Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:16 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama approval dips to new low in Florida « - Blogs from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 07:51 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
LOl I don't know if it's just my computer settings but when I clicked on the link the first thing I saw was
Quote:
WOW, I guess Republicans/conservative and right wings learned something from the Bush administration and that is not to even give a President a chance. If whatever they campaigned on doesn't work within the first 6 months in office they should be run out of office. Republicans had eight years to do whatever they wanted to do with the country. It was a total failure. Now after only 7 months in office and a new poll taken every 12 hours the media wants us to believe that the country hates President Obama. The President hasn't hardly had a chance to breathe let alone work the miracles Republicans/conservatives right wings expect. Give me a break, unfortunately we won't be forgetting President Bush as fast as they want us to.

It is such a shame that the people screaming the loudest about everything President Obama has done or is doing didn't do the same during the last eight years. Perhaps if the had, then our country wouldn't be in the shape it is in and President Obama would not have to make such difficult decisions.
Thanks for posting the link

Old 08-21-2009, 07:54 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOl I don't know if it's just my computer settings but when I clicked on the link the first thing I saw was
Thanks for posting the link
That is a comment that someone posted to the story

The actual story starts out like this

CNN) — President Obama's approval ratings are sinking in a key state that helped seal his White House victory, a new survey out Thursday suggests.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That is a comment that someone posted to the story

The actual story starts out like this

CNN) — President Obama's approval ratings are sinking in a key state that helped seal his White House victory, a new survey out Thursday suggests.
Well I'm not stupid; I know the difference between a story and a comment - the comment was just the first thing I saw. When I open the link it doesn't start at the top of the page so I have to scroll up to actually see the story.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:57 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
It is getting hard to find anyone who supports him anymore.

The few that are left will follow him to the end no matter what he does.

It took 6 months for people to finally realize what a fool Obama is.

And now, those same people who elected him do not like him and Obama is now calling them out for speaking their minds.

Obama needs to sit down, shut up and get out of the way so the PEOPLE can show him how they want things done.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Obama needs to sit down, shut up and get out of the way so the PEOPLE can show him how they want things done.
what people?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It is getting hard to find anyone who supports him anymore.

The few that are left will follow him to the end no matter what he does.

It took 6 months for people to finally realize what a fool Obama is.

And now, those same people who elected him do not like him and Obama is now calling them out for speaking their minds.

You do realize, Sunny Day, that you supported Bush for two terms - two of the most disastrous presidential terms in the history of our country. Your credibility is shot. Time for a new ideology for a while. Yours failed miserably.

I know you're salivating for Obama to fail so your myopic ideology can be proven to be the only correct one (simpleton thinking, btw), but the reality is that Obama had the balls to take on one of the most contentious political issues of all time: health care.

Of course his numbers are going to drop when all the lies are circulating about his motivations. They'll rise again once this legislation passes. Give the guy credit. Bush never had the backbone to fix a broken system that murders people for profit.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:59 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You do realize, Sunny Day, that you supported Bush for two terms - two of the most disastrous presidential terms in the history of our country. Your credibility is shot. Time for a new ideology for a while. Yours failed miserably.

I know you're salivating for Obama to fail so your myopic ideology can be proven to be the only correct one (simpleton thinking, btw), but the reality is that Obama had the balls to take on one of the most contentious political issues of all time: health care.

Of course his numbers are going to drop when all the lies are circulating about his motivations. They'll rise again once this legislation passes. Give the guy credit. Bush never had the backbone to fix a broken system that murders people for profit.
That is a very simlar tone to the rnuts who shout at the town hall meetings hmm.....

Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 AM

59 posts, read 52,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
what people?
We the people?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:03 AM

59 posts, read 52,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Your argument is very shallow. What lies pray tell? And as far as his poll numbers rising once the legislation passes... that is flawed logic. If his poll ratings are down because of this proposed health care plan, why would they rise if he pushes it down our throats? The absolute worst thing that can happen for the present administration and the Democrat controlled Congress is if they push this thing through. The backlash will be fast and furious. A lot of people will be looking for new jobs come 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies