Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Just put an end to public option. Not bad for a former governor. Like it or not, she's the voice of mainsteam America.
She's not the voice of mainstream America. Mainstream America is far more moderate in their positions and opinions than she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Like it or not, she's the voice of mainsteam America.
Right, that's why even a lot of the Repubs thought she was nuts.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Just put an end to public option. Not bad for a former governor. Like it or not, she's the voice of mainsteam America.
LOL, sorry to disappoint but the vast majority believe is a fraud, the second you ask her tough questions or the going gets tough she is out of there. Her political career is history and she will not be leading anything but her sheep to buy her books.
Casper

Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Mainstream America!? I think not!

Maybe the voice of mouth-breathing America.....

Old 08-19-2009, 10:45 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Sarah needs to be re-exocrised.

Devil's putting crap in her brain.
She's a reptile...just feed her some flys and she'll quiet down.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
momonkey (once again) wrote;
Quote:
Didn't bother to read the link, yet you have some wisdom to share on the matter.
These "discussions" would go much smoother if you would take a few minutes each day to study English comprehension. I never said I had any "wisdom" to share on the "matter". I was writing about sanrene's steady adherence to, and rabid thread starting on anything and everything that comes out of the mouths of Drudge, Limbaugh, Hannity and Palin. Please don't make me elaborate more.

golfgod

Old 08-19-2009, 02:13 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
How much money have we spent in Iraq chasing foreign oil?

Just because Obama does it doesn't mean it is any more or less wrong then if Bush Jr. did it. If she spouts off hate in his direction and remained mysteriously silent on the other, seems a bit hypocritical.
The difference is that Bush was consistent. He wanted to extract oil wherever it was economically and environmentally feasible. So he wanted to drill off shore and in ANWR. Obama opposes exploiting our own energy resources but has no problem spending 2 billion tax payer dollars to help Brazil exploit their oil resources off their coast. Can you make sense of that? I can't.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The difference is that Bush was consistent. He wanted to extract oil wherever it was economically and environmentally feasible. So he wanted to drill off shore and in ANWR. Obama opposes exploiting our own energy resources but has no problem spending 2 billion tax payer dollars to help Brazil exploit their oil resources off their coast. Can you make sense of that? I can't.
He is loaning money to a company with an expectation that the loan will be paid back, promptly and with interest. He is building a relationship with a foreign country in a region of the world where US relations have suffered considerably over the lack decade. He is helping to develop a limited resource in a part of the world far removed from the primary sources of that commodity at a time when the region of that primary source is becoming increasingly unstable. He is putting off the exploitation of American sources which are more problematic in terms of extraction and which would have relatively lesser impact on world supply. Hmmm, I think you can make sense of it, as long as you think about it.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM

87 posts, read 99,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
My, my but you're obsessed with Palin!!!!
Gosh, now that is a witty retort!

Old 08-19-2009, 02:25 PM

87 posts, read 99,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Right, that's why even a lot of the Repubs thought she was nuts.
Lots of conservatives think she is the real deal.

Scares you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies