U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 PM

3,019 posts, read 5,549,728 times

Advertisements

Jon Stewart Mocks CNN For New Segments 'Just Sayin,' 'Are You Kidding Me,' And 'What The' (VIDEO)

CNN is doing it all wrong. They trying to come down to peoples levels. They are supposed to be at a certain standard. They are supposed to be motivating people to be more and do more.

I remember years ago, if I walked into a pizzeria and if the TV was on CNN I got a feeling like I was at a quality establishment. Even if someone referenced it, Id be interested in what they had to say. Those days are over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 05:57 PM

24,479 posts, read 28,829,378 times
This reminded me of "Really?" with Seth and Amy on SNL!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 PM

29,640 posts, read 32,018,309 times
Parody become reality, and most people don't seem to notice.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:27 PM

3,553 posts, read 6,797,512 times
It's odd that Jon Stewart, and Comedy Central has become the one cable guy/network practicing "real journalism". I think it started with his "I won't be your a**-puppet" on "Crossfire" or whichever show it was, ramped up with Colbert's WH Correspondent's Dinner shaming of the "press corps" and gained its real legs during last year's election.

When CNN is getting beat by MSNBC (which isn't carried on the NewsCorp owned cable companies) you know something has gone wrong in Atlanta.

golfgod

Old 08-19-2009, 06:31 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,200,015 times
Is he just now figuring out what a joke the cable news giants are? Just sayin'.....

Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,911,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
It's odd that Jon Stewart, and Comedy Central has become the one cable guy/network practicing "real journalism". I think it started with his "I won't be your a**-puppet" on "Crossfire" or whichever show it was, ramped up with Colbert's WH Correspondent's Dinner shaming of the "press corps" and gained its real legs during last year's election.

When CNN is getting beat by MSNBC (which isn't carried on the NewsCorp owned cable companies) you know something has gone wrong in Atlanta.

golfgod

indeed!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,850,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Jon Stewart Mocks CNN For New Segments 'Just Sayin,' 'Are You Kidding Me,' And 'What The' (VIDEO)

CNN is doing it all wrong. They trying to come down to peoples levels. They are supposed to be at a certain standard. They are supposed to be motivating people to be more and do more.

I remember years ago, if I walked into a pizzeria and if the TV was on CNN I got a feeling like I was at a quality establishment. Even if someone referenced it, Id be interested in what they had to say. Those days are over.
Most of Cable TV has devolved in the past 10 years. Even channels that used to be intellectual like THE LEARNING CHANNEL and THE HISTORY CHANNEL have dumbed themselves down to a level that is just embarrassing.

CNN is a joke. Fox News is a joke. MSNBC is a joke.

The "Just Sayin'" thing has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen on television, and I saw the Kardashian's spinoff last night!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:56 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,850,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Is he just now figuring out what a joke the cable news giants are? Just sayin'.....
Um no. He's been at it for years.

CNN has just gotten that much worse.

Their use of morons on the street has completely eliminated all credibility they once had. I remember when it was actually a source of news. Now, if I want news, I need to go online or watch the Daily Show's recap, which is pretty pathetic considering that the Daily Show is a political satire show that lampoons the news.

Just like Cartoon Network has started showing live-action TV (umm, how is a live-action show on a CARTOON channel?), CNN has abandoned the "news" part of their title and are now just the Cable Network.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,092,180 times
I actually saw that episode. I love watching Stewart and Colbert. How screwed up are things when the most tolerable news sources are comedians/satirists?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,605,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I actually saw that episode. I love watching Stewart and Colbert. How screwed up are things when the most tolerable news sources are comedians/satirists?
It's all about ratings and ad revenue. Institutional Journalism is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies