U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,267 posts, read 24,997,246 times
Reputation: 7021

Advertisements

The market is definitely encouraged. Have you noticed to correlation the market in relation to obama's agenda?

Looks like a boondoggle of a public option may be dead, market rallies.

Feast your eyes and refute;

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/2...-streets-gain/

Quote:
Cramer has identified a correlation in the market that can be tracked quite reliably from the March low. What is it? Obama’s disapproval rating. How closely does Obama’s disapproval rate align with the actual market? If you take a close look, Cramer points out that the charts are practically identical, with disapproval for the President rising in tandem with the market’s huge run from the big March bottom.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,047 posts, read 8,158,410 times
Reputation: 1370
Near St. Auggy where some of my family lives, you can rent a home for 6 bills/month. FAR less than a mortgage, and less muss and fuss with the neighborhood disintegrating around you with additional foreclosures.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 864,176 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
It makes me laugh that some people are so stupid that they don't realize how much money could have been made since November...

I've made 240% on my portfolio since then (and I barely lost anything because I saw the recession coming in 2007 and moved my money to safer places) and I've turned my friend's $600 investment into over $5,000 with a smart buy of Sirius at .08/share. Hell, even in the past 5 weeks, I've made a killing.

While the idiots were pulling their money out of the 401(k) and investment accounts in November, I was pouring my money in (and telling people to join me)...now I'm definitely laughing all the way to the bank!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:38 PM
 
5,168 posts, read 3,550,205 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
Major congrats, Cleanhouse!
thanks , our target is to have a closing date about 3-4 months from now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,047 posts, read 8,158,410 times
Reputation: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
It makes me laugh that some people are so stupid that they don't realize how much money could have been made since November...

I've made 240% on my portfolio since then (and I barely lost anything because I saw the recession coming in 2007 and moved my money to safer places) and I've turned my friend's $600 investment into over $5,000 with a smart buy of Sirius at .08/share. Hell, even in the past 5 weeks, I've made a killing.

While the idiots were pulling their money out of the 401(k) and investment accounts in November, I was pouring my money in (and telling people to join me)...now I'm definitely laughing all the way to the bank!
That's cool. I made all of my money shorting homebuilders in 2006/2007 and participating in shorts of CDOs just before the mortgage meltdown. Whoever though schadenfreude could actually be profitable?

I also have a supermodel wife and a challet in France. See, any unverifiable claims you make on CD are just that, unverifiable. It's too bad I didn't see a forum posting that you saw this coming in 2007, back in 2006. Then I'd believe you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:39 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 864,176 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
here is an interesting breakdown:

Existing Homes: What's Really Selling - Realty Check with Diana Olick - CNBC.com

U.S. Existing Home Sales Yr/Yr
$0 - $100,000Up 38.8%
100,000 - $250,000Up 8.7%
$250,000 - $500,000Down 6.2%
$500,000 - $750,000Down 8.9%
$750,000 - $1,000,000Down 10.6%
$1,000,000 - $2,000,000Down 23.3%
$2,000,000+ Down 32.4%
Wow, I didn't even know houses could be less than $250,000...
(J/K)
At least they certainly don't exist here in San Diego or where my family lives in Silicon Valley!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
 
5,168 posts, read 3,550,205 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Waiting another year. Raleigh has just begun to join the deflation party and I need to sit on the sidelines for a while longer. Renting a beautiful house for much less than a mortgage on the same house would go, even after the tax deduction.
not an unwise decision at all. I love renting right now but with eventual offspring a 2 bdr townhome is a little tight.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
25,272 posts, read 15,460,194 times
Reputation: 6498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So....first time home buyers are buying affodable houses. Is that a problem?
It's a problem for everyone who isn't a first-time buyer and wants to buy something more than a "starter home".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
 
7,697 posts, read 8,136,503 times
Reputation: 11582
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The market is definitely encouraged. Have you noticed to correlation the market in relation to obama's agenda?

Looks like a boondoggle of a public option may be dead, market rallies.

Feast your eyes and refute;

Hot Air Blog Archive Video: Is Obama’s loss Wall Street’s gain?

Give it a rest already, Sanrene. Fercryinoutloud....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 864,176 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
That's cool. I made all of my money shorting homebuilders in 2006/2007 and participating in shorts of CDOs just before the mortgage meltdown. Whoever though schadenfreude could actually be profitable?

I also have a supermodel wife and a challet in France. See, any unverifiable claims you make on CD are just that, unverifiable. It's too bad I didn't see a forum posting that you saw this coming in 2007, back in 2006. Then I'd believe you.
I sold my shares of Sallie Mae and Citigroup in August of 2007, I could show you my stock orders...

Plus, I am an investment advisor, so it's kinda my job and the reason why I still have one with my company cutting 30% of the workforce in 2008.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top