Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,776,225 times

Advertisements

The difference here between Obama and Bush vacationing is:

When Bush went on another yet another one of his many vacations, we were relieved because he took a break from screwing up our country.

When Obama takes a vacation, we are upset because we miss him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:21 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,286,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The difference here between Obama and Bush vacationing is:

When Bush went on another yet another one of his many vacations, we were relieved because he took a break from screwing up our country.

When Obama takes a vacation, we are upset because we miss him!

Have you been counseled by team Obama lately? Sure sounds like you may need one of those counseling sessions.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 PM

24,382 posts, read 23,009,685 times
Obama's poll numbers go up when he's vacationing because he's not screwing things up at work. Maybe he needs to take a few months off....

Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama's poll numbers go up when he's vacationing because he's not screwing things up at work. Maybe he needs to take a few months off....

How about 3+ years.

So far he has hidden the other nut Biden down in the bunker well so maybe him and stupid Joe can trade places.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,172,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I do hope that some of us can back off on the attacks against those two little girls who don't have one thing to do with healthcare insurance reform.
Are you talking about Sarah Palin's daughters? They seem to be fair game. Just ask David Letterman. Also, the Bush daughters (Jenna & Barbara) and Clinton's daughter (Chelsea) were fair game too. Why stop now?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Wow Sunny Days...

Tell me that you were crying and complaining this much when Bush went on vacation all those time.

Yes I was, but the difference is we were not in this mess economically under Bush and did not have all the issues we have currently when he did.

Bush picked and chose his vacations wisely, but Obama is taking one on the heels of an economic disaster that he helped cause.

Believe me, I was all over Bush for many things. I call them as I see them.

For Obama to even take a vacation at this time during this crisis means he either does not care or he is out of touch with reality.

Another stupid move by Obama as it looks like he really just does not care.

Running around doing town halls like a madman and then ends them with a vacation.

Just another mistake by Obama.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:50 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,562,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Yes I was, but the difference is we were not in this mess economically under Bush and did not have all the issues we have currently when he did.

Bush picked and chose his vacations wisely, but Obama is taking one on the heels of an economic disaster that he helped cause.

For Obama to even take a vacation at this time during this crisis means he either does not care or he is out of touch with reality.

Running around doing town halls like a madman and then ends them with a vacation.

Nope. No messes under Bush at all. Except the Iraq war...aside from the bailouts...the patriot act...the economy....

Bush did not pick and choose his vacations wisely. Are you ok? He went in vacation to play golfing even though he was getting warnings about a potential terrorist attack. Yep. He SURE picked his vacations properly.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,251,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
Are you talking about Sarah Palin's daughters? They seem to be fair game. Just ask David Letterman. Also, the Bush daughters (Jenna & Barbara) and Clinton's daughter (Chelsea) were fair game too. Why stop now?
Wow, how do you live with that evil, little brain.
These girls are how old?
The Bush girls were out getting drunk and behaving badly.
Chelsea did nothing but go to school and get an education.
If you feel comfortable attacking little girls, go at it.

Re: Palin, she's still trucking her kids out to meet her political agenda.
Her daughter is the poster child for republicna values and "abstinence" only.
That was the hypocrisy.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,776,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Oh yes! Bush vacationed while America faced disaster!
Quote:
Yesterday, disaster struck. And even as one of the strongest storms in recorded history rocked the Gulf Coast, President Bush decided to continue his vacation,
Think Progress » As Katrina Struck, Bush Vacationed

Old 08-23-2009, 11:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,172,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Wow, how do you live with that evil, little brain.
These girls are how old?
The Bush girls were out getting drunk and behaving badly.
Chelsea did nothing but go to school and get an education.
If you feel comfortable attacking little girls, go at it.

Re: Palin, she's still trucking her kids out to meet her political agenda.
Her daughter is the poster child for republicna values and "abstinence" only.
That was the hypocrisy.
So what did 14-year-old Willow Palin do to deserve being the target of jokes by liberal David Letterman, insinuating that she got knocked up by A-Rod? AFAIK, she is a minor, just like Obama's daughters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies