U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 11:32 PM

11,361 posts, read 8,078,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Glenn Beck is quite possibly the dumbest person in America.
Actually that title belongs to his followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 11:39 PM

44,929 posts, read 13,511,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Actually that title belongs to his followers.
We may be dumb but most of us aren't suffering from self-enforced ignorance.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 24,540,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If you refer to a man as a drama queen, that infers that you believe the person to be a gay man. Am I wrong?
You are wrong.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:43 AM

14,851 posts, read 18,033,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If you haven't seen Beck lately you don't have any idea what he is doing now. This one was very informative in that the first 10 minutes was about eugenics and its history. Many people would be surprised to learn that that theory started in the US of A in 1907. I know most think Hitler started it but that isn't the case. I have seen this one in its entirety three times now and will probably see it again tomorrow on Fox at sometime.

Let me sympathize with you about not being able to see videos because of dial up. I suffered for years with it and then convinced my wife that I could get satellite cheaper and did. When I found out that I could get AT&T even cheaper bundled with long distance and local service we started saving nearly $50 per month for all that. If you can get that service, don't hesitate. We get the internet and all the telephone things for less than we used to get phone only. Supposedly they are available all over the nation. Surely you aren't any deeper in the sticks than I am.
There is no broadband (fiber optic) service available where I live, or any place close. The only option available is satellite with an initial out of pocket of around $300 which is out of my budget range right now.

Maybe you're right about G.B. I will reserve final judgment until Monday when I can peek at the video at work.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-16-2009, 12:48 AM

44,929 posts, read 13,511,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
There is no broadband (fiber optic) service available where I live, or any place close. The only option available is satellite with an initial out of pocket of around $300 which is out of my budget range right now.

Maybe you're right about G.B. I will reserve final judgment until Monday when I can peek at the video at work.

20yrsinBranson
I was afraid you were in the situation I was in for so many years. I am sorry about your problem. Watch that thing although many won't watch him because they are already biased against him. There is much to be learned there about eugenics, at least there was for me.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:00 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,428,431 times
As I've said in two other threads about this piece of garbage:

Ok, I watched it. And at this moment, I am literally shaking with anger. I have rarely seen such a filthy, hateful, vile piece of garbage in my life. That man is a damn liar. He has some utter gall to sit there and claim, over and over and over, how he's not saying eugenics is coming and how he'll be twisted and taken out of context. He can claim that until his a** explodes, and he still won't be any better than a feces-flinging sack.

He pretends out of one side of his mouth that he isn't saying something, then does a 10 minute segment on that very thing, filling it with fear-mongering and liberal-bashing out of the other side. [paraphrasing] "Oh, I'm not saying it's coming, but look what led up to it under Hitler, now listen to what Obama said in today's town hall and ask yourself. . . hmmmm".

I actually feel dirty having sat through that putrid piece of filthy propaganda. He may have used more words and vivid images to say it, but he just said the exact same thing Sarah Palin did, and even trumped her use of her disabled child by whipping out the crocodile tears and shamelessly using his own disabled daughter in a campaign to create fear amongst our nation. His daughter wasn't tortured, starved, gassed, experimented on and ultimately murdered. My people were.

What a nasty, disgusting, despicable piece of trash he is.

I watched him. I was told that was a good representation of the "truth" he speaks. What I saw was despicable. Utterly bereft of any morality. Vile. Filthy. Disgusting. Hateful. Offensive. PROPAGANDA.

They seeing, see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. Matthew 13:13

Old 08-16-2009, 01:07 AM

8,030 posts, read 4,408,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
As I've said in two other threads about this piece of garbage:

Ok, I watched it. And at this moment, I am literally shaking with anger. I have rarely seen such a filthy, hateful, vile piece of garbage in my life. That man is a damn liar. He has some utter gall to sit there and claim, over and over and over, how he's not saying eugenics is coming and how he'll be twisted and taken out of context. He can claim that until his a** explodes, and he still won't be any better than a feces-flinging sack.

He pretends out of one side of his mouth that he isn't saying something, then does a 10 minute segment on that very thing, filling it with fear-mongering and liberal-bashing out of the other side. [paraphrasing] "Oh, I'm not saying it's coming, but look what led up to it under Hitler, now listen to what Obama said in today's town hall and ask yourself. . . hmmmm".

I actually feel dirty having sat through that putrid piece of filthy propaganda. He may have used more words and vivid images to say it, but he just said the exact same thing Sarah Palin did, and even trumped her use of her disabled child by whipping out the crocodile tears and shamelessly using his own disabled daughter in a campaign to create fear amongst our nation. His daughter wasn't tortured, starved, gassed, experimented on and ultimately murdered. My people were.

What a nasty, disgusting, despicable piece of trash he is.

I watched him. I was told that was a good representation of the "truth" he speaks. What I saw was despicable. Utterly bereft of any morality. Vile. Filthy. Disgusting. Hateful. Offensive. PROPAGANDA.

They seeing, see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. Matthew 13:13
Where Beck is very smart is in calling out what anyone who sees him for the crazy he is will say, before he even says whatever it is that he is going to say. "People are going to call this fear-mongering," for example. That way he has already built in a "I told you that people who disagree with me were going to say that." Yeah, and the reason that he knew that people were going to say that is because he knows what he is really doing--fear mongering and propagandizing.

And how about that part when he said something like, "Obama said we should be bold." And that's what Beck used to frame his whole eugenics discussion, as if eugenics is something that is about to be practiced in the United States because of the health care bill, and he is being bold by discussing it as a factual happening that looms right around the corner. And a happening implemented by the government no less!

We should be thankful that he wasn't born in Germany in early part of the last century. Who knows the increased depths of evil he would have helped to achieve with his propaganda skills. He's not in the same league here in 21st century America. But he's making as good a go of it as he can given the restrictions that U.S.-style democracy place upon him.

Last edited by helenejen; 08-16-2009 at 01:21 AM..

Old 08-16-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was afraid you were in the situation I was in for so many years. I am sorry about your problem. Watch that thing although many won't watch him because they are already biased against him. There is much to be learned there about eugenics, at least there was for me.
Ok, so I had my mom, the broadband queen, play the thing and I listened over the phone and she did a play-by-play narrative of what was going on while he was talking.

What is this thing he has against Germany? Why does he hate Germany so much? Is he Jewish? I bet he is.

Anyway.

You aren't going to like this comment one little bit, roysoldboy, but I have been strongly in favor or eugenics for a long time. Sorry. I'ts a good idea. It's a darn good idea.

Overpopulation is a very, very serious matter and unless we take steps to curb the problem NOW, everyone's future is in peril. Perhaps it is not the best solution, but it is certainly one, very viable solution.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-16-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Where Beck is very smart is in calling out what anyone who sees him for the crazy he is will say, before he even says whatever it is that he is going to say. "People are going to call this fear-mongering," for example. That way he has already built in a "I told you that people who disagree with me were going to say that." Yeah, and the reason that he knew that people were going to say that is because he knows what he is really doing--fear mongering and propagandizing.

That ploy was very popular for timeshare salesmen. Beat them to the objection and diffuse it. I bet Glenn spent some time on the closing line at one of the resorts in Florida. But I wonder what he is trying to sell us now? Don't you?

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-16-2009, 01:22 AM

8,030 posts, read 4,408,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That ploy was very popular for timeshare salesmen. Beat them to the objection and diffuse it. I bet Glenn spent some time on the closing line at one of the resorts in Florida. But I wonder what he is trying to sell us now? Don't you?
Whatever keeps the ratings up, I imagine. Crazy sells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies