Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:36 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
While I respect your father and his right to have his opinion - the FACT remains - that NOTHING was ILLEGAL about the individual bringing a firearm to the area .

Again - NOTHING WAS ILLEGAL.
Me thinks that you really do not understand the concept in its entirety, no one ever said that it was illegal it just does not make sense to carry a loaded firearm to a debate regarding health issues.

You can river dance in church and it is perfectly legal...but do you really need to do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I say it's stupid to go about unarmed. Especially with these union or acorn thugs going about.
So in otherwords, you feel that your personal safety is involved? Have these "union thugs" harmed anyone? If a shuffle breaks out do you plan on shooting anyone? If you do raise your weapon even in self defense you do realize that the SS will gun you down. My question is why take that chance? I know that it is your right to carry a gun but is it really worth the hassle.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,966,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So in otherwords, you feel that your personal safety is involved? Have these "union thugs" harmed anyone? If a shuffle breaks out do you plan on shooting anyone? If you do raise your weapon even in self defense you do realize that the SS will gun you down. My question is why take that chance? I know that it is your right to carry a gun but is it really worth the hassle.
Nah, it's no big deal. While I'm in the process of getting acquitted within a few months, they'll probably confiscate my handgun. I've got plenty more where they came from. Plus I get my 15 minutes of fame.

If the SS were to shoot someone in the middle of a scuffle not related to any sort of devious plot, it would be a HUGE problem for Obama in the polls. Instant 10-20 point drop. Bye bye to the few gun owners who supported Obama, as well as civil right liberals who held their noses in 2008 and pulled the Obama lever.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
Quote:
Let's let that be a secret between us and the Secret Service

Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
So in otherwords, you feel that your personal safety is involved? Have these "union thugs" harmed anyone?
Did those people armed outside protesting harm anyone?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,278,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Actually, I think it is you that is not understanding. I'm saying, while it may very well be legal, is it smart to do it? That is the question. And the answer to that question is a very resounding no. Anyone who believes weapons should be brought to a presidential event has more than a few screws loose.
Maybe we should just outlaw being stupid, everyone can take a test and rights will only be given to smart people.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,966,372 times
The only people I've noticed harming anyone (spitting on faces and pushing to the ground) were union thugs. Not one incident originated from a townhall protester. Yet the tin foil hat anti-gunners abound.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM

I notice that many of you are throwing the "freedom" word around, let me pose this thought to you all.....Some time ago slave owners had the right and the "Freedom" to own another human being. Don't you think that some freedoms should have some limitations or at least some logical restraints?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Did those people armed outside protesting harm anyone?
Please finish answering the full question

Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 PM

1,179 posts, read 974,960 times
Joe Scarborough called these guys idiots the other day. Said they make the majority of gun owners look bad and make the Secret Service's job more difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies