dirt IS much purer than the scum your sympathies are directed at. I dont care what you or anyone else says, child molesters and rapists are the lowest life forms imaginable in my eyes.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's correct. I'm also talking about someone who gets branded a sex offender for peeing in public. It has happened, and it's completely unfair, in my opinion.
It is unfair, and in those cases the ruling should be changed, IMO.
THAT isnt my definition of a sex offender, and THAT isnt what PO'd me enough to respond.
Sex offender to me is a child-molesting, man/woman raping, playground haunting pervert.

Slight misunderstanding , and I apologize for my part in such. But I'd STILL sentence the above to living under a bridge and hope the pigeons pooped on them daily.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
And you call ME a bag of dirt? HA! Unbelievable. Then again, dirt IS much purer than the scum your sympathies are directed at. I dont care what you or anyone else says, child molesters and rapists are the lowest life forms imaginable in my eyes.
Well, that is why informed people such as myself (Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice) are influencing social policy while people like you are sputtering about 'evil' sex offenders while throwing things at your tv set.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
It is unfair, and in those cases the ruling should be changed, IMO.
THAT isnt my definition of a sex offender
Your definition of a sex offender means nothing. The state of Florida's definition is what counts.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Well, that is why informed people such as myself (Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice) are influencing social policy while people like you are sputtering about 'evil' sex offenders while throwing things at your tv set.
I dont believe there was any "sputtering" to my posts. A Bachelors degree huh? Wow. Gosh golly gee willikers...Im SOOO darn impressed. *sarcasm off* Let me guess, you've just graduated, right?
A Bachelors degree is like the new high school diploma. Big deal. Get over yourself. All it tells me is you've got a piece of paper, an "Im going to change the world"holier-than-thou attitude and likely a mountain of debt.

Have fun with that. Let me know, Oh Informed Person, if someone that's raped a child can truly change. I doubt it.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I dont believe there was any "sputtering" to my posts. A Bachelors degree huh? Wow. Gosh golly gee willikers...Im SOOO darn impressed. *sarcasm off* Let me guess, you've just graduated, right?
Nope.

Quote:
A Bachelors degree is like the new high school diploma. Big deal. Get over yourself. All it tells me is you've got a piece of paper, an "Im going to change the world"holier-than-thou attitude and likely a mountain of debt.
Sure beats a holier-than-thou attitude with no credentials whatever.

Quote:
Have fun with that. Let me know, Oh Informed Person, if someone that's raped a child can truly change. I doubt it.
That wasn't even close to the topic of conversation, as you can easily discern by scrolling up.

It's incredible to me though, that even a thoroughgoing cretin like yourself can't seem to figure out why a colony of criminally-oriented people living under bridges might be, well, a bad idea, everything else aside.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:02 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
I dont care what you or anyone else says, child molesters and rapists are the lowest life forms imaginable in my eyes.
I believe you, and unfortunately, I believe there are many others who share your mentality. What surprises me greatly is that there's more outrage about child molestation than about murderers. I know a lot of people hear "child molester" and assume that it was a violent act, but many times, it's not. Yes, it's wrong, but I see it as more of a foolish mistake than an act that deserves the level of condemnation that some have for it.

Judging by the opinions I see here whenever the topic comes up, a lot of people seem to believe that murderers should be treated better than child molesters. I think that's nuts.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Thank goodness there are people like you in the world. I mean it. Although I often see the mob mentality on this forum, I do take comfort in the fact that cooler heads are usually in charge of writing the laws, and that my opinions are more in line with them than with the angry mob.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
It's incredible to me though, that even a thoroughgoing cretin like yourself can't seem to figure out why a colony of criminally-oriented people living under bridges might be, well, a bad idea, everything else aside.
It tells me that they're unable to think rationally, and have poor control over their emotions. They're not the type of people I would vote for - that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies