Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times

Advertisements

Only in Fulton County Georgia are judges this gawddamned DUMB! First the guy walks into a store and shoots the clerk 8 times killing him dead. In most places, this would get you locked up on death row. In Fulton County Georgia, you get to go home with an ankle bracelet. Which you can then cut off and go to try to kill a woman and a baby! How wonderful!

Video (http://www.wsbtv.com/video/20450748/index.html - broken link)

Atlanta boy arrested in store clerk shooting | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/hotjobs/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/02/13/arrest_store_clerk.html?cxntlid=inform_artr - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Only in Fulton County Georgia are judges this gawddamned DUMB! First the guy walks into a store and shoots the clerk 8 times killing him dead. In most places, this would get you locked up on death row. In Fulton County Georgia, you get to go home with an ankle bracelet. Which you can then cut off and go to try to kill a woman and a baby! How wonderful!

Video (http://www.wsbtv.com/video/20450748/index.html - broken link)

Atlanta boy arrested in store clerk shooting | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/hotjobs/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/02/13/arrest_store_clerk.html?cxntlid=inform_artr - broken link)
What are you complaining about, that is right up your alley. Don't liberals think jail is too harsh and they want to baby people like that?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Same thing happened in NM - it was a liberal judge that kept letting them go.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
What are you complaining about, that is right up your alley. Don't liberals think jail is too harsh and they want to baby people like that?
Not this one.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Not this one.

Standard liberal response: not in my backyard.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:11 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Standard liberal response: not in my backyard.
lol

Old 08-18-2009, 07:21 PM

30 posts, read 58,221 times
Gee... Black... go figure. It only is every single time I read these articles even though Black men are what 6% of the population?

I'm just waiting for the obligatory "this isn't a race thing" though this tiny minority of the population is responsible for over half the country's crime.

Too bad it's not PC to mention it or maybe something could be done. How many more Americans need to die for diversity and the 'we are all the same' line?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:21 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Where's the innocent-until-proven-guilty crowd? This person was not yet convicted of murder and therefore has to be treated as innocent by the courts. The intent of bond is not to keep people in jail but to guarantee that they show up for their trials. In this case, a judge figured a quarter million in bond and an ankle bracelet would assure the kid would appear for his trial. Judge was wrong.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasTR View Post
Gee... Black... go figure. It only is every single time I read these articles even though Black men are what 6% of the population?

I'm just waiting for the obligatory "this isn't a race thing" though this tiny minority of the population is responsible for over half the country's crime.

Too bad it's not PC to mention it or maybe something could be done. How many more Americans need to die for diversity and the 'we are all the same' line?
Actually black men between 14 and 25 are about 2.3% of the population. And they are responsible for a large amount of crime. I will not dispute that. But as a liberal it is important that we try to not stereotype- hard as it can be at times. Most of their victims are black too BTW. The guy that this guy killed was black. If he was white, I would venture he would still be in jail.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Sorry, some crimes I don't think deserve bail. Murder is one of those crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies