Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,555,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Where is the hypocrisy? I am very consistent, I believe every one should keep as much of THEIR money as possible. Those who have money in offshore accounts still probably are paying more money in taxes than 95% of Americans. Hell No! I have no Problem whatsoever with them trying to protect THEIR money! Where did you say was the Hypocrisy again?
You don't see the hypocrisy? For those who complained about people who have their money here & didn't pay up on their taxes.....yet this is ok. Wow, party of personal affect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Taxes that shouldn't exist in the first place you mean?
So people who do NOT pay their taxes should NOT be punished for it? Is that what you're saying? Yet remember the amount of uproar on this forum when those democrats who didn't pay their taxes were found out? Were you falling in line w/that uproar or were you on the other side, saying "hey, it's ok you didn't pay your taxes. Those taxes never should exist!" Yeah, right.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 AM

18,351 posts, read 26,471,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
So people who do NOT pay their taxes should NOT be punished for it? Is that what you're saying? Yet remember the amount of uproar on this forum when those democrats who didn't pay their taxes were found out? Were you falling in line w/that uproar or were you on the other side, saying "hey, it's ok you didn't pay your taxes. Those taxes never should exist!" Yeah, right.
I didn't have a problem per se with them not paying their taxes, but I had a big problem with the special treatment they got, and their hypocrisy since they're the ones who want to tax everyone so much.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 AM

9,887 posts, read 10,815,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Now that right there is the definition of Hypocrisy! If you are a Democrat, your whole world revolves around taking as much money from everyone else that you possibly can, yet you dont pay your own!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Now that right there is the definition of Hypocrisy! If you are a Democrat, your whole world revolves around taking as much money from everyone else that you possibly can, yet you dont pay your own!
LOL, actually I do pay my taxes, thanks!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 AM

9,887 posts, read 10,815,696 times
This could actually work against Obama, People will not just roll over and give away that much money to a wasteful corrupt government, they will do whatever necessary to keep THEIR money, which means investing and operating in other countries that actually welcome them and their money. Then Obama will have to squeeze alot more blood out of everyone else to make up for it.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,940,278 times
Quote:
This could actually work against Obama, People will not just roll over and give away that much money to a wasteful corrupt government, they will do whatever necessary to keep THEIR money, which means investing and operating in other countries that actually welcome them and their money. Then Obama will have to squeeze alot more blood out of everyone else to make up for it.
Where are they going to go...not to europe..the tax there is higher. Too bad so sad.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:07 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I'm glad the Administration is doing this.

"Hey b*tches with the tax-havens, you'd just paid for my "free" health care insurance"!! (in best Rick James voice--) I got free health care, Biaaytch!!....

All kidding aside, those that stand to profit in the U.S. should at least be grateful to share the burden among hard times within the system in which they derived the wealth from.
I would have to agree on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies