Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:52 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Sorry Dave,

But I don't see race playing a part in your downfall, you've screwed up since the mess you made of appointing a replacement for Hilary. Now I grant you that in certain bogus situations playing the race card is good politics, but on the state wide level it's just stupid and counter productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 09:53 AM

454 posts, read 795,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Of course Patterson being utterly incompetent and devoid of any leadership skills has nothing to do with it. If he had any of the above the circus that's been going on in the NY State Assembly would have been dealt with months ago. Patterson is an empty suit.
In fact, his suit is sooooo empty that it only comes with one "t".

Governor Paterson.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmoose View Post
In fact, his suit is sooooo empty that it only comes with one "t".

Governor Paterson.

Touché.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:58 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,929 times
Didn't you know that's how it works? If you don't get elected, its because of race. If you didn't win the lottery, its because of race. The grocery store didn't open up 10 minutes early for you, must be your race.

Next Presidential election, if you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist and moving America backwards. Shucks.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:29 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,690 times

Old 08-22-2009, 04:01 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
LOL funny pic. Gold, nice car, and the "prized" white woman with missing teeth and a weight problem

Old 08-22-2009, 06:31 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,631 times
Default He was dealt a bad hand...

I really can't say much on his feelings about race being a factor - I'm a white guy, and I really don't know what a guy like Patterson may go through. I know political bosses are duchebags, and can be pretty cruel - So who knows what's said to him privately by these creeps. (I say that, because my experience with being part of a political party showed me what these people are really like...and capable of).

As far as his comments about the media - Well, we all agree with that (left and right).

He was dealt a bad hand from the beginning. He walked into a freaking mess - And, he tried to be a compromiser (a mortal sin in any political party - you're their guy, you stick with them, no matter what).

So, he got no support from anyone.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
I do have some idea of what a black 'leader' goes through when and if they are chosen for a leadership post. First you are given an impossible list of mandates and second everyone who goes above you is allowed to ignore you and you are taken aside and told to allow it. Yes, I was actually given the names of the people who would not actually have to report to me and told not to make a big deal about it nor discuss it with others. I am too young to know much about when another David (Dinkins) was mayor of NYC but I hear he too was an 'empty suit'. Interesting. Interesting how these impressive men become empty suits overnight. Prior to assuming the positions from which they are dismissed from in disgrace they were exemplary human beings. Gifted. Talented. Then all of a sudden they can't do anything right. All the way from Oregon I heard all about Pattersons incredible fitness to take over from Spitzer. Now its "he shouldn't even be allowed to run in the election". Obama and Patterson are two very different men. I haven't seen anything to indicate that Obama would play the race card "if he lost the next election". Patterson, I suspect, however, is probably right. Where he missed the mark is in saying it out loud. Calling a spade a spade just never works when you're a spade. I suspect he knew that too, deep down, but the #@% just gets to you every once in awhile.

H

Old 08-22-2009, 10:23 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Omg ...

Is Obama going to go screaming RACISM when he loses the next election?
You are assuming that he will not be impeached prior to November 2012?

Let's start with Fraud, Waste and Abuse:

White House Reveals Identity of Firm That Sent Unsolicited E-Mails on Health Reform - Political News - FOXNews.com

Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Omg ...

Is Obama going to go screaming RACISM when he loses the next election?
Racism: See "The Story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf, Part II."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies