Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Confronting stupidity is like beating your head against a wall. These people won't be happy until Freedomworks destroys Medicare and Social Security
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
For all intents and purposes, he works for the people who actually voted him into office. More than likely, she is not one of the people who voted for him and therefore he has no reason to mince words with her.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Who does Franks work for ?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ummm...no.

Nazi Germany was a totalitarian dictatorship. No free press, no dissent. America under Bush was a democracy where people like you and I could protest rendition and other policies.

Methinks you are the one getting apples and oranges mixed up. Calling either Obama or Bush a Nazi is unacceptable and justified only by the most ignorant of both the left and right.
Edit:
I didn't say either was a Nazi.
I said the actions were "in the same general realm".

That may show a lack of creativity but I think it's 'allowed'.
I mean political leaders can, in fact, begin acting like Hitler...it's possible no?

Anyways:
Hooray Barney Franks!

Last edited by brubaker; 08-19-2009 at 09:04 AM..

Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
At a Barney Frank town hall meeting in Dartmouth, MA, a constituent asks, "Why are you supporting this Nazi policy?"

Frank responds: "On what planet do you spend most of your time?" He then calls her approach "vile, contemptible
nonsense." He closes by saying: "Trying to have a conversation with you would be like arguing with a dining room table."

Barney Frank Confronts Woman At Town Hall Comparing Obama To Hitler

omg, barney handled this rw nutbag head on.... She had the expression of a deer in headlights...
Nazi is the other N word...

People using the Nazi term in this 'debate' only show their clear failing at history.

What morons.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
My only regret is that I am not one of his constituents...because I would love to take on that useless sack of crap..its unfortunate that most of his constituents are mindless followers of lib-loons so chances are he will continue to embarrass all of us by being a member of Congress...

Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Nazi is the other N word...

People using the Nazi term in this 'debate' only show their clear failing at history.

What morons.
Unless you are GW Bush of course..then the loons can use Nazi all they want..zero credibility once more..

Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,137 times
How did we get here from there?

I think the bigger issue is not that she was calling him Hitler..but that they were yelling and trying to drown out a dialog...and Franks had the marbles to stand up to them.

Barney Frank goes toe to toe at health care town hall - CNN.com
Quote:
"At a lively two-hour meeting Tuesday night in Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Frank gave as good as he got in confronting opponents of overhauling the nation's health care system.

The crowded hall had both supporters and detractors, but the opposing side was much louder and more raucous, booing the Massachusetts Democrat from the moment he was introduced and shouting questions and challenges at him throughout.

"You want me to talk about it or do you want to yell?" he asked over and over when interrupted while trying to answer. Continued shouting brought a sterner rebuke.

"Disruption never helps your cause," he said more than once. "It just looks like you're afraid to have rational discussion."

Old 08-19-2009, 09:02 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Unless you are GW Bush of course..then the loons can use Nazi all they want..zero credibility once more..

Watch your mouth pal. I have NEVER used the term Nazi to describe anyone EVER not even GWB.
Must be the whole married to a Jew thing, and an A+ in history classes...hmmm...or maybe cuz I'm registered Independent.

Last edited by bellalunatic; 08-19-2009 at 10:15 AM..

Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Could you read more than just the last page of the thread?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 AM

874 posts, read 2,875,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The disinformation media have made Frank a lightning rod for right-wing whackos. He has to deal with such dross on a regular basis. It does no actual good for anyone to give them anything more than the brush-off.

One of the benefits of C-D. You get to raise some points here that would be inapprorpriate in a professional environment. In fact, scrupulous non-partisanship is a hallmark of my own professional environment. But it remains true that millions of undocumented immigrants are here and up early every day, working hard to make this country a better place for all of us. Republicans have been falling well short of that mark. They have been contributing nothing. If we are going to start deporting people, it's these Republicans who will need to go first.

As for opinions, everyone gets to have one. But if you can't support it, it's worthless.
First of all, I would like to thank you for discussing this and not personally attacking me which many people do in these political threads. I will not resort to personally attacking you either.

I will not argue with the fact that there are a number of undocumented immigrants that do work very hard in this country. I will also say that there are a number of those that work hard in gangs and committing crimes other than working for tax free money. I am not saying there are not a lot of illegal immigrants that probably should be citizens at this point but there are also a lot that should not be. How do we solve the problem? I will admit that I have no idea at this point but it is clear to me that shipping them all out or letting them all stay is not the answer.

At the same time I would not say that Republicans in general are not contributing anything to this country. I tend to lean more to the right on things but would never say that Democrats and anyone whom leans to the left does not contribute anything to this country. Although I do tend to lean to the right I do not blindly follow any politician and never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies