Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 01:57 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Go read the old thread instead of trying to hijack this one. After that, go spend some time upgrading your comprehension of tax policy...
Yeah, right... Fannie and Freddie triggering the financial/credit crisis (source: Bernanke) <----> tax policy. That works.

I responded to your own post in this thread, no hijack intended. If you didn't want to be called out on your lies, don't post them - especially when it's in conjunction with personally attacking another C-D member, which is against the TOS.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/10347729-post32.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/10349666-post101.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 01:58 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,841,719 times
Quote:
Yeah, an actual American is supposed to invest honest effort toward the goal of becoming a well-informed citizen capable of reaching rational and intelligent opinions, conclusions, and decisions regarding matters of public policy. Right-wingers such as this woman -- and you, among a variety of others here -- continually display incontrovertible evidence of having done no such thing at all. [58 words]
Wrong Sags. This woman was a part of the Lyndon LaRouche PAC. If you do not know the history of this group I'll inform you.
In 1979 Lyndon LaRouche formed a PAC called the National Democratic Policy Committee (NDPC). LaRouche has run for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States seven times, beginning in 1980.

This was the scene outside the Dartmouth Town Hall.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
All he really accomplished by responding the way he did was to give more ammunition to his opponents and possibly ruined his reputation with some who either supported him or were on the fence with how they feel about him.
I disagree. He got out a couple of great sound bites for the news programs, and liberals see him as a hero. He excites the Democratic base. It's a good thing for a party to have some irreverent personalities like Frank. Republicans have certainly had their share of characters. Tom "Twinkletoes" DeLay is one who comes to mind.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:59 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
WHAT evidence to the contrary? All you and your cohort have done is whine. The lot of you have failed to put up material or cogent comments, and when that's pointed out to you, you post more defensive whining. This, I suspect, is all that you have, in which case the other side is going to end up being superior by default...
Your entire defense is to say that someone else is whining? And this with a whining note in your posts?

You try really hard to come off as superior (at least in your own mind) and all you do is embarrass yourself. Anything pointed out to you is conservative whining in your opinion.

BTW, if you truly do have this important government position, how is it that you can spend all your time on this forum? Tax paying minds want to know.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I do not recall hearing Pelosi ever say something was "Nazi", save for in the case of those protesters who were actually carrying swastikas, (see my clarification in post 159) and I do not know which protesters you are referring to, but I stand by my statement in all cases.
No, just showing pictures and calling anyone who disagrees with her "un-american". That is symbolism that even a Obamatron should be able to follow.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Wrong Sags. This woman was a part of the Lyndon LaRouche PAC. If you do not know the history of this group I'll inform you.
In 1979 Lyndon LaRouche formed a PAC called the National Democratic Policy Committee (NDPC). LaRouche has run for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States seven times, beginning in 1980.

This was the scene outside the Dartmouth Town Hall.
Gosh TomDot, haven't you heard? LaRouchies are now right-wingers so that everything will fit neatly into sag-world.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Try that with YOUR dining room table sometime. Let us know how it goes. There is no point wasting the time or insulting the intelligence of other people in the room by indulging or even tolerating the programmed static of a potted plant.
Gee, I would if my dining room table was sentient. If you cannot see the difference between a person and a piece of furniture, it truly explains the attitude of your party.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:06 PM

87 posts, read 99,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
That was awesome!!! Finally a politician with some guts
Right! He has guts and likes them invaded by a big old boy.

Barney/Obammy, et al are like the Nazis. Minus the mass killings.

Crack open a history book, my friend.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:07 PM

87 posts, read 99,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I disagree. He got out a couple of great sound bites for the news programs, and liberals see him as a hero. He excites the Democratic base. It's a good thing for a party to have some irreverent personalities like Frank. Republicans have certainly had their share of characters. Tom "Twinkletoes" DeLay is one who comes to mind.
The hero of the left: Barney Frank.

That is rich.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:07 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
No, just showing pictures and calling anyone who disagrees with her "un-american".
Stop lying.

"Those who display swastikas" is not equivalent to "anyone who disagrees."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies