Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So you are saying what the officer did was right? You believe that this is the way a Police Officer should be trained? I don't know if you are a Police Officer, and God I hope you are not, but I have family members who are Police Officers and this is not what they are trained to do.
So what are they trained to do when someone resists arrest? Tango with them? Tell them "ah, nevermind"? Wait for them to do what they were told to do all day? Wait for them to pull out a weapon and shoot/kill them?

If an officer, within his lawful authority, tells you to do something, you do it. If you don't feel like it, well too bad, deal with the inevitable consequences. If you want to defy a lawful order, as far as I'm concerned, you've earned yourself a 50,000 volt joyride and you'll get no sympathy from me.

Quote:
Well if the officer could not gain physical control over the woman, if needed, he is a panzy and should not even be a police officer, and if he needed some more support he should of called for more police officers. Maybe there would have been one among them with an IQ above moron.
He did gain physical control over her. That's what the taser was for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 04:16 PM

45 posts, read 87,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
idiot should have done what he said to do.
this country is descending into a fascist hellhole. Things like this don't even happen in china. scary.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:16 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,703,499 times
Quote:
Well if the officer could not gain physical control over the woman, if needed, he is a panzy and should not even be a police officer, and if he needed some more support he should of called for more police officers. Maybe there would have been one among them with an IQ above moron.

If this is what he was trained to do, then why did his own department take him off street duty? I don't think you know what you are talking about?
First of all, your sexism has no place in this conversation.

The simple fact is that if verbal directives do not subdue a suspect, they are within their authority to implement more persuasive measures.

I'm not defending his particular actions or the extent of them, but the overall premise of your accusations are unfounded in terms of the authority of officers in such situations.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:18 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,945,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
So what are they trained to do when someone resists arrest? Tango with them? Tell them "ah, nevermind"? Wait for them to do what they were told to do all day? Wait for them to pull out a weapon and shoot/kill them?

If an officer, within his lawful authority, tells you to do something, you do it. If you don't feel like it, well too bad, deal with the inevitable consequences. If you want to defy a lawful order, as far as I'm concerned, you've earned yourself a 50,000 volt joyride and you'll get no sympathy from me.
Did you read the article? Why was she under arrest? He told her to get back in the car and she did and then he told her to get out of the car to arrest her. Why was she being arrested? At best she went over the speed limit by 5 mph. That is not enough to be arrested. He got his panties in a wad because she questioned him...too bad. IF you can't deal with that then you should not be a police officer. You still did not answer my question, if he was doing what he was supposed to be doing why did they take him off of duty?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denison View Post
this country is descending into a fascist hellhole. Things like this don't even happen in china. scary.
True, in China they'll just break out the billy club and whip the ever-loving crap out of you, and like it. If you're lucky.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Did you read the article? Why was she under arrest? He told her to get back in the car and she did and then he told her to get out of the car to arrest her. Why was she being arrested? At best she went over the speed limit by 5 mph. That is not enough to be arrested. He got his panties in a wad because she questioned him...too bad. IF you can't deal with that then you should not be a police officer. You still did not answer my question, if he was doing what he was supposed to be doing why did they take him off of duty?
Did you listen to her own words? She admits that when he told her to get back in the car, she stood there asking questions instead. She admits that when he asked her to get out of the car, she pleaded with him "not to do this" instead of getting out of the car. You know what repeated refusal to obey a cop's orders earns you? A tune-up. She asked for it, she got it, case closed. As for why they took him off duty, it's standard procedure during an internal investigation to sooth all the indignant whiners and criers out there who seem to think we're entitled to disobey an officer's orders, after which he'll probably be put back on the force without any sanction.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
First of all, your sexism has no place in this conversation.

The simple fact is that if verbal directives do not subdue a suspect, they are within their authority to implement more persuasive measures.

I'm not defending his particular actions or the extent of them, but the overall premise of your accusations are unfounded in terms of the authority of officers in such situations.
Sexism, where did you get that. If you will read, I said "The woman" not a woman. If you look at the video, he is much larger than THE WOMAN he was in no danger and I would assume based on the relative size of both people that he could gain physical control. Stay on point please. This is not about sexism or racism don't try to make it so.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
True, in China they'll just break out the billy club and whip the ever-loving crap out of you, and like it. If you're lucky.
Which is soooo much different than the U.S.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Which is soooo much different than the U.S.
Go to China and argue with an officer some day, or pretty much anywhere else outside the western industrialized world for that matter. My guess is you'll get a real quick lesson in how different civilian-police interaction is.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Go to China and argue with an officer some day, or pretty much anywhere else outside the western industrialized world for that matter. My guess is you'll get a real quick lesson in how different civilian-police interaction is.
I have been outside of the country. You mean if you argue, they will tazer you, beat on you with night sticks, kick you when you are already subdued, shoot you in the back when you are already subdued, tazer you repeatedly when you are already subdued. Dude this is already happening in our own country. Where have you been. If I wanted to live in a dictatorship, I would move there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies