Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
It's human nature to be selfish.

It's hard to go through life and not be selfish at some point.

I see nothing wrong with being selfish in this case.
So selfishness is a justification for killing an innocent unborn baby? When has selfishness ever been the justification for killing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
People! You can argue this point until you are black and blue but the simple fact remains......women whoo don't want to carry a child to full term WILL find some way of aborting it. Now there are some of you who do not want to pay for them through tax payors money ...thats fine and dandy. But what you WILL pay for later is the care of that child through social programs and unfortunately social ills (incarceration) folks, you cannot have it both ways. The other point that I might add is that if you notice the rich are never out there protesting this debate as much as the poor....why is that? simple they will CONTINUE to have abortions done through private physicians or go to a country where abortions are legal and secretive.

My own personal feelings regarding this matter stems from the fact that since I'm a man I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body and that is a personal choice between the woman and her god, since he/she is the one that the woman has to answer to.
Unless the mods shut the thread down, I predict even more pages on a subject that will ALWAYS be a hot-button issue.

If you don't want an abortion, don't have one.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You might think childhood is a small part of life but I know plenty of people who blame their messed up lives on their childhood.
So and so sexually molested me so that's why I'm messed up. Dad drank too much so that's why ___________________________
Eventually people need to accept responsibility and quit blaming all of life's ills on their childhoods.

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You might think childhood is a small part of life but I know plenty of people who blame their messed up lives on their childhood.
So and so sexually molested me so that's why I'm messed up. Dad drank too much so that's why ___________________________
Oh, I know what you mean. I too have heard the same sob stories. But you see, these people are using their past to make excuses for their current positions in life. It's a cop out, nothing more. If anything, their past experiences should make them want to do better for themselves, just to spite those who tried to destroy them. See, by using the copout and allowing their past to rule their lives, they are effectively allowing that person from the past to continue controlling their lives in the future. Like the guy who says he is drinking himself to death because he watched his father drink everyday of his life. Well, I say the guy should have learned from his father's mistake. My father was an alcoholic. And you know what that did to me? It made me dislike alcohol. I mean sure, I will drink on occasion, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. But seeing how messed up his life was made me want something better for myself. See, that's how it should work. You don't grow up and emulate the bad things you experience. You use them as an example of what not to do. Those people who use their past as excuses for current problems are just weak minded individuals who need to wake up and understand that life is yours for the taking, and no one can predetermine your future.

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This part of the issue is where I am willing to make concessions. I don't feel a woman should be forced to carry a child if it was the product of rape or any form of sexual abuse. In this case, the woman was "forced" to commit the act which produces children, it was not a choice of her own. But women who experience this sort of attack should immediately check themselves into a hospital for treatment. There, they can immediately eliminate any chance of a pregnancy, possibly stopping the process before the sperm ever reaches the egg. I think most problems like this are created when the innocent female is too embarrassed to go to the doctor or the police and tell them she has been raped. We need to promote awareness on this subject and make sure women know they have nothign to be ashamed of when it comes to forced sexual activity. Report it immediately and seek medical attention. That way, the police can go right out and catch the freak, and you will have speedy medical attention to deal with any possible complications which could have resulted from the attack.

I also believe a woman should have the right to end a pregnancy if a doctor has advised her that carrying the child could disable or kill her. When it comes to life or death, the woman's life should come first. Self preservation should not be challenged, when the woman's life is gravely at risk. I have a friend who went through this very thing, only she was 5 months pregnant with the child when they had to remove it. And she desperately wanted the baby. I think that is actually the saddest part. She wanted her child, and had to give it up to save her life. But so many other woman just find their pregnancy inconvenient, never thinking of the women out there who would love to have the opportunity to carry a child to term.
well put and I support your msg

Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Eventually people need to accept responsibility and quit blaming all of life's ills on their childhoods.
Eventually people need to realize abortion will always happen, whether it's legal or not and we're better off with it being legal.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So an innocent life should be sacrificed so a woman would not have to endure these inconveniences? You really do have a cold heart.

And its no "sacrafice" dear. Just like any other mammal,more people can be made, and in fact, more are made every day. Look at China. They've a 2 kid per household limit, and it doesnt hurt their population size one bit.
I dont call those inconvieniences. I call those things straight out of a horror movie. Something living inside you for 9 months, eating what you eat, sharing your blood...gives me the creeps just thinking about it, and a woman shouldnt have to go through that absolute hell just because other over-emotional people say she should.
Every woman has a choice. You dont like abortion, that's obvious. The solution? If you get knocked up dont have one.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, I know what you mean. I too have heard the same sob stories. But you see, these people are using their past to make excuses for their current positions in life. It's a cop out, nothing more. If anything, their past experiences should make them want to do better for themselves, just to spite those who tried to destroy them. See, by using the copout and allowing their past to rule their lives, they are effectively allowing that person from the past to continue controlling their lives in the future. Like the guy who says he is drinking himself to death because he watched his father drink everyday of his life. Well, I say the guy should have learned from his father's mistake. My father was an alcoholic. And you know what that did to me? It made me dislike alcohol. I mean sure, I will drink on occasion, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. But seeing how messed up his life was made me want something better for myself. See, that's how it should work. You don't grow up and emulate the bad things you experience. You use them as an example of what not to do. Those people who use their past as excuses for current problems are just weak minded individuals who need to wake up and understand that life is yours for the taking, and no one can predetermine your future.
Sorry but I cannot rep you again. Another excellent post Reads.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:43 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
And its no "sacrafice" dear. Just like any other mammal,more people can be made, and in fact, more are made every day. Look at China. They've a 2 kid per household limit, and it doesnt hurt their population size one bit.
I dont call those inconvieniences. I call those things straight out of a horror movie. Something living inside you for 9 months, eating what you eat, sharing your blood...gives me the creeps just thinking about it, and a woman shouldnt have to go through that absolute hell just because other over-emotional people say she should.
Every woman has a choice. You dont like abortion, that's obvious. The solution? If you get knocked up dont have one.
Yikes. Please don't ever breed.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
You said that's how it SHOULD be but you and I both know life is nothing like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies