Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What charities do you give to...just curious.
church (not necessarily a "charity" but they do good things with the money....lets see how many negative comments i get about giving to my church), houston childrens, texas dpsoa, and goodwill (lots of clothes and unused things from our house...not trashy stuff).

if i have to pay for other's insurance all of that will disappear as far as i am concerned. i will have garage sales instead of giving to goodwill. my church that feeds needy and gives school supplies and countless other things will not have that extra money from me.

do you approve?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:05 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
26.9% of Texans are uninsured

How is that even possible?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They must be counting the illegal aliens. Yes, they will be included on Obamacare.
NO, they won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Refrain from telling lies??? What a whopper!!!

How big did your nose just get Pinocchio? You guys don't get away with that little fantasy.

Close to 22% of that 46 million uninsured are illegal aliens...you think they're just going back home because Obama lies to us they aren't in the healthcare bill?

I don't trust anyone in this administration, they aren't telling the American public the truth. And you aren't either.

Importing the Uninsured by James R. Edwards Jr. on National Review Online
No, they're not going to go back home, but they're not going to be covered, either, at least as things stand now.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, they're not going to go back home, but they're not going to be covered, either, at least as things stand now.
Yes, they WILL be covered, because of a bill called S.9 - Stronger Economy, Stronger Borders Act of 2009.

This is Harry Reid's amnesty bill, link here - S.9: Stronger Economy, Stronger Borders Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Amnesty makes all those illegal aliens suddenly LEGAL. Get it?

Here is a brief summary of the bill...apologies to the moderator if it's too long.

Official Summary
1/6/2009--Introduced.
Stronger Economy, Stronger Borders Act of 2009 - Expresses the sense of Congress that Congress should enact, and the President should sign, legislation to strengthen the economy, recognize the heritage of the United States as a nation of immigrants, and amend the Immigration and Nationality Act by:
(1) providing more effective border and employment enforcement;
(2) preventing illegal immigration; and
(3) reforming and rationalizing avenues for legal immigration.

#3 is the tricky line...reforming and rationalizing, that breaks everything wide open. And check out the list of co-sponsors, a conservative's nightmare, every liberal knucklehead senator.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
And this bill will legalize everyone now in here illegally? And has it passed yet? I. . . . don't. . . . THINK. . . . so!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:43 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Refrain from telling lies??? What a whopper!!!

How big did your nose just get Pinocchio? You guys don't get away with that little fantasy.

Close to 22% of that 46 million uninsured are illegal aliens...you think they're just going back home because Obama lies to us they aren't in the healthcare bill?

I don't trust anyone in this administration, they aren't telling the American public the truth. And you aren't either.

Importing the Uninsured by James R. Edwards Jr. on National Review Online
Please show me where I've lied..Also, because "you don't trust" somebody doesn't make them liars. That's your personal paranoia. There's also no proof of you assertion that the number includes illegals who WONT be covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I have no idea what Texans think about Obama but have you ever thought that maybe it is because people are wondering how the governement can afford to have the entire population on a medical plan?
Obama can explain how the program will be paid for until he's blue in the face but those that just don't like him will not accept it. It's why people have worked so hard to delegitimize his election. It gives them cause however falsely contrived to not trust him. See above..

Old 08-19-2009, 07:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Uninsured: Highest Percentage in Texas, Lowest in Mass.

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Higher percentages of Texas, New Mexico, and Mississippi residents are without health insurance -- roughly one in four -- than is true for any other states in the U.S. In Massachusetts, where legislation requires all residents to carry health insurance coverage or face a tax penalty, 5.5% are without insurance -- the lowest percentage in the country."

Big Red Texas, home of George W. Bush.

Shocker I tells ya, shocker!!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Please show me where I've lied..Also, because "you don't trust" somebody doesn't make them liars. That's your personal paranoia. There's also no proof of you assertion that the number includes illegals who WONT be covered.

Obama can explain how the program will be paid for until he's blue in the face but those that just don't like him will not accept it. It's why people have worked so hard to delegitimize his election. It gives them cause however falsely contrived to not trust him. See above..

I have listend to him explain how we are suppose to pay for this and it is a whole lota double talk. He never says straight out. I am not a stupid woman and the last townhall he had in I forgot not the Colorado one but the one before that. I watched it and really was trying to understand how he is going to pay for it but I have no clue. Do you know? If you do can you please explain it to me in simple English. Many Thanks.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:14 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
As long as no one is seeking government assistance when they can't pay they can complain all they want about keeping it out of their health care.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
26.9% of Texans are uninsured

How is that even possible?
Large Hispanic population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies