Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 06:38 AM

23,162 posts, read 26,118,923 times

Advertisements

Too bad this thread has deteriorated into just one more abortion right or wrong thread instead of comments on the OP........a judge making a decision based on a premise none of the posters here can even agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 06:40 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,507,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Because we stand for the woman's right to control her own body. We stand for the born.

So you think they are too stupid to control their life in the first aspect so they need a 2nd chance?

They controlled their body when they decided to lay down for any man they see.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:58 AM

558 posts, read 817,318 times
We may have the freedom to make certain choices in our lives, but we don't always have the freedom to negotiate the consequences of those choices. If you believe fetuses have no rights or that your rights supercede those of fetuses, fine; just understand that your belief isn't emperical or absolute or derived from anything other than the logic of selfishness and that there will always be others who disagree with you. Ironcially, the argument then is no different from the argument industrialists might use to justify their wealth, which is like arguing over whether or not god exists. It comes down to which side wields the most power.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:59 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So you think they are too stupid to control their life in the first aspect so they need a 2nd chance?

They controlled their body when they decided to lay down for any man they see.
That shows your true hatred of women right there.

Yup. All women who get pregnant are "lying down for any man they see".

I got pregnant and had an abortion 3 years into a 6 year committed relationship. In fact, out of all the people I know personally who have had abortions, they were all in committed relationships when it happened.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,664,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That is heartless. An innocent life has to be sacrificed so a woman doesn't have to suffer the inconvenience of an unwanted pregnancy. Sad world we live in.
Rather let's bring unwanted and unloved children into the world and let them end up like Caylee Anthony. That's so much better of a result, yeah!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,096,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Just think about it, the left wing loons do not care if their teenage daughter has an abortion and the parents are not told about it so they must not care about human life period.

The baby has rights also and the woman who chooses to abort a baby in most cases made mistakes that lead to the baby being there.

Most abortions are murder by choice of the mother as it is convenient for her to just kill the baby. You will find that most woman who do this have done it over and over again.

One hand the left wing mobsters want government to tell them how to live their life and on the other hand they do not.

Mixed up and confused group of people are those left wing mobsters.
Well, since I am one of those "lefties" that you always scream at, AND I am pro life, there goes you neat little stereotype. That is something that people on both sides need to understand. Stereotypes don't work. People are more complex than that.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,745,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I have spent my entire adult life standing up for and fighting to protect those for whom, at that point in time, society is offering the least protection. I worked for civil rights, equal rights for women, and currently for health care for all. Because I believe devoutly that a society is defined by how it provides protection for those who are most vulnerable I believe in protecting the unborn. Surely the unborn is the most innocent, most vulnerable, least able to protect themselves, of any group. I do not understand how those who call themselves liberals and who will stand up against the death penalty for murderers will not stand up for and protect an innocent unborn.
Your reply surprised me. What about the innocent woman who finds herself pregnant when she does not want to be, whether it be at that point in her life or ever? Should she not have the right to control her own reproductive processes? I'm sorry, but I find the woman's rights to trump those of a potential human life. And I totally disagree with this judge who says women wanting an abortion must be 'informed' about that potential life. Especially with the wording that was used. A fetus is not a 'human life'. It is a potential human life.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
There are two lives involved. One is ended forever. Once is temporarily inconvienced. It is NOT only her body involved. Abortion is 100% fatal to the unborn child. At one point in time all of us...women included...were at the mercy of our mother's "choice." I will always believe that choosing life over temporary inconvience is the humane and human choice.
What exactly is 'temporary inconvenience' about giving birth and raising a child? You're talking about 18-20 years of the woman's life. Years when she might be going to university, getting a job that will assist her in making her own way in the world and taking care of herself. If she already has a couple of kids, carrying that pregnancy to term and adding another child to the household could potentially cause financial and other difficulties for the same 18-20 years. Should she not have the right to decide she doesn't want to add those difficulties to her life?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Maybe before ultrasound...and especially 3D and 4D ultrasound....people could convince themselves that it was "just a clump of cells." If anyone believes that now it is just because they must MAKE themselves believe it because I have SEEN the pictures of my grandchildren long before they were born. I've seen pictures of them sucking their thumb, yawning, playing with their fingers. Those type of pictures are easily available for anyone who cares about truth instead of "feel good platitudes" that will give them cover for killing their child.
2D 3D 4D Ultrasound Imaging Center Stork Vision Madison, Wisconsin

At least have the intellectual honesty to LOOK at these pictures of the "the clump of cells" that you would condem as inhuman and not of anymore value than a plant or dog.
Sorry, but your link does not prove your point. The site tells you right up front that they don't do the images until at least the eighteenth week - which is just three weeks before viability. When discussing abortion, most of us are talking about 6-8 weeks, NOT 18-40 weeks.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,586,933 times
Its about time someone is standing up to tell it like it is....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies