Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 12:06 PM

221 posts, read 379,663 times

Advertisements

People are required to possess a credit card now days
just to (say) rent a car or hotel room. A credit card
has to be pretty much a part of everyone's wallet. So
what can people do when the credit card companies are
becoming even more monstrous, even since the fix-laws were passed?

I am not vouching for this new company, named PartnersFirst, but I read about it and think that maybe its business model will find its way into good
credit card customer's lives. I'll bet as soon as this cc company's business model catches on, there will be a tsunami of balance transferring away
from the likes of Chase and Citi to this new company and also other yet-to-be-established similar companies. (As of yet, there are none.)

Why? The new business model (actually, a reinvented old philosophy) is
corporate "KINDNESS" and "RESPECT" toward their customers.
PartnersFirst is basing its business on no fees and steady rates (although a bit high around 16%) that won't change on a 45-days-notice whim.
The contracts are supposed to be a decent contract like in the old days.
The business model has been budding now for the last two years and will soon explode.

Unfortunately, people who are on the fence between being good
and bad cc customers and, of course, the risky will remain behind to pick up the slack at greedy Chase and Citi. The ditching flight away from the monsters will make life even more horrible for these trapped behind souls. The likes of Chase and Citi will just gobble like hogs over corn.

Getting a card with a kinder card company will become a status symbol because the company is totally careful at WHO they will allow to have a card. Only the cream of the crop customers can get one. These are people who've gone through extreme screening and won't present any risk to the card company.

I think the business model is an immensely profitable one, but it will severely divide the market into rich and poor-getting-poorer people. The poor-getting-poorer people will be an ever-growing majority number whose financial freedoms and financial possibilities will increasingly diminish.

To starve off the inevitable, our "fine and good" Congress needs to fix the fix-laws proper and take the 'serving platter' away from the likes of Citi and Chase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Enterprise takes cash, or debit card. I can use the debit card for pretty much everything else. I wont have a credit card, or any other form of usurous financial instrument ever again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies