Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:51 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I don't know any men who like cats
Then you don't know many "real" men. My husband, my son, my grandson, my son-in-law all like and have cats. My grandfather loved cats. He fed all the strays. I could go on. You can't know many men.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
This is sick. Whoever is responsible for the maltreatment of these pets, should suffer the same pain and suffering they did.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:03 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I don't think so. I think he'll serve a jail sentence. But, like Michael Vick, it will be brief, and he'll be back on the street torturing animals in no time. That's what kills me about all the Vick supporters and their "he's paid his dues" rhetoric. They don't seem to "get" that someone who systematically tortures animals over a period of YEARS, and LAUGHS while doing it, is not someone who is "cured" by two years in jail. This is the behavior of a psychopath--completely lacking in empathy, filled with rage, and the need to dominate the helpless. Michael Vick will not stop torturing animals, any more than a pedophile will stop stalking children or a serial rapist will stop assaulting women. In fact, the probability of his escalating to violence against a human is actually quite high.
You can't lock someone up simply because they're a "psychopath."

Btw, I don't think Vick is a psychopath.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Default inaccurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'll bet he was a Republican.

Neocon men HATE cats.
I am listed as a republican on the voting roles, and my family and I have been adopting cats and other animals for decades.

Another person who needs to open wider and change feet.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Default Then

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I don't know any men who like cats
You probably don't know any real men.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Question to all of those who think he is torturing animals, or doing anything different then people do on the kill line daily.

Is forcing pigs down a shoot with electrical prods, cutting their throats while still alive, letting them bleed to death, then cutting them into pieces mutilation?

I think its mutilation, but they are animals, and like it or not we eat animals. Now I don't like what this guy did, but he doesn't need to be locked up and cost tax payers tens of thousands of dollars for incarceration costs, and he doesn't deserve to be tortured because he is a human, and not an animal.

I don't like what he did, I find him a terrible human being. I feel the same way about Mike Vick, but just because I don't like what they did, doesn't mean they should be locked up and/or tortured. Just fine the crap out of them, and if a psychiatrist says they are a threat to humans, then lock them up.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
This thread is ancient.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This thread is ancient.
In fact it is!

Wonder what happened in that case? guess I'll have to try to find out.

Apparently the girlfriend (Strate) was very helpful in getting the plea deal for her ex-boyfriend. Here's what I found:

http://pysih.com/2010/10/03/update-sean-lynde/

Cat murderer Sean Lynde, 37, who had been charged in the deaths of five of his girlfriend’s cats (and is presumed to be responsible for the disappearance of a sixth), entered a plea deal which requires that he attend weeky psychotherapy sessions for a year and stay away from his ex-girlfriend and her dog. He will get no jail time for his heinous acts.
Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Michael Obus (mobus@courts.state.ny.us) signed off on the plea, in which Lynde admitted to killing one of the cats and to violating a court order by harassing his girlfriend online, but said he wasn’t happy with the agreement...He added that he was only signing off on the agreement because prosecutors said Strate was “fully on board” with the deal, which spares her from having to testify about her heartbreak in court

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...82-504083.html

Last edited by Perlier; 01-02-2011 at 01:47 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 01:39 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This thread is ancient.
You're right, I didn't notice that. I guess they stuck a stick in it long ago.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:01 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I seriously would have blown his ass away if he messed with my cat.
If it were my cats I'd be in prison now and he would never harm another animal.... or perhaps innocent children down the road. I truly believe these are the same sadistic sociopaths who burn babies with cigarettes, break their arms and legs and beat their women into submission.

I would treat him like someone who tortured and killed children. The death penalty or life in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies