Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 03:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,316,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It ain't drama honey, it's the truth.
It's YOUR truth. I don't have to live with YOUR truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 05:36 PM

757 posts, read 800,790 times
The US Supreme Court has ruled that abortion rights are a matter of personal privacy. For the life of me I fail to understand why a conservative would be opposed to ensuring personal privacy. Isn't that a basic belief of conservatism? Less instrusive gov in people's lives? All that is tossed to the wind based on some misplaced sense of morality.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:54 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,924,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So an innocent life should be sacrificed so a woman would not have to endure these inconveniences? You really do have a cold heart.
you can look at it like a cold heart but the facts remain. a woman has a right to do what she wants when she becomes pregnant. it is up to her, pro lifer's are not the boss of her life, she is. she may for any reason what so ever, be it selfish or wrong in your view, she has a choice. she may have the baby! she may abort and she can also give the baby up for adoption. her reasons for doing so are private, hell you don't even know her. woman have the right to privacy and reproductive freedom. she can have a baby or abort it. the reasons are not important what is important is her right to choose.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,010,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you can look at it like a cold heart but the facts remain. a woman has a right to do what she wants when she becomes pregnant. it is up to her, pro lifer's are not the boss of her life, she is. she may for any reason what so ever, be it selfish or wrong in your view, she has a choice. she may have the baby! she may abort and she can also give the baby up for adoption. her reasons for doing so are private, hell you don't even know her. woman have the right to privacy and reproductive freedom. she can have a baby or abort it. the reasons are not important what is important is her right to choose.
Ah, but this poster seems to be unable to separate her own emotions from logic in this situation.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,155,989 times
Abortion is ending a human life. That is the reality of the procedure. If allowed to live a baby would be born and that baby would be a human baby.
That said it is none of my business what someone else does. If tax dollars are used then it becomes public business. Why because in most cases pregnancy would have been avoided if the parties involved had simply considered the consequences and used protection. To then ask the public to fund your personal decision is to invite the public's opinion.
As I said many times it is the womans body, the womans sacrifice, and the majority of burden falls upon the woman it is her choice. But please don't include me in said choice by using tax dollars to pay for it.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,193,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
You are more concerned with defending abstract principles of liberty than a human life?
My concern is defending the right to legal abortion vs. back-alley abortion butchers and self-mutiliation/self-abortions by desperate women and young girls. It was done that way in the past and it will continue to be done that way again if legal abortion is done away with in this country.

The powerful and wealthy will simple pay off a doc to do an abortion on his mistress, girlfriend (possibly wife), or daughter or else fly to a country where abortion is legal.

Let's not play games here with "you are more concerned with defending abstract principles of liberty than a human life" - we all know the name of the game and it's about power and money. Those that have access to both play the game "their" way, while the rest of the proletariats dance to the tune of what the powerful and wealthy dream up and legislate.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,193,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But please don't include me in said choice by using tax dollars to pay for it.
But please don't include me in paying for the war in Iraq by using tax dollars (mine and others who don't approve of it) to pay for it. Yet we do.....

Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,086,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
My concern is defending the right to legal abortion vs. back-alley abortion butchers and self-mutiliation/self-abortions by desperate women and young girls. It was done that way in the past and it will continue to be done that way again if legal abortion is done away with in this country.

The powerful and wealthy will simple pay off a doc to do an abortion on his mistress, girlfriend (possibly wife), or daughter or else fly to a country where abortion is legal.

Let's not play games here with "you are more concerned with defending abstract principles of liberty than a human life" - we all know the name of the game and it's about power and money. Those that have access to both play the game "their" way, while the rest of the proletariats dance to the tune of what the powerful and wealthy dream up and legislate.
Quote:
But please don't include me in paying for the war in Iraq by using tax dollars (mine and others who don't approve of it) to pay for it. Yet we do.....
Sorry I can't rep you again......Two great posts!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,155,989 times
Quote:
I don't include you in it I was against it too.
The abortion is a personal choice made by an individual. So was the act that got them in the need for the abortion with the exception of rape or incest. Those victims I support tax dollars being used to help them out. As for the consenting adults who simply decided that sex was better without protection? They own it begining to end.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:32 PM

974 posts, read 1,582,261 times
So instead, we should force these women to have these children and allow things like DREAMCATCHERS for Abused Children - Child Abuse Images to happen to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies