Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a Christian, do you agree with the AZ pastor's sermon?
Yes 6 10.71%
No 47 83.93%
Somewhat.... 2 3.57%
I'm not sure... 0 0%
Other [in comments] 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is all Old Testament stuff. We don't live under the Old Testament. Jesus cancelled the LAW with GRACE when he gave us the New Testament.

Now you know why I didn't even bother to answer that silliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 09:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
No he didn't. Don't you read the bible. I've heard numerous times from Christian gurus that the old testament is just as important as the new testament.

Quote:
That is all Old Testament stuff. We don't live under the Old Testament. Jesus cancelled the LAW with GRACE when he gave us the New Testament.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
This is probably more properly in the religion section, but since we've wandered into this area:

Law

Christians do not normally follow dietary laws, such as those prohibiting pork, nor laws establishing specific Jewish holidays. Almost all Christians agree that many of the provisions of Jewish law do not apply to Christians.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:53 PM

39 posts, read 72,416 times
A word about faith and Christianity, faith only comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (the bible). God chooses whom he chooses. If he chooses not to open a person's spiritual eyes and ears, he, she, or I will "see through a glass darkly". It is understandable under these circumstances that true christianity seems like hypocracy to so many. The good thing is that at any point in our lives and under any circumstances, we might become chosen! Once that faith gets ignited it's a new day and a new life.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:51 PM

Actually I don't care what you say. Most Christians agree that God's law old or new is still God's law. So don't try to weasel out of this one. I believe Collosians is NT. It's some inappropriately violent stuff right there.

Collosians 3:5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Collosians 3:6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This is probably more properly in the religion section, but since we've wandered into this area:

Law

Christians do not normally follow dietary laws, such as those prohibiting pork, nor laws establishing specific Jewish holidays. Almost all Christians agree that many of the provisions of Jewish law do not apply to Christians.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:55 PM

No he did not. And if Jesus is saving everyone then why are homosexuals the only ones being exclusively ostracized and harassed? I don't get it? Please explain.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/ot.htm

Here is new testament advice that Jesus gave to straight people:

Matthew 5:32

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery

Here is a new testament passage that reverts back to the old testament and explicitly states to have no mercy:

Collosians 3:5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Collosians 3:6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience

Quote:

Last edited by artsyguy; 08-23-2009 at 12:21 AM..

Old 08-22-2009, 11:57 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,057 times
This should be in the religion forum... Seeing as how all anyone wants to do is debate scripture rather than apply it to real life.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:25 AM

You really cannot apply a lot of scripture to real life. In the bible the scripture says that you live for God not for people or yourself, everything is purely for God. I'm just telling you what most Christians believe. According to this website the OT does apply to Christians. http://www.answering-christianity.com/ot.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
This should be in the religion forum... Seeing as how all anyone wants to do is debate scripture rather than apply it to real life.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:13 AM
cj7

38 posts, read 325,543 times
Default Fyi

Part of his attitude... he appears to be aware of much. He believes he knows the who is responsible and that to me that explains him placing his hatred onto those he states he believes is responsible. Many of us know not enough.... I read that whole thread on the link you posted about this guy. It is a fact that Women and children in the good old USA and other countries are being treated and taken in exactly the way that man portrayed it, sorry to open your eyes to it, but its there, it happens, and because the oppression has not yet directly HIT your own families, at least that you are aware of anyway, consider yourselves better informed even though its hard to take. There are thieves and terrorists in the night. It was a GAY male who came after me first or and later threw out the...."I'm GAY!" when mine and my children's harassment started from the Internet.
Then sending me maps of routs of the path I drove my daughter to school on which I had told NO ONE. The map was very detailed from my front door step to the school, back to my door step. (not the bus route but the one I personally used to take my child to school.) Please view the following link if you really believe nothing is going on in this country, people are scared! Many are oppressed, others tricked into thinking its just a game.... for those who think its just a harmless harassment game and your part of it...... I've taken photos of the bruises and broken teeth, holes in the head each always 1/2 inch apart from each other exc... I've also got the thousands of dollars in credit card debt for dental repairs, car repairs, computer repairs, digital equipment repairs, and now my SS cards have been taken along with childrens shot cards. If you don't think this filth happens is happening to real people folks... you have been very deceived.
In-spite of all this, I don't believe a gay person male or female should be put to death for being gay just because one Gay/Lawyer/Scientist person hates women and children and makes gain of his filthiness and hatred towards them. Obviously this preacher guy is aware of someone who's gone through this mafia filth. I'm guessing his own family has been HIT. If ya can't catch em ya can't state it, so you just look stupid and angry... Mafia know this and its how they become more powerful.
I don't agree with obama health agenda due to the fact that many unexplained health problems in this country that ARE BANKRUPTING us happen to be coming directly from the united mofia. My opinion on this comes from observing myself and other silent suffers is that they bankrupt or cause hardship and mental distress at every turn to the people. After suffering these HITS over long periods of time you can get eventually force the people on welfare and keep them there but if left alone..they could have beat their debts.
How? consistent property and physical damage to the people of this once united states. Notice anything strange in relation to medicaid dropping dental for people?..... How about dropping Physical Therapy?.... hmmmm 2 of the main things these thugs do is rip and break out peoples teeth in the night and/or hit them in their cars.... oops... Direct link people.
If it wasn't such an infestation to the already oppressed people, then those 2 areas would not have become an EXTREEM burden and dropped. Upon taking my son to have a breathing study one one night, due to he'd stopped breathing one night for no apparent reason 3 times in a row. Point being, while hooking him up, my son made a couple what seemed to be un natural comments to the woman placing the leads on him. and then a couple other what appeared to be odd things happened as well and the woman was became agitated/frustrated and offended from his first statement, so throughout she kept stating, to him, "your a little robot.". Trying to deal with it the best way she could..."Yep, a little robot." x 5 throughout the night. (I was offended but understood) None of you will understand until its directly you & your children infected/affected and if your permitted to know your a victim. Terrorism is Control.
Through the past couple of years of harassment my God did not leave me alone even though Ive been angry and cant have the spirit at those times, I would open my scriptures and my Father in Heaven let me know one step at a time that its all been said before... it was always there... and I shouldn't take it personally because prophecy is being fulfilled, I just happened to be one of the unlucky ones HIT with it due to my filthy x. Its organization is one constructed by Lucifer himself and some Gay guy/Attorney/Scientist and anyone else who binds themselves to this. It is said that in the last days people would become lovers of themselves ..with out natural affection... There is a reason for that and there is nothing natural about it, I believe our God to be a just God and will take all things into consideration which is why he is so patient with humanity. He sees the cause and the truth into every matter. We usually only see the aftermath like what that preacher guy has come to. Many of you know what I'm talking about but the majority of you I presume know nothing or have been convinced its just a harmless game..... just a little harassment by a whole lot of what they call kin....harmless?
This truth of these matters are kept hidden due to little brains only using 3% + what ever else gets shot into it.. Just can't comprehend the technologies... right? BS. Inform the people damnit so they can protect themselves! In the state of California a person can not inject anything into another person without their consent. Michigan also has this law after all, many technologies are obtained there. My state has no law to protect its people from this. The good news iis that this entity/mafia/cod will be exposed for what it REALLY is openly, and eventually, but sadly I don't think that's going to happen until after the distorted division of this people. It is one lie, then another, then another and then damnit they got ya blackmailed... if you allow it. I still fight it without making a choice. But my family pays daily for it in harassment and terrorism. Sadly this filth is sewn, by druggies, X spouse haters and yes even Christians.
Revelation 12:17 "The dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which kept the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." 17:Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters: with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. she was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication's: upon forehead a name Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and the abominations of the earth. woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her I wondered with great admiration.. and angel said to me wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. THE BEAST THAT THOU SAWEST WAS, AND IS NOT: AND SHALL ASCEND OUT OF THE BOTTOMLESS PIT, AND GO INTO PERDITION: AND THEY THAT DWELL ON THE EARTH SHALL WONDER, WHOSE NAMES WERE NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, WHEN THEY BEHOLD THE BEAST THAT WAS, AND IS NOT, AND YET IS. AND HERE IS THE MIND WHICH HATH WISDOM. THE SEVEN HEADS ARE SEVEN MOUNTAINS ON WHICH THE WOMAN SITTETH.. ect. For those in the know. I need not say more. for those now informed... hold on tight, keep your homes 100% secure at night. and do nothing you may be blackmailed for later. even if you are... don't let it control you into choosing a gang/team.... We are all going to have to man/woman up and stand strong against this. One more remark I feel is important before I close her is this "Contend against no church, save it be the church of the devil." D n C 18:20,21 Best to us all....

Old 08-23-2009, 04:09 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
^ Were you home schooled, by any chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies