Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

This seems a bit too much to me. And she was pulled over for supposedly going 50 in a 45 and talking on a cell phone, though she was not charged with the later.

Mom in minivan tasered twice in Salina traffic stop; camera captures deputy's rough roadside arrest (VIDEO) - syracuse.com

Last edited by helenejen; 08-14-2009 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 04:54 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
I just saw the video. How terrible. What is with some of these officers? Does it make them feel like a big man to taze someone? We need to weed out these cops who are into the power trip of wearing a badge and praise the ones who are doing their jobs for the right reasons.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:56 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
This seems a bit too much to me. And she was pulled over for supposedly going 50 in a 45 and talking on a cell phone, though she was not charged with the later.

Mom in minivan tasered twice in Salina traffic stop; camera captures deputy's rough roadside arrest (VIDEO) - syracuse.com
She's a dumbass for not complying with the cop's orders, but it doesn't appear that she deserved to be tasered or yanked around like that. They're both idiots.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:06 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
idiot should have done what he said to do.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:24 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
She's a dumbass for not complying with the cop's orders, but it doesn't appear that she deserved to be tasered or yanked around like that. They're both idiots.
I agree. She should have been doing everything he asked of her.

It hardly looked like anything was happening that would warrant taser use though.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
It's long past time to outlaw tasers. They were supposed to be used in place of lethal force, but are now more often used for people who don't show sufficient deference.

Digby explains.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:59 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
It's long past time to outlaw tasers. They were supposed to be used in place of lethal force, but are now more often used for people who don't show sufficient deference.

Digby explains.
Outlawing them is not the answer, it will just force the mostly good cops to go back to mag-lites, clubs or their Glocks. Better training and enforcement of rules against misuse is the answer.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

I don't know why I keep having to say it BUT when the police tell you to do something, you have to do what the police say. It is not voluntary on your part. You do what the officer orders you to do. You don't fight, fuss, argue, run or refuse! Didn't these people ever play "Simon Says" when they were little kids?

Old 08-14-2009, 06:24 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Outlawing them is not the answer, it will just force the mostly good cops to go back to mag-lites, clubs or their Glocks. Better training and enforcement of rules against misuse is the answer.
I only gave half my reasons for outlawing - sorry about that.

Tasers are proving to be fatal in unpredictable ways. I think that alone is reason enough to ban them. But when added to the fact that they are being used as tools of submission, then it's open-and-shut in my book. Further - just look at the phenomenon of tasers on YouTube. Look at how people are watching them for "entertainment." It's disgusting.

Ban them.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I don't know why I keep having to say it BUT when the police tell you to do something, you have to do what the police say. It is not voluntary on your part. You do what the officer orders you to do. You don't fight, fuss, argue, run or refuse! Didn't these people ever play "Simon Says" when they were little kids?
It's obviously not the case in this situation, but if I was pulled over for some driving offense in a not so densely populated area and a police officer told me to get out of my car, I would absolutely not comply.

I'd sit in my car and call 911. It certainly isn't unheard of for a woman to be pulled over by a man impersonating a police officer. Rapes and murders have occurred from such situations.

Spotting Police Impersonators - ABC News

Last edited by helenejen; 08-14-2009 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies