Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 12:44 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballakev View Post
IMO the woman should be more responsible. With the females innate ability to allow reproduction to come to fruition comes great responsibility.
I really hope you don't have sons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,095 times
Quote:
IMO the woman should be more responsible. With the females innate ability to allow reproduction to come to fruition comes great responsibility.
Females cannot reproduce asexually! Men need to be equally responsible! I also notice that you do not address the issue of rape in the post you replied to. Nice. so if you get raped, you're irresponsible?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:07 PM

287 posts, read 547,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Females cannot reproduce asexually! Men need to be equally responsible! I also notice that you do not address the issue of rape in the post you replied to. Nice. so if you get raped, you're irresponsible?
When did I say females reproduce asexually? Certainly Men need to be responsible, but IMO the Women should bear more of the responsibility because of their actual ability to bring the reproduction into fruition. I never addressed the issue of rape because I assumed the discussion I replied to was in instances of where the act itself was mutual. In instances of rape however, certainly the man should take full responsibility for his coercive unlawfulness.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Because of glaring differences: consent and intent.

If a surgeon accidentally removes an internal organ during the course of surgery, it is radically different from removing an internal organ intentionally and by consent.
Even with consent and intent some Physicians are still liable. There was a story I read about where a Physician performed an abortion where the baby was partially born alive so he drowned the baby and he got arrested for murder and was convicted for a crime.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:24 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
So a married woman who wants no more children should refuse her husband's advances? So even when both are doing everything in their power (short of abstinence) to prevent pregnancy, an unwanted pregnancy is somehow 'her fault'?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:27 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Even with consent and intent some Physicians are still liable. There was a story I read about where a Physician performed an abortion where the baby was partially born alive so he drowned the baby and he got arrested for murder and was convicted for a crime.
Gotta ask for evidence of this. If it took place, there must be news articles or other such evidence that you should be able to produce for us.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:28 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
It was a crime (if it actually happened), and if you can't or won't see the difference, I cannot help you.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Gotta ask for evidence of this. If it took place, there must be news articles or other such evidence that you should be able to produce for us.
Baby Girl born alive and killed after surviving late-term abortion

Old 09-03-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
It was a crime (if it actually happened), and if you can't or won't see the difference, I cannot help you.
I understand the difference but all I'm saying is that Physician's can still be liable even if the intent and consent is certainly clear.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:35 PM

487 posts, read 636,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Guess what... it takes sperm to get a woman pregnant.
So, the male really needs to keep it in his pants.
Or is this simply a double standard for you?
______
Nice post, it implies that no woman has ever been raped, that it is her fault for rape.

You know women who have been raped.
You blame them, too.

Hope it never happens to your sister, daughter or mother.
Women have always been the deciders of whether sex occurs. This is true throughout nature, males try to impress the females so that she grants permission to mate. Truth is if women allowed it men would have sex with as many of them as possible. This is why the reproducers, women, hold the burden of responsibility when fornicating with the sperm providers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies